AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Cynthia the Mission (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=78626)

Claies 2009-02-28 17:23

Cynthia the Mission

CYNTHIA THE MISSION

Artist/Author: Takatou Rui

Category: Action, Drama

Caution: Highly violent. Occasionally NSFW, mild lolicon with breast exposure.

Cynthia Rui is a teenage, petite, and hilariously bald-looking assassin working for the Hong Kong Triads. After finishing her previous assignment, sadly killing her mentor in the process, she was sent to assist the Japanese branch. There, she encounters and befriends several abnormally strong high school-age fighters.

This is pure action, with very well-drawn fight scenes, and some physical comedy thrown in whenever there isn't fighting. If anyone has read Gunsmith Cats, you'll see what I mean by "occasionally NSFW" - the artist will sneak in a shot of one of the characters' breasts every couple chapters or so. The ecchi doesn't go beyond that, as far as I can tell. However, the physical violence and blood tends to get intense.

Currently scanlated by desudesu. Navigate their site with caution - they predominantly scanlate hentai, and Cynthia the Mission is one of their sidebar donor projects. I recommend looking on Google for the chapters instead.

a_nevels666 2009-03-02 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claies (Post 2243307)
CYNTHIA THE MISSION

Artist/Author: Takatou Rui

Category: Action, Drama

Caution: Highly violent. Occasionally NSFW, mild lolicon with breast exposure.

Cynthia Rui is a teenage, petite, and hilariously bald-looking assassin working for the Hong Kong Triads. After finishing her previous assignment, sadly killing her mentor in the process, she was sent to assist the Japanese branch. There, she encounters and befriends several abnormally strong high school-age fighters.

This is pure action, with very well-drawn fight scenes, and some physical comedy thrown in whenever there isn't fighting. If anyone has read Gunsmith Cats, you'll see what I mean by "occasionally NSFW" - the artist will sneak in a shot of one of the characters' breasts every couple chapters or so. The ecchi doesn't go beyond that, as far as I can tell. However, the physical violence and blood tends to get intense.

Currently scanlated by desudesu. Navigate their site with caution - they predominantly scanlate hentai, and Cynthia the Mission is one of their sidebar donor projects. I recommend looking on Google for the chapters instead.

Seems very good so far, the fighting is very gritty and pretty "realistic", like Grappler Baki/Garouden/Tough, i.e. fighters actually break bones etc, and the moves are at least based on reality. Basically it's mixed martial arts, if it were performed by sociopaths on crack.
The violence level borders on guro at times...like Shigurui-level stuff.
Personally I'm loving it. :) but it's probably not for everyone.

golthin 2009-07-23 04:20

very nice manga, i just read all the 9 volumes available. I think they are planning for a sequel.
I didn't like very much what happened to one of the characters at the end, she was evil but she was hot, oh well. Still, she asked for it .

risingstar3110 2009-08-01 07:57

Have just read this manga up to Vol 5, and i have to say i hate Shi with all my guts....

The story is getting ridiculously cliche and predictable, but i still eager to follow because i hope to see the day when she/he bite the dust. Akane don't need an evil split-personality to cause any more troubles.....

golthin 2009-08-01 07:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by risingstar3110 (Post 2552037)
Have just read this manga up to Vol 5, and i have to say i hate Shi with all my guts....

The story is getting ridiculously predictable, but i still eager to follow because i hope to see the day when she/he bite the dust. Akane don't need an evil personality to guard her.....

you going to hate what happened to Akane/shi in the future :(