AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Umineko (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Umineko - Favourite Character(s) Poll [Witch's side] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=90586)

Klashikari 2010-01-11 14:01

Umineko - Favourite Character(s) Poll [Witch's side]

Welcome to Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Favorite Character(s) Poll [Witch's side] - the place where you can express all of your love towards your favorite Umineko witches, demons and furniture.

Because of the huge number of important characters in this series, two threads have been created in order to allow everyone to vote for all their favorite characters. As such, the present thread is covering characters from the witch side. If you wish to vote for Battler and other characters related to the human's side, please go to this thread.

You can vote for multiple characters all at once in this poll. Your vote is final once you click on the "vote now" tab. You won't be able to comeback and vote a second time for another character. Choose wisely!

Please remember this thread is destined for anime watchers and VN readers alike. Therefore, do not post any spoilers at all, and try to vote for characters you like based on Episode 1-4 events only, in order to allow people to understand your comments should you post any.

The poll is public which means the votes will be visible to everyone!

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.

Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.
  • Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

momobunny 2010-01-11 14:33

My favorite characters in Umineko are Sakutarou and Virgilia.

Sakutarou is so adorable, I love seeing him in his plushie or human form. I like the seiyuu choice for him too, I think Minori Chihara did a fine job playing him.

Virgilia was one of my favorites for a long time now. I love her personality and her design is pretty, I also think Kikuko Inoue did a great job voicing her.

I wasn't sure if the Stakes and Siestas were going to be on the poll or not. Since they are, my third vote went to Siesta 45.

I like Siesta 45's rather timid and bumbling personality, and aside from the skimpy outfit she has one of my favorite designs.

Midnight Bliss 2010-01-11 15:42

Virgillia: Definitely favorite character on the Witches side. I love her character and she's so mysterious and I love her OKAY I'LL SERVE YOU SOME DELICIOUS TEA thing<3 Iunno, I just love her character the most out of all.

Gaap: Second favorite, awesome personality, great design. I love her attitude and I think she has one of the best designs, she's just pretty awesome.

Ronove PU KU KU. One of the most amusing characters ever and makes me smile every time he appears on the screen. His fight with Jessica is bonus points, as well. He's the most amusing character on the Witches side.

Eva Beatrice: Kind of a bitch, but even so, I like her character plenty. Favorite character on the Witches side for episode 3. Ep 4 just eh.

Bernkatsel: Not comparing my love for her in Higurashi since it's different than in Umineko, even with how cruel she is, I like her character a lot. I just do.

blitz1/2 2010-01-11 15:45

Why isn't MARIA on there? xD

supertonia 2010-01-11 15:48

Beatrice: Beacause i love her She is awesoem <3

Ronove: Pupuku i woudl defintely want him for my buttler >//<

Lamda: Super paper do i need to say more?

Gaap: Sh eis quite amusing XD

Midnight Bliss 2010-01-11 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitz1/2 (Post 2863160)
Why isn't MARIA on there? xD

Because she really isn't a new character? It's really just Maria in a different outfit with the ability to create 1 out of 0 as the Witch of Origins. Nothing else, really.

TsundereCake 2010-01-11 16:01

Beatooooooooooo<33333333333

Avira 2010-01-11 16:06

Beato: I don't really know why..she's just so fun when she gets mean but she can be so melodramatic as well. I've only watched the anime and I gotta say, her character is confusing as hell (so far). Which is sort of nice xD

Ronove: Cheeky Buttler with a sense of humor, need I say more? Oh, and he's not a typicle bishie or shota, but no old guy either.

Lamda: I love her character. Such a care-free sadist!

Satan: Angry people are amusing. Well, in anime.

Gaap: Despite her whore-ish dress, I like her for some reason. Must be the name...Gaaaap:heh:

....GAAAAAAAAAPPPPP what kind of name is that? Another name for the devil or some demon? I think it is.:confused:

Klashikari 2010-01-11 16:17

My votes:

Bernkastel
: No matter who she truly is, I always liked her role and aura around her. Of course, she is nowhere close to Frederica Bernkastel in term of personality, but nevertheless, I do not mind her "horrible" behavior that is hinted in the end of Episode 4 (which I still think that leave to a possible 50/50 chance for being a protagonist or antagonist).
And Yukarin sounds always sexy :3

Virgilia: I always liked her design and her personality suits her role and presence. Voiced by "forever 17 years old" Inoue, she is basically the voice of wisdom (if we give her some slack for her silliness in Ep4). Of course, she was also pretty much a weapon of mass destruction as well... A shame the anime didn't show the extent of Gungnir and Mjollnir.

