AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Playback Help (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Most common issues solved here (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=4904)

ElvenPath 2004-01-15 13:48

Most common issues solved here

I just regrouped the most common issues found here. Hope it helps :)

Important: codec packs are evil, try avoiding packs like K++ or Nimo.

I = Issue
S = Solution

I: How do i play a XviD video?

S: Install what's suggested at level 1 of the Media Configuration Guide.

I: I just downloaded a video and it's playing weird. I only get a mess of warping, bleeding colors and some blockiness.

I: I just downloaded a video and the only thing i get is sound when playing it.

I: I used to be able to watch any anime properly like it wouldn't lag or be very choppy. Now when I watch anything it lags like crazy, and the audio is just unbearable to hear, like its just so chopped up into pieces, and it skips a lot.

S: Uninstall all your current codecs or codec packs and install what's suggested at level 1 of the Media Configuration Guide.

I: How do i play .mkv (matroska) files?

S: Install what's suggested at level 6 of the Media Configuration Guide.

I: How do i install a DLL or AX file?

S: Read the end of the Media Configuration Guide.

Flash_Squirrel 2004-01-15 14:11

Sticked
Good luck with this project. ^^

I will remove this post of mine if you need more space.

Mononoke_Hime 2004-01-22 17:02

Thank You!!!!!! i'm so glad you posted this! Arigotou!

kuru 2004-02-27 12:31

Don't want to be rude, but this thread doesn't add a single bit of information to the Media Configuration Guide. All it says is "look at the Media Configuration Guide".

WintryWishes 2004-03-15 20:24

I: I just downloaded a video and the only thing i get is sound when playing it.

I did what you said, but I still cannot view the video. Do you save the application or open it?

jzsuprarock 2004-03-19 16:09

hey i got a problem, i just downloaded the Hunter X Hunter Final GI and i'm able to view it no problem, but i'm not getting any sound

Obakemono 2004-03-24 13:43

My issue is similar to the
"I: I used to be able to watch any anime properly like it wouldn't lag or be very choppy. Now when I watch anything it lags like crazy, and the audio is just unbearable to hear, like its just so chopped up into pieces, and it skips a lot.

S: Uninstall all your current codecs or codec packs and install what's suggested at level 1 of the Media Configuration Guide."

But, it's only one episode of FMA that's lagging like crazy, and only the video, not the sound.
And how do you uninstall all codecs?

Edit: Ok, I uninstalled all my Klite codecs, and now only the sound is coming...
Edit2: Ok, now I installed the VLC mediaplayer, and it works now :) Too bad it's such an innoying program...

Yujinbito 2004-03-26 00:22

I don't know if this is common or not, but I figured there was no point in starting a new thread for it if it might fit in here.

My question is simply that I'm downloading a batch of 10 episodes. The first episode in the batch was completely downloaded and I wanted to watch it. At first it wouldn't let me because the file was still being shared. OK. But then I stopped the download and tried to watch the file again and it still gave me errors (tried taking the file into a different folder, but same problem). Is it in the nature of batches that even if one episode is 'fully downloaded' you cannot watch it until the whole batch is done, or is it a problem with the individual episode? (the batch is ANBU & AonE Naruto 51-60 just in case that means something). Thank you to anyone who can help.

warnold 2004-03-26 11:40

What makes you think the first episode was finished?
Note that Bittorrent doesn't download things in order, it just grabs random segments in no particular order. Some clients (azureus for one) can show the progress on a file-by-file basis, watching that, one rarely gets a finished file before the entire batch is close to being finished (for large files anyway)

--
-billy-

Yujinbito 2004-03-27 03:10

Well, there's a help topic kicking around in the Suki message boards that says that if you need, say, episodes 4 and 5 of a series but they're only available in a batch and you already have episode 1-3 that you can stop the batch download, delete the 'files' for 1-3 and then paste your completed 1-3 into the folder, at which point it will continue downloading as though those episodes were already finished. So I assumed that it just downloaded in order. Also, I thought that it might, like you say, download randomly and so I checked the file sizes. The file that I wanted to watch was around 175 megs - which seems standard for one episode. The next episode in the folder was around 65 megs and all the rest were 0. Since the batch was around 14 or 15% done, it made sense to me that the first episode in the batch was already finished and the second one was a little less than halfway and the rest had not been started yet. All evidence seemed to indicate that it downloaded in order, but perhaps it was just a big coincidence.

warnold 2004-03-29 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yujinbito
Well, there's a help topic kicking around in the Suki message boards that says that if you need, say, episodes 4 and 5 of a series but they're only available in a batch and you already have episode 1-3 that you can stop the batch download, delete the 'files' for 1-3 and then paste your completed 1-3 into the folder, at which point it will continue downloading as though those episodes were already finished.

