AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Chobits (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=1204)

tsuki_desu 2003-11-18 21:44

Chobits

What do you think about this story?

*aznplayboi* 2003-11-19 21:12

well i haven't finished the series...only read 1-4 but so far i luv it. Very funny too.

clow 2003-11-23 11:42

The story is good and the characters are funny. There'S some part where the pics are.....um....hot. ^^

CommS007 2003-11-23 12:14

The story accelerates :)
It's quite funny and other thingies :D

Why should emotions be bound to humans only, neh? :3

Muraki 2003-11-23 14:16

I havn't quite finished reading the whole thing but I have enjoyed the story so far but being CLAMP I wouldn't have expected less :D

Gaara11 2003-11-23 19:06

The story was cool and didn't felt dragged like the anime. Though it did felt rushed towards the end.

Ryan 2003-11-25 07:29

Chobits is very nice, not only the story but also the drawings are great

Tomomi 2003-11-26 08:26

Love the story, man! :D

elian85 2003-11-29 21:11

bester ever

was one of my first high quality animes, thats y i bought the mangas,too, and it still is the greatest. i ve found nothin else compared to this, although i spend a lot of time watchin animes and readin mangas. u should watch the anime when u ve finished the mangas (if u havnt already).it is a bit different in some parts (the manga offers more background information) but it ownz as hell. especially when chii gets that nasty guys fingers between..... well.... what was his name in the peep show? or when she gets connected to the 20 persocons of aehm.. i cant handle so many names ;).
anyway...chobits is my absolute favorite manga.
READ IT AND WATCH THE ANIME!

MetaFire 2003-12-12 01:02

Just finished reading the whole thing... Lots of Angelic Layer characters make a subtle cameo, though some more than others. Pretty fun to see how they did the crossovers, but they kinda stretched quite a bit...

I love it and just bought the boxset to put all my volumes in. ;)

LynnieS 2003-12-12 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetaFire
Just finished reading the whole thing... Lots of Angelic Layer characters make a subtle cameo, though some more than others. Pretty fun to see how they did the crossovers, but they kinda stretched quite a bit...

I love it and just bought the boxset to put all my volumes in. ;)

You mean the one that comes with book 8 and the Chii figurine? I thought about getting one, but only eBay sellers look to offer it. They're charging an arm and a leg - and seemingly the cash from my health benefits from losing the two - for the item. Is it a good - read: sturdy - box?

Back onto topic. I thought "Chobits" was merely okay, but sometimes, I felt that the meta-physical debate between human and persocom got a bit out of control.

MetaFire 2003-12-12 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by LynnieS
You mean the one that comes with book 8 and the Chii figurine? I thought about getting one, but only eBay sellers look to offer it. They're charging an arm and a leg - and seemingly the cash from my health benefits from losing the two - for the item. Is it a good - read: sturdy - box?

Mmm, I'd say it's a sturdy box, seems like it's made out of strong a cardboard which is pretty think. The books fit perfectly, width/height-wise into it. The chi figurine is pretty cute. I found it in the mall at Walden's bookstore for about 20 bucks, actually only 2 days ago. I believe the only stores offering the Special Edition box /w chi figurine are Borders and Walden.

Anywho, anyone else see the Angelic Layer tie-ins? Ichiro, Kaede, Jounochi Sai, and Misaki make an appearence.

7thMethuselah 2003-12-16 14:48

I am reading the tokyopop version of the manga and i must say the series so far is awesome. The characters are great, animation is very nice (sometimes very very very nice :heh:) and the story progresses fast.

I haven't finished the manga yet, but i have seen the entire anime and it is great (licensed though), so go see and read it if you haven't yet

zalas 2003-12-16 15:54

Quote:

Mmm, I'd say it's a sturdy box, seems like it's made out of strong a cardboard which is pretty think. The books fit perfectly, width/height-wise into it. The chi figurine is pretty cute. I found it in the mall at Walden's bookstore for about 20 bucks, actually only 2 days ago. I believe the only stores offering the Special Edition box /w chi figurine are Borders and Walden.

I guess 20 bucks isn't so bad ^^; The Japanese manga clear plastic tote box is pretty nice too, except it's without a figure, costs about $25 if you get it a Kinokuniya and you can lug it around (assuming the manga isn't too heavy). I'm not sure if Tokyopop's manga would fit into it, the tote box can hold about 8 volumes of the Chinese chobits + 1 volume of the Japanese (Chinese Chobits manga is slightly thicker, but the same width and height I believe).

tsuki_desu 2003-12-21 15:50

Quote:

Anywho, anyone else see the Angelic Layer tie-ins? Ichiro, Kaede, Jounochi Sai, and Misaki make an appearence.

Ya! I noticed that too! The funny thing is... who would actually fall in love with Icchan? lol

DjDeluxay 2003-12-29 05:14

i loved it. Saw mostly anime but loved it. I think they should continue this series. I mean it just made me want to goto Japan even more!!! i want more i want more.

Rhia 2003-12-29 11:25

why??

Why Read It Wen U Can Download It??

zalas 2003-12-29 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhia

Why Compensate Companies For There Hard Work Wen U Can Rip Them Off Like A CheapSkate??

kj1980 2003-12-29 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhia

Why download and waste useful bandwidth (like it matters, we get 20MBps anyway) if you can go to any nearby bookstore or convenience store and buy it for 500 yen?

blackrose115 2003-12-30 14:47

i like chobits, havn't really read or whatched much...fine! i've barley read or watched it, but i can get hooked onto anime even without reading or watching much...

what i'm trying to say is that Chobits is cool, and no one can stop ot's coolness!!!!*goes insane*mwahahahhahaahaaa!!!*returns to normal*ahem! ok, going off topic here.....

(i've taken a few tests online, and i turned out to be Chii!!!yay!cuteness!)

sakura media is having a sale with stuff going from $5 and theres some nice sute keychains with chobits characters, and maybe some more stuff like figurenes??