Ronove: Too bloody brilliant with his jabs and laughter, Ronove was always a very pleasant character, extremely amusing to boot (poking fun to Beato and Battler alike).
And being a skillful butler is always a nice bonus point.

Also voted 2 extra, for the furniture section:

Belphegor: probably the most reasonable of the 7 sisters and I like her design and personality the most, closely followed by Asmodeus. Of course, if you add that duel with Rudolf, it earns her tons of point (quite honorable to accept this, but also brave to shield her moronic master).

Siesta00: Stylish and doesn't look any ridiculous to me, unlike 45 and 410. I always got a fond of that kind of kuudere.

Pretty much like the human's side, the witch's side has a lot of colorful characters that have a merit in several fields, as being entertaining, interesting and so forth.
Of course, Beatrice is among -the- best developed of the lot, though my vote didn't go through because of a bloody mistake of my part *facepalm*.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avira (Post 2863200)
....GAAAAAAAAAPPPPP what kind of name is that? Another name for the devil or some demon? I think it is.:confused:

Correct

Midnight Bliss 2010-01-11 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 2863220)
My votes[B]:

And Yukarin sounds always sexy :3

oh my god, right?! 8D her voice is just so awesome for Bernkastel, her and Marina Inoue(Jessica VA) are my favorite voice actors in the series<3

White Manju Bun 2010-01-11 16:22

Ronove - Hello there sexy voice! Seriously Tomokazu Sugita does butlers so well....and he's a riot XD

Sakutarou - he's adorable as a stuffed animal or a kid, plus the ears....THE EARS!!!

Weird looking at some of the names, Umineko and Katekyo Hitman Reborn have alot of the same names, Mammon, Bel, Leviathan

~Pyro~ 2010-01-11 17:33

My favorites are Ronove and Bernkastel.
Ronove is just plain badass and he seems to be more powerful than any of the witches. He always seems to know the answer and has an epic laugh.
Bernkastel always seemed like a nice person, so I never really liked her. But after seeing how cruel she can be, it just makes her more epic...

Marion 2010-01-11 18:19

Beatrice - No questions asked. She's definietly a major favorite, mostly because of the anime to be honest.

Ronove - His jabs at both Battler and Beato always bring a good feeling.

Gaap - One of the more...unique magical characters. While we had friends of Beatrice's that were more intelligent and calm (Virgilia) and more jabbing and sinister (Ronove) we have Gaap, who brings a very good mix of the two together.

Leviathan - total lesbian I don't think the anime did her right, but I still love her whiny attitude nonetheless.

Belphegor - A true bro stake. Taking the bullet for a moron like Evatrice was a truly heroic thing to do.

Siesta 45 - My favorite Siesta. Bumbling and apologetic and just generally fun.

Antera Caramichael 2010-01-11 19:27

Aaaah great dilemma!
I hesitated between Eva-Beatrice, which reach the higher level of crazyness but not too much (unlike two other characters :().
She represent the pure witch side, the one who use magic for her personnal benefit, but still keep such a class. Furthermore, her seiyuu, though different from what I thought, was just perfect!

But finally, I choosed Virgilia. For me, she represents the motherly, calm, good witch. But it don't prevent her from being powerfull and having experience which she use in order to create perfect plans (North Wind and Sun). The fact that she gave up her title support this vision: She is observing from outside, not carring anymore about her, entirely devoted to the others. She is a character important both for Beatrice and Battler, and I think I can say without a doubt that she is a pillar of the turn of the events.
It is this neutral status, which is benefic for all sides, that makes me love her... and she has the best lines in Ep5, the ones which makes me almost cry :'(.
For me, she is the best character of the entire serie.

