AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 (Japan) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=119994)

RJ TAYLER 2013-07-29 10:02

A "Touma" and an Index in, seems to be appropriate.

Nice to see some familiar names filling the brackets as well Hiamani are looking "ok', though not looking that well for the Nagi S - the Kugyama faction leader. Good to see Nodoka back to top form also, wonder if she will play "Warwick the Kingmaker in this years Game of Moe Enthonings". Good first-up results on the chunni front Rika topping the charts shows some strong support, this is sadly cannot be said for the Nahona faction and Combat Butler Group this year.

btw the cardbord delivery should be arriving in time for the main draw at least that's what I hear. So look out for your order to arrive soon, in the meantime avail yourself of last year's stock if you have any left.

uis 2013-07-29 11:57

Spoiler for Preliminary 1-7 picks:

Moe is still serious business. "My chest is maybe flat as a board, but my dreams are puffed bigger than a hot air balloon!". I prepare some high grade cardboard if Azusa don't win this.

iamadooddood 2013-07-29 12:16

I didn't realise Nozoki Ana got an anime.

Not that it mattered; it being just an OVA means the characters aren't going to get much votes. Moving on...

KanbeKotori 2013-07-29 12:24

Spoiler for Preliminary Round 1 Group 7 votes:

I hope Azusa, Mashiro, Mihoko and Sawaya can make it to top 14 :/

Guys, there's no voting for today so I'm wondering will the code I just got it(0600h JST) be valid for tomorrow or will I have to take another code?

ion475 2013-07-29 17:37

Top 4 are as expected, except Kyoko is surely looking for a revenge of last year. Mokkan is up there but not quite Nodoka level, yet.

On the other side, Tenri gets no love while it's sad that Kanna, being the best girl in TM, didn't get the love. Both should easily make it in 2nd prelim (Margin b/t them and the rest of the pack...), though.

With that, I'm 8-2-0. Having strong girls means I don't get to throw a vote to some unknown.

Although today is a break day due to server maintenance, I'll post my vote (or pick) early. This group is actually okay strong...

On the other hand, some of my choice I'm fully prepared to get burned.

<<富樫樟葉@中二病でも恋がしたい!>> (Togashi Kuzuha@Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!)
<<古谷向日葵@ゆるゆり♪♪>> (Furutani Himawari@Yuruyuri♪♪)
<<小豆梓@変態王子と笑わない猫。>> (Azuki Azusa@Hentai Ouji to Wararanai Neko.)
<<朝霧史織@たまこまーけっと>> (Asagiri Shiori@Tamako Market)
<<御坂美琴@とある科学の超電磁砲S>> (Misaka Mikoto@Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S)
<<鈴原泉水子@RDG レッドデータガール>> (Suzuhara Izumiko@RDG - Red Data Girl)
<<そど子(園みどり子)@ガールズ&パンツァー>> (Sodoko (Sono Midoriko)@Girls & Panzer)
<<椎名ましろ@さくら荘のペットな彼女>> (Shiina Mashiro@Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)
<<阿良々木火憐@猫物語(黒)>> (Araragi Karen@Nekomonogatari (Kuro))
<<瀬川泉@ハヤテのごとく! シリーズ>> (Segawa Izumi@Hayate no Gotoku! series)

Left Captain and Chiaki off...pretty sure it'll come back and haunt me.

Quote:

Nice to see some familiar names filling the brackets as well Hiamani are looking "ok', though not looking that well for the Nagi S - the Kugyama faction leader. Good to see Nodoka back to top form also, wonder if she will play "Warwick the Kingmaker in this years Game of Moe Enthonings". Good first-up results on the chunni front Rika topping the charts shows some strong support, this is sadly cannot be said for the Nahona faction and Combat Butler Group this year.
If anything, last year was Kugyu's year (The "Big 4" are all eligible with two of them rounding out the 6 Saki girls in QF...not to mention the other 4 (Aria, Rotte, Tacos, Iori). This year only 3 of those 8 remains, and her most "moe" character is not eligible...(Hastur if you don't know who I'm talking about)

RJ TAYLER 2013-07-29 17:58

Yes, for her it is sadly a case of following 'The Lord Mayor's Show" this year. I think it will be very much an 'out' year with a weaker performance overall.

Team Rocket Elite 2013-07-29 18:20

5-3-2

Spoiler for Preliminary 1-6 Results:

My Top 10 for Preliminary 1-7:
Spoiler for Preliminary 1-7:

Bakaizer 2013-07-30 01:39

Imai NObume, who got a little screen time in gintama, impressive

KanbeKotori 2013-07-30 04:19

So anyone knows if the code I got at 0600h JST is valid for tomorrow?

If invalid, I don't know why will they dispense code if it's not a voting day -_-

Subayai 2013-07-30 12:54

@KanbeKotori, you will have to take a new code today. Codes are only valid for the same day they are generated. Sorry but that's how it is.

