AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Final Fantasy XIV (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=82317)

Mr Hat and Clogs 2013-09-15 01:19

Ah cool cool. Handy.

SaintessHeart 2013-09-15 06:57

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Mr Hat and Clogs 2013-09-15 09:33

^ sounds painful.

Similar topic, holy shit at the gold spammers. Been playing for barely a weekend and I've blocked 62 people for gold spamming. I had to turn general chat off. It's bloody obnoxious what they are doing. How they expect to get sales by pissing people off I just don't know.

Vexx 2013-09-15 14:46

I suspect many/most of the "gold spammers" are idiots who have been sold a kit by hack-con folks from the websites they mention. It's like email spam - the REAL money is made selling name lists and "spam for dummies" kits to morons who think they can 'get rich quick' that way by directing sales.

There's one idiot on Balmung who's bots all have broken macros --- so the avatar just sits there saying "v" every couple of seconds. There's been like five versions of him/her so the idiot isn't even aware enough to know they have a technical problem.

I put together a separate tab with everything but shout turned on. That solves 90% of the problem. At this point, I just package 5 or 10 names up at a time and ship a report to SQE - and inform them in caps that each one deserves their own report but I don't play to spend an hour doing reports on each one. I've even got a copy/paste memo for it.

synaesthetic 2013-09-15 18:23

The problem with "solving" the problem by disabling shout is... well, the non-Duty Finder battles. It's hard to find a group for Dhorme Chimera when everyone's got shout turned off.

Alchemist007 2013-09-15 22:05

Took me 15 runs in the same dungeon, about 18 hrs including time waiting, to get this fucking full outfit. I just wanted the shirt from the start, but it took all that time to get it as the final piece. The rest are just a bonus.

Spoiler for screenshot:

kuroishinigami 2013-09-15 22:08

Wow, that's nice. Which dungeon you get the gear from?

Alchemist007 2013-09-15 22:31

Brayflox's Longstop. Just to give you some idea, I went from lvl 32-38 with 90% of that xp being from this place.

Mr Hat and Clogs 2013-09-15 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexx (Post 4832740)
There's one idiot on Balmung who's bots all have broken macros --- so the avatar just sits there saying "v" every couple of seconds. There's been like five versions of him/her so the idiot isn't even aware enough to know they have a technical problem.

Huh, there is a guy on Brunhild that must use the same bot or something, because he stands around spamming V in say as well.. although his macro works for the most part, since he still fills the damn chatbox with bullshit.

Cool armor Alchemist, I'm getting a little overof the 'cowled robes' myself, I want to be able to see my hair! :heh:

Is there a website like what WoWhead does for Wow for FF?

Om Nerabdator 2013-09-15 23:50

yea cowled robes are bloody annoying, should be an option to pull the hood down

kuroishinigami 2013-09-16 00:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alchemist007 (Post 4833206)
Brayflox's Longstop. Just to give you some idea, I went from lvl 32-38 with 90% of that xp being from this place.

Ah ic. Brayflox has much higher chance to drop the caster rare equip it seems. I got all of them in 2 run on brayflox(would have been 1 if I didn't have to share with 2 other caster on my 1st run lol)

Mow Yun 2013-09-16 01:42

I'm so close to level 50 I can almost smell it :D

But the quests are running very dry at the high levels so its either dungeon crawling or FATE grinding... :(

Alchemist007 2013-09-16 01:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator (Post 4833282)
yea cowled robes are bloody annoying, should be an option to pull the hood down

I remember when I got my first one, it had better stats than anything else I had at the moment. Still sold it just because I couldn't see my hair :heh:

Mr Hat and Clogs 2013-09-16 02:01

Such vain creatures we are.

I just want to be able to wear the wire rimmed spectacles I have, is that too much to ask QQ. I really don't see why I can't wear them and the cowled robe.

synaesthetic 2013-09-16 04:53

I'm going to skip the darklight cowl just because it hides Aeri's Twintails of Power. D:

I'll be saving all my Allagan tomestones of mythology for AF2 robe. Besides, Amdapor Keep yielded up a demagogue half-robe so it's not like darklight is a considerable upgrade anymore.

Annoyed that chimera is not on the duty finder. >< Relic quest stalled until more FC members get 50.

kyp275 2013-09-16 08:22

Yea, chimera can be a pain, though it does get much easier if you have a couple of good tanks(tanking it on top of the hill outside of the cave helps too).

On the cowls... Sometimes I almost wish my main is a lala... everything looks good on them, even cowls.

SaintessHeart 2013-09-16 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyp275 (Post 4833658)
Yea, chimera can be a pain, though it does get much easier if you have a couple of good tanks(tanking it on top of the hill outside of the cave helps too).

On the cowls... Sometimes I almost wish my main is a lala... everything looks good on them, even cowls.

You just like them because they are "fun-sized", you dirty lolicon. :p

Mr Hat and Clogs 2013-09-16 19:48

Hey, Saintess, you on Brynhild?

Alchemist007 2013-09-17 00:56

I can't believe that just happened. Finally did the Chimera dungeon, failed a couple times at the final boss then the tank has to leave with 12 minutes left.

We decide to wait 3 minutes for a new tank, doesn't come, we try our luck. Me (bard), healer, and dragoon. We get it down to 30% health before both the healer and dragoon die. I single handedly take this thing down to less than 3% health, so damn close and then time runs out. If we didn't stand around doing nothing for 3 minutes, I could've been a god. You don't need a tank for the actual Chimera boss, just someone who can gain aggro and attack from a distance on the move. Bard is the anti-Chimera.

Pen3 2013-09-17 01:21

I just bought an used GTX 670 from my friend to SLI with mine and its looking a lot smoother.