I also thought about Bernkastel... but it's no good, the recent events definetly made me throw her out of my poll >:( It is too bad, because in Ep1-4, she was my favorite, but I don't like her anymore. Come back Frederika!!!!

Concerning the furniture, I love Satan. She is not the most remarcable, but I like this, because i feel like she always try to pull attention on her, and like her description says, even if she is incarnation of Wrath, she is also very shy :)
But I confessed that her design is just so MOE!

Archon_Wing 2010-01-11 19:31

BEATRIOCHHHHEEEEEE!!!!!!

Honestly, people saying Beatrice's name was probably why I stuck with this anime. Her legends and the flair she has in the villain role make her a totally awesome antagonist. The hints that she is more than just a crazed supernatural killer makes her an all around character. The fact that everything seems to be against her makes her sympathetic.

Of course, her voice acting is great. CONGRULATIONS and ITS PERFECTO are things I'll remember about this anime. Umineko is nothing without the one and only Beato.

I also voted for all the stakes, because they really are that awesome. Besides the fanservicey outfits, they manage to have their own distinct personalities, making me wonder why the "villains" seem to have more development.

Ronove is just a class act for a demon.

I would have voted for Bernkastel because she looks great and reminds me of a certain character from Higurashi. However, she seems to be a total bitch and even though she probably has been through a lot, I can't help but hate her guts especially with what happened with Ange.

StainGlass 2010-01-11 20:23

I'm sorry I was terrible and voted for a whole 8 magical characters. My votes went towards:

Beatrice, of course. Mostly her villain side.

Eva-Beatrice for being a childish psychopath.

Lambdadelta
Idiotic and scary with an overload of cute bows.

Mammon
My favourite stake from the VN.
Greedy and quarrelsome, I liked the grudge she had against Ange and her loyalty towards the end.

Belphegor
Hard working and reasonable, yet devious to turn others lazy.

Lucifer
She represents pride very well, but I feel bad for how much she gets bullied, pride does come before a fall :heh:

Leviathan
I like both her anime and VN versions despite their differences.

Beelzebub
I had to throw her in my votes as well.

SilverSyko 2010-01-11 20:31

Beatrice. No contest.

First of all, because she's the first witch to appear in the series and the second main protagonist next to Battler.

While all the witches' appearances are against the cliche, Beatrice particularily stands out for me because she has the perfect personality to match her role as a witch. She's cruel, but the right amount of cruel. She's not one to toy around with the dead and plans her murders with much thought and uniqueness, which earns many respect points from me.

Another reason is because, just like Battler, she can be very wacky while in a playful mood. If you didn't realize by now I love this quality in a character.

This may be a little weird to say but I also find her very gorgeous, which contrasts with her personality excellently.

Nontype 2010-01-11 20:46

Also, Gaap and Ronove are 2 of the 72 demons mentioned in the Goetia, a real-life book of demon summoning (that doesn't actually do anything)

CainSonozaki 2010-01-11 20:58

I will say so far Ange is my favorite witch but she cant really count my faves are

Eva-Beatrice- If i was a witch (or in my case sorceror) i could see myself easily be like her.

Ronove- Mostly cuz hes almost exactly the same as Sebastian michaels, personality, race, even job wise (I honestly wouldnt know who would win if they fought each other, let alone who to go for)

I like all the stakes, butmy favorite is Belphegor (she always stuck out to me for some reason in the anime) followed by Mammon

I actually really liek almost all of the witches side except the siestas (they really turned me off at first cuz they were so over powered and they were introduced right when i was like FUXX YEAH HUMAN SIDES FIGHTING BACK. and then they came in and there was no hope for the humans anymore. it got better in ep 4 but just barely enough to redeem them). I do love 410 from the anime Nihihi~

snsninja 2010-01-11 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight Bliss (Post 2863225)
oh my god, right?! 8D her voice is just so awesome for Bernkastel, her and Marina Inoue(Jessica VA) are my favorite voice actors in the series<3

I agree with this XD

My favorites are Beato, Bernkastel, Mammon, Beelzebub, Ronove, and Virgilia. (oh and Sakutaro! I can't believe I almost forgot him! lol)