Now, for Group 7, I see something exciting already happening. Apparently, Azusa has taken the lead followed by Nanoha and Minami Haruka. And there's some gap between them and the rest of the crowd. If this is confirmed at the end of the match, and considering this group has the likes of Biri-biri and Captain, I find this development interesting.

Anyway,
Spoiler for votes for P1-G7:

KanbeKotori 2013-07-30 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subayai (Post 4776277)
@KanbeKotori, you will have to take a new code today. Codes are only valid for the same day they are generated. Sorry but that's how it is.

Okay thanks.

Spoiler for Preliminary Round 1 Group 7 votes:

I hope Azusa, Mashiro, Mihoko and Sawaya can make it to top 14 :/

Well, I know I posted this before but will post again since I forgot the voting was today :/

timbits 2013-07-30 23:28

I'm not really sure why we had a break after group 6 even though the schedule says break after group 8 but whatever. TOSHINO KYOUKO pulls through, what a nice surprise. Tenri and Chizuru not getting in breaks my heart, but it was to be expected.

Today we have an incredibly weak group with no strong characters. Yay. (no Mikoto isn't strong, it was tactical voting and you all know it)

Spoiler for Prelims 1-7 Picks:

Wow I didn't even have 10 characters I want for vote for. Yawn.

KanbeKotori 2013-07-31 01:59

Anyone knows what happened to livedoor? It's still on maintenance -_____-"

EDIT: Weird thing happened. My Firefox says livedoor is in maintenance while chrome can access the page just fine. Anyone knows why?

EDIT 2: Nvm, figured the reason. My Nightly was storing an out dated cookie so I did a hard refresh and the problem is solved.

chaosprophet 2013-07-31 09:09

Results for Prelims 1 - Group 7
Spoiler for P1G7 Results:

KanbeKotori 2013-07-31 09:35

Expected that Azuki Azusa topped the group.
Mihoko also did not bad in staying at top 5
No surprise for Mashiro and Mikoto.

A pity that Takanashi Sora and Fuwa Aika didn't manage to get to the main round.

Spoiler for Preliminary Round 1 Group 8 votes:

ion475 2013-07-31 18:12

6-3-1 this round. Only surprise part is the fact that Izumi sneaked in, and the amount Azuki Azusa won by.

Biribiri is decent, but no fake or foreign votes (Dunno about the 2nd part) = nowhere as dominant. The white devil is still a force to be reckoned with, Captain held her strength, while we still have yet to see GuP being a force (But then, their "top gun" had yet to appear).

For next group, MadoMagi v. Saki, part 1.

<<桂ヒナギク@ハヤテのごとく! シリーズ>> (Katsura Hinagiku@Hayate no Gotoku! series)
<<暁美ほむら@劇場版 魔法少女まどか☆マギカ[前編]始まりの物語/[後編]永遠の物語>> (Akemi Homura@Movie Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica)
<<佐倉杏子@劇場版 魔法少女まどか☆マギカ[前編]始まりの物語/[後編]永遠の物語>> (Sakura Kyoko@Movie Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica)
<<丹生谷森夏@中二病でも恋がしたい!>> (Nibutani Shinka@Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!)
<<片岡優希@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>> (Kataoka Yuuki@Saki: Achiga-hen episode of side-A)
<<邪神かがみ@ささみさん@がんばらない>> (Yagami Kagami@Sasami-san@Ganbaranai)
<<姫小路秋子@お兄ちゃんだけど愛さえあれば関係ないよねっ>> (Himenokouji Akiko@Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne!)
<<角谷杏@ガールズ&パンツァー>> (Kadotani Anzu@Girls und Panzer)
<<四ノ宮霞@GJ部>> (Shinomiya Kasumi@GJ-bu)
<<フレンダ=セイヴェルン@とある科学の超電磁砲S>> (Frenda Seivelun@Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S)

Team Rocket Elite 2013-07-31 19:37

5-3-2

Spoiler for Preliminary 1-7 Results:

My Top 10 for Preliminary 1-8:
Spoiler for Preliminary 1-8:

Eisdrache 2013-07-31 20:58

G8 has Eclair, Wendy, Hina, Mio, Homura and Leticia (you all should watch Mondaiji btw) so this group is pretty nice for me.

Ithekro 2013-07-31 21:24

So the White Devil has returned.

timbits 2013-07-31 23:45

So I think that's the first time this year that fakes have had a noticeable impact.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ithekro (Post 4777660)
So the White Devil has returned.

I don't think it was as spectacular return as some were hoping for. 2nd in a weak prelim group isn't that great. On another note, Kyaputen being 4th is probably an indicator that Sakimoe probably won't happen this year. I hope.

As for today...Oh boy here comes the return of Madoka. Kyouko and Homura obviously take 1st and 2nd, but Shinka's doing pretty well for herself. I did predict her as the hidden ace of Chuu2, so once we're in the main rounds we can see how that'll go.

As for picks, here are mine:

Spoiler for Prelims 1-8 Picks:

Oh boy I didn't realize it's Hina day! Even though I actually kind of like her in series I love watching her lose and suffer way more. Is 2013 her year?