That also works if it's episodes 1,3,5. Or any other combination...
Quote:

So I assumed that it just downloaded in order. Also, I thought that it might, like you say, download randomly and so I checked the file sizes.
Depending on which client you have you can see different things when checking sizes. Some clients will start by creating all the files at full size, so they can just place the data they get in the correct place immediatly. Others will grow the file whenever there's a new piece beyond the end. Others will just put the blocks in the files as a holding place, and them move them to the correct place as convenient.
Quote:

The file that I wanted to watch was around 175 megs - which seems standard for one episode. The next episode in the folder was around 65 megs and all the rest were 0. Since the batch was around 14 or 15% done, it made sense to me that the first episode in the batch was already finished and the second one was a little less than halfway and the rest had not been started yet. All evidence seemed to indicate that it downloaded in order, but perhaps it was just a big coincidence.
You probably have the third type of client, so not only was the file not finished, it had random pieces of the other files in the batch stuck in the middle of it.

--
-billy-

jessicaangulo 2004-03-30 21:11

I: i just DL One Piece movie 4. the pictures are good as well as the sub-titles, but theres no sound what do i do?

Edgewalker 2004-04-09 22:25

I found a pretty good player for slow computers . actually , its pretty good all around :)

Bsplayer

This player solved my problems with kodocha and chrono trig .

WTF123 2004-04-11 23:45

Uhm... my problem is similar to the "When I play the file, all I hear is sound..." thing, only partial amounts of the anime is visible and the rest are green still frames of the beginning of the file. Are there any quick solutions to this?

Edgewalker 2004-04-18 23:19

no , there is no solution to this . The aliens have detected that you have stolen their secret autopsy video and have deleted its video through a hack .

</:P>

lol . jus joking around idotically .
But you should dl the codek pack at level 1

narudiction 2004-06-24 23:41

:help: ok guys i downloaded area88 and the second episod started lagging on me i dont know wuzzup i tried 2 read some problem sloving forums here and there but im lost could some one break it down for me and tell me how 2 fix this plz greatly appreciate any help :sad:

_Sin_ 2004-07-06 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by narudiction
:help: ok guys i downloaded area88 and the second episod started lagging on me i dont know wuzzup i tried 2 read some problem sloving forums here and there but im lost could some one break it down for me and tell me how 2 fix this plz greatly appreciate any help :sad:

I hope I'm not too late with the answer since I don't check the "Most common issues solved here" thread as regularly as I should. Oh, well, here is the answer anyway:

You got a codec problem. To solve that, uninstall all the codecs you might have installed already and install ffdshow. Does that solve the problem?

Token-Blackguy 2004-08-04 20:16

im getting a very strange problem wth my files too. They dont have sound! most of it is the anime i burned to disk right after i got it. But some of them jus dont have sound! I tried using different players but the problem persisted.

narudiction 2004-08-18 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Sin_
I hope I'm not too late with the answer since I don't check the "Most common issues solved here" thread as regularly as I should. Oh, well, here is the answer anyway:

You got a codec problem. To solve that, uninstall all the codecs you might have installed already and install ffdshow. Does that solve the problem?

thanks that worked perfect :)

sukaru11221 2004-09-22 02:52

hi

Hi, I'm completely new to the forums here, but not forums in general... ok here's my prob:

I downloaded Ragnarok Animation 1-5, right? I got through it fine, blah blah blah, but when I play it, it won't let me, it tells me "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The file is either corrupt or the Player does not support the format you are trying to play." I know the file isn't corrupted because I have cox and such, and there doesn't appear to be any damage whatsoever. And when I try to search online for "extensions" it doesn't help at all. Anyhow, I'm using Windows Media Player, anyone know how to help? ^^;;