AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Haruhi Suzumiya (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   SOS Voice Actor Discussion and Appreciation (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=31042)

NoSanninWa 2006-04-13 17:10

SOS Voice Actor Discussion and Appreciation

It seems that the voice actors for this show have done a lot of great work and garnered many fans who wish to show their appreciation and discuss them and about the way the voice-over works.

I have to admit that looking through the list of Seiyu at ANN certainly reveals a lot of respect-worthy talent. Just as a warm up, here are the two main seiyu. I'm sure that there are many others that people would like to discuss.

Aya Hirano as Haruhi Suzumiya
Spoiler for Aya Hirano:

Tomokazu Sugita as Kyon
Spoiler for Tomokazu Sugita:

Kaoru Chujo 2006-04-13 18:06

Add to the list the seiyuus for Mikuru (Gotou Yuuko) and Yuki (Chihara Minori).

The wonderful and hilarious Gotou-san was Nanami in Lamune and Kaede in Shuffle, is the tiny princess Rein in Fushigiboshi no Futagohime, and has been in numerous ero-games. I am fascinated by the pictures of her drinking in the photos section of her website, and the fact that she says there she likes drinking, motorcycles and watching fighting sports. That always seemed quite a contrast to the roles she plays.

Chihara-san is a comparatively new voice, most recently having done the difficult voice of Erika (a foreigner) in the underrated (IMO) Lemon Angel Project. Minorin debuted in 2004 as Natsume Aya in Tenjo Tenge. Her blog, Minorhythm, is good enough to have been published recently in book form. There's a day-in-the-life feature on her in the May issue of Seiyuu Grand Prix magazine. She sings well, too, as do Gotou-san and Hirano-san. Last Sunday, she gave a one-woman performance -- just her and her guitar -- in Akihabara (pics in her blog).

Here is a picture of the three women on a recent photo shoot for Voice Newtype. (l-r) Gotou Yuuko, Hirano Aya, Chihara Minori. Hirano-san is 18, Chihara-san is 25, and Gotou-san doesn't tell her age, but she's probably around 30 (according to a detailed investigation on 2channel, lol):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...zuharuvas1.jpg

Spoiler for full credits lists for Gotou Yuuko and Chihara Minori:

DannoHung 2006-04-13 18:58

Gotou's ears mesmerize me...

They're kind of like stabilizer winglets on a Lear jet.

Shiroth 2006-04-13 19:03

I'll have to admit that Tomokazu Sugita really does make the show a hell of a lot better for me. A lot of people are just gonna see him as Rin from Shuffle!, but his voice just adds so much more to the character.. god i love Kyon.

Pakxenon 2006-04-13 19:11

Hmmm... I never knew that before, that Tomokazu did Nova from Bleach (wow wtf lol) and the guy from Chobits (saw first episode, male lead was clearly whimpy). Yes, all I knew was that he did Rin for SHUFFLE!.

Vexx 2006-04-13 19:19

Gotou is just an escaped wood elf .... so cute.

Whatever I think about the Shuffle! character Rin ... his VA, Sugita, is really mesmerizing to listen to. In Shuffle's first 10 episodes (deh phunny), his dialog delivery when sparring with Itsuki or the Kings was hilarious. He's bringing that dry wit style to Kyon and its beautiful.

Shiroth 2006-04-13 19:29

Daisuke Ono has been my fav' VA, ever since his work as Yukito in Air - and from what i seen from him as Itsuki in episode 01.. i hope that we'll get more of him.. everything about Itsuki reminds me of Yukito.. must be the hair. ^^;

Radiosity 2006-04-13 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelsama
I'll have to admit that Tomokazu Sugita really does make the show a hell of a lot better for me. A lot of people are just gonna see him as Rin from Shuffle!, but his voice just adds so much more to the character.. god i love Kyon.

+1 He does indeed rock. He had a brilliant role in Paniponi as well of course as the captain's sarcastic second officer (or whatever his rank was supposed to be). Just something about his voice really brings out whatever character he plays.

Shiroth 2006-04-13 19:55

Yeah, he's good as the green alien in PPD - mainly for his slow/soft voice used in that show.

Riker 2006-04-13 22:13

Tomokazu Sugita does indeed bring his character, Kyon, to life. But I'm most impressed with Gotou Yuuko.
OMG TeH Squeal~ Ahhhhhhh~~~ *Melts*

And don't think she can only do cutesy roles, her voice can be scary too. (à la Shuffle episode 19) ;)

Shiroth 2006-04-13 22:18

Gotou stole my heart in Lamune, though her role in Haruhi is pretty special.

sophismata 2006-04-13 22:58

Very happy with Tomokazu Sugita as Kyon myself; it's nigh-on perfect. Just wanted to voice that; the nuances (the way, for example, he speeds over aliens, timetravelers, espers, etc in subsequent mentions), cynical, and bored tone really serve to make the character.

Angelsama, you say you love Kyon... prove it! Convert to Haruhiism and adopt Kyon as an avatar!

Shiroth 2006-04-13 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophismata
Angelsama, you say you love Kyon... prove it! Convert to Haruhiism and adopt Kyon as an avatar!

Sorry, but i don't need to change my avatar just to prove how much i love a character.

sophismata 2006-04-13 23:02

Quote:

Sorry, but i don't need to change my avatar just to prove how much i love a character.

Oh, but you do.

melange 2006-04-13 23:19

Quote:

Then why do you even have Saber-chan as your avatar if not to prove you love her? :D

monir 2006-04-14 00:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Spoiler for saving space by monir:

Spoiler for full credits lists for Gotou Yuuko and Chihara Minori:

I have a request for Kaoru Choujo which might be a bit unusual. I read your post whenever I see one with your name on it, so I couldn't help but notice that you appreciate seiyuus and that you like to mention you appreciation for the seiyuus in your sig and avy which, for some reason, doesn't extend further than the female voices. I was wondering if you could make an exception and pay homage to Tomokazu Sugita who is a male. :D After Shuffle, Honey & Clover, and now this, I say he is worthy of the honor of being mentioned by you and have momentary recognition by your sig + aviator. He is worth the attention and I'm sure you know it as well.:D

sophismata 2006-04-14 01:26

An additional question; who does the voice for Shamisen? That's also done very well.

Maids! Maids! Maids! 2006-04-14 01:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by melange
Then why do you even have Saber-chan as your avatar if not to prove you love her? :D

I think she's his king. Heck, I wish she was my king.

Shirobane 2006-04-14 01:46

Quote:

Mindyou I still haven't changed my sig to a more haruhiistic sig :p Partially because KiNa did a bang up job on it, but mostly because Saber-chan is almost as kickass as Haruhi :D

Ah well, maybe I'll throw a small "S.O.S. member" bug on it whenever I'm not so busy...

On Topic:
I don't think Haruhii would be Haruhii without the voice of Hirano-san, it just fits so perfectly. KyoAni definately casted the every voice actors/actresses in the show masterfully.

Shiroth 2006-04-14 08:01

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids!
I think she's his king. Heck, I wish she was my king.

Yeah.. she's my king & my number one love. ^^