AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Tsukihime 05 is out from ANBU (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=646)

starduck 2003-11-10 05:53

Tsukihime 05 is out from ANBU

Yes, its finally out.

You might wonder why it took more time than usual... Its because we thought it would be nice to translate the french page of a book you can see during the episode... We've also added a few more explanation, which you can see at the end of the episode. Now, I know that you guys won't download our episode "just" for that translation of the book so I'll post it here ;)

French version :

...sont impatienté de mon pinceau maladroit et se sont envolés chacun de leur côté. Je m'accroche à leurs chaussures boueuese et leur hurle de m'attendre. Si je n'élabore pas un nouveau plan de bataille, c'est moi qui vais perdre souffle le premier.

Bref, ce roman n'est pas très drôle. Il n'est fait que de poses. Ce genre de lire, qu'on en écrive une page ou cent, ça revient au même. Mais ça, je le savais depuis le début. J'était optimiste en espérant qu'au moins un élément sincère sortirait de ce que j'était entrain d'écrire. Quelle prétention de ma part. Je suire prétentieux, mais n'ai-je pas au moins un bon côté? Désespérant de mon style puant et bavard, je traque quand même dans le moindre recoin "Au moin une bonne chose, au moin une". Ce faisant, je commence à me raidir à vue d'oeil : C'est que j'ai claqué. Ah! Un roman, on ne doit l'écrire que sans arrières-pensées. Avec de bons sentiments, on ne fait pas de la bonne littérature. Qu'est-ce que j'ai pus être bête - et que ce mot contienne les pires choses! Si l'on n'est pas dans un état extasique, jamais on ne pourra écrire un roman. Si un mot ou une phrase rebondit dans votre coeur en dix sense différent, il vaut mieux casser votre pinceau et le jeter. Qu'il s'agisse de Yôzô, de Hida our encore the Kosuge, ils n'ont nul besoin de se montrer prétencieux comme ça en toute occasion. De toute façon, on sait d'où ils viennent. Sois mièvre, sois mièvre. Spontané, sans réfléchir.

Ce soir-là, la nuit était déjà bien avancée quand le frère aîné de Yôzô vient le voir à la clinique. Yôzô jouait au cartes avec Hida et Kosuge. La vieille, lorsque le frère était venu pour la première fois, il me semble qu'ils jouaient aussi tout les trois. Mais il ne faudrait pas croire qu'ils passent leurs journées des cartes à la main. Au contraire, on peut dire qu'ils détestent jouer . Ils ne sortent des cartes que lorsqu'ils s'ennuient ferme. En outre, ils évitent les jeux où...

English version :

...got fed up with my lousy writing skills and left. I clung to their muggy shoes and yelled for them to wait. I'll be the first one to be winded unless I come up with a new battle plan...

So apparently, this novel really isn't too amusing. The pace is too slow; whether you write one page or a hundred of these types of books, they all read the same in the end. But the fact of the matter is, I've known it all along. I got worked up, thinking that perhaps one sincere thing would come out of my writing. I may be pretentious, but perhaps I have at least one good thing to me? Exasperated by my talkative, mediocre style, I still long to find that one thing I'm good at... In doing so, my body started to stiffen up. Perhaps it is because I'm tired. Ah! One cannot write a novel without prejudice, for one cannot just simply write a novel out of good sentiment. How absurd could I be... for I end up writing the worst imaginable things time after time! One cannot write a novel without being ecstatic. If you find that a word or a phrase equivocates within your heart in ten different ways, you're better off breaking and throwing your pen away. Whether he is Yozo, Hida, or even Kosuge, there's no point in being so pretentious all the time. Be sentimental and spontaneous without thought.

That night, it was getting pretty late when Yozo's big brother came to see him at the clinic. Yozo was playing cards with Hida and Kosuge. A few days earlier, when the brother came for the first time, it seemed that the three of them were also playing. But it wouldn't be right to think that they do nothing but play cards all day. On the contrary, you could say that they actually hate playing. They only pull out the cards when they are really bored. Moreover, they avoid games where you...

Brought to you by by Chii, Torgan, Daeluin, Evilmech and me

it doesn't make much sense, nor does it help with the story... But we thought that we might as well translate it... Enjoy ;)

DarkSide Hero 2003-11-10 10:39

Good Job guys Keep Up the nice work!

durrem 2003-11-10 15:10

Thanks. I was waiting for your episode anyway. Thanks for going the extra mile. Did Chii translate that page, too? :)

hunterx 2003-11-10 15:30

Probably OT but I guess I'll ask here. How come many of the episodes are very small ~100KB for this particular anime, while most animes compress to around ~180KB?

starduck 2003-11-10 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by durrem
Thanks. I was waiting for your episode anyway. Thanks for going the extra mile. Did Chii translate that page, too? :)

Nah, I did... He edited it tho...

hunterx -> Because Tsuki doesn't have any flashy colors, and there's no action... There's no fast movements. Its like watching a bmp with sound... And its megs... not kb ;)

DarkSide Hero 2003-11-10 16:46

It's not because of the lower horizontal resolution?

FrozenShade 2003-11-10 17:08

Good work Chii, Torgan, Daeluin, Evilmech and starduck. :bow:
I guess it's time for me to start watching Tsukihime~ ;)

Nins 2003-11-10 22:34

I always think it is worth it to wait for ANBU's version for some reason... but I wish there were more bots in the mirc #anbudom channel to distribute Tsukihime though... just a quesition, in general there aren't that many ANBU| bots as previously on the channel? anyway keep up the good work Starduck and ANBU!

starduck 2003-11-10 23:35

Well... we've got 5 release bots... 1 is 100mbit, the 4 others are 10mbit... Generally, people don't even wait un queues to get our newest releases... beside for Naruto and FMA... I think its enough bots...

Videric 2003-11-11 15:32

Cant you just download it from BT :hmm: ?

Nins 2003-11-11 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Videric
Cant you just download it from BT :hmm: ?

ok my bad, there seems to be enough bots in the channel....(just discovered the forum lol)

as for BT v Mirc bot download.... Videric, I do not know if you actually know how to download through mirc rather than BT but you can get your anime alot quicker on mirc via bots in any channel that has decent bots whereas BT tends to be slower if there are way too many leechers v seeds or the whole system of BT for a very popular anime series is getting hammered and BT stuffs up (eg. getwoot and popular anime like Naruto on BT)... therefore it is a personal choice which I tend to choose mirc over BT usually unless there isn't a bot distro for watever reason it is not available on a fansub group's mirc channel :naughty:

Videric 2003-11-11 16:22

I sure know how to download from mirc.. what did you think i did before BT was popular? I mean its just easier to just download from BT then search f-serv's.. sure xdcc bots are good , but often as mentioned before there is queue's.

So i just download from BT, Thats it :)

monir 2003-11-11 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by starduck
it doesn't make much sense, nor does it help with the story... But we thought that we might as well translate it... Enjoy ;)

Starduck-sama, is that mean you are getting softy toward the frenchie's...:D..I read some of your logs of actual-encounter-in-the-web from your site..So I had to know...*dling Tsukihame as we speak*

starduck 2003-11-11 23:54

No, it only means that I happen to speak french and wanted to share this with the rest of people enjoying Tsukihime using my skills and knowledge ;)

metachronism 2003-11-12 08:08

Is ANBU's title for episode 5 "L'arc de Ciel" a real word? I was under the impression that the correct French is "L'arc en Ciel."

Also, why did the title become French after it was presented in English in the preview at the end of episode 4?

K_R 2003-11-12 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunterx
Probably OT but I guess I'll ask here. How come many of the episodes are very small ~100KB for this particular anime, while most animes compress to around ~180KB?

Maybe they overfilter?

The HDTV raws clock in at 200MB+, minus some for resize, add some (lots) for subtitle overhead (subs = sharp edges = harder to compress).

u&t 2003-11-12 09:37

They use unusually low bitrates. Thats all.

My guess is they just have an encoder that really knows what he's doing

starduck 2003-11-12 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by metachronism
Is ANBU's title for episode 5 "L'arc de Ciel" a real word? I was under the impression that the correct French is "L'arc en Ciel."

Also, why did the title become French after it was presented in English in the preview at the end of episode 4?

"Arc-en-ciel" means Rainbow... "L'arc de Ciel" means "Ciel's (The character) bow" ... Or "The bow of the sky" ... Ciel = sky. In the game, Ciel's nickname is "The bow", because she uses a lot of projectile weapons ...

And it wasn't written like that at the end of episode 04 because we absolutly had no information to make that kind of decision. Chii decided to make the change while translating episode 05.

mashadar 2003-11-12 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by K_R
Maybe they overfilter?

The HDTV raws clock in at 200MB+, minus some for resize, add some (lots) for subtitle overhead (subs = sharp edges = harder to compress).

Overfilter? Nope.
It's because it doesn't contain much detail in luma, it's dark and it doesn't have much motion

subs = sharp edges? The subtitle filters antialias the edges of the fonts to reduce sharpness.

Subs don't add much and can even make the compressed file smaller because they have static areas.

nyaa-san 2003-11-12 12:42

Starduck: Comment peux-tu traduire un texte en français si tu n'es même pas capable de le transcrire correctement?