AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L+CR) Nagi no Asukara (Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=114320)

leokiko 2012-08-24 16:13

Aquarion EVOL was a lot of fun actually.

zeniselv 2012-08-24 18:15

that depends on tastes, because this could be the cheesiest series ive ever seen, also i consider buriki desgns some of the bests or well his art style, but PA dont do a good job on translating original character designs to anime designs.

AdamEndless9 2012-09-26 05:01

New key visuals out with the cast:
http://blog-imgs-51.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/KZels.jpg

Cast:
Natsuki Hanae - Hikari Sakishima
Kana Hanazawa -Manaka Mukaido

Really nice character designs by Buriki.

Pocari_Sweat 2012-09-26 05:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeniselv (Post 4319035)
that depends on tastes, because this could be the cheesiest series ive ever seen, also i consider buriki desgns some of the bests or well his art style, but PA dont do a good job on translating original character designs to anime designs.

PA did a wonderful job of translating Kishida Mel designs into anime. Drastically better than A-1's - see Sora no Woto for example.

In regards to the promo art, not bad. The characters look really young though, unless that's the intention. And kids + beachside? I sense setinmental drama. Perhaps melodrama. Actually it's very likely considering it's Mari Okada that's writing. Hopefully there won't be any fantasy or sci-fi hijinks because frankly Okada is rather bad those genres. Then again I prefer not another "Anohana"...

Gosh... I'm picky as hell :heh:. Must be because it's PA :p.

And because Tari Tari was amazing.

totoum 2012-09-26 05:44

Still wondering,what does the title "Nagi no Asu Kara" mean?

I dig the design,and the characters indeed look young.
Looks like the sea is gonna play a big part,not saying that just because of the backround but also because the color blue is all over the place (look at those eyes!)

Can always go with more Hanakana so that's a plus and it'll be interesting to see how Hanae handles what seems like a different type of character from Wein

Also that's the first time I see PA works put a male in it's first key visual :heh:

MisaoFan 2012-09-26 06:22

I liked those designs (especially those navy outfits) : Given the visuals and its setting, I'm expecting it to be a romantic drama dealing with philosophy, along with a bit of supernatural. Or it's going to be like Yosuga no Sora without much indecency and lack of incest.

Patriot's Blade 2012-09-26 06:28

i'm here for the Burki-style sexy lips ladies in P.A. format :D, oh Okada is here, in b4 the male portagonist becomes the next drag queen that has the Ackbar powers who's surppasses a certain hot-blooded dude from the Gravion series....... :uhoh::heh:

Marcus H. 2012-09-26 08:00

凪のあすから means From the Calm Sea's Future, I think.

Utsuro no Hako 2012-09-26 09:55

I like that the uniforms are actually original even with the nautical look -- I don't recall ever seeing a one-piece girl's uniform before, nor a guy's sailor suit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 4369397)
Also that's the first time I see PA works put a male in it's first key visual :heh:

I'm pretty sure the first key visual for Another featured Misaki and Sakakibara.

totoum 2012-09-26 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako (Post 4369621)
I like that the uniforms are actually original even with the nautical look -- I don't recall ever seeing a one-piece girl's uniform before, nor a guy's sailor suit. .

Are those really school uniforms?I figured they might be "casual" clothes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako (Post 4369621)
I'm pretty sure the first key visual for Another featured Misaki and Sakakibara.

It just had misaki

Also from ANN

Quote:

Hanazawa will play Manaka Mukaido, a middle school girl who is indecisive and prone to crying. Hanae will play Hikari Sakishima, Manaka's caring childhood friend
Not sure if my body is ready :uhoh:

ahelo 2012-09-26 10:36

NOW THAT'S WHAT YOU CALL AN EYE CATCHER. Seriously, the promo art just made me excited for this.

Sumeragi 2012-09-26 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat (Post 4318163)
Damn. We have a character designer who's known for perv. Denpa Onna and Haganai. Didn't like the character designs for both so I'm pretty sure this is not going to change my opinion. But then again it's...

You lost any credibility with me with this statement :uhoh:

Pocari_Sweat 2012-09-26 10:58

Quote:

Hanazawa will play Manaka Mukaido, a middle school girl who is indecisive and prone to crying. Hanae will play Hikari Sakishima, Manaka's caring childhood friend
:heh:

Was to be expected with the melodrama queen on board.

Archon_Wing 2012-09-26 11:36

Oy, someone making this has a tear fetish. Especially for genuine, true ones. Or written to be as such.

Sounds like lulz, maybe.

Pocari_Sweat 2012-09-26 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archon_Wing (Post 4369738)
Oy, someone making this has a tear fetish. Especially for genuine, true ones. Or written to be as such.

Sounds like lulz, maybe.

Maybe I'll enjoy this if I watch it from the perspective I did for the 2nd half of Anohana - unintentional lols at the exaggerated dramorz :p

But seriously... why PA? :(

EroKing 2012-09-26 11:50

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat (Post 4369695)
:heh:

Was to be expected with the melodrama queen on board.

Why Kana-chan? T_T And here I had such an amazing time with her characters such as Kuroneko, Hyuuga Mahiru and Sakura Ichiko.

Utsuro no Hako 2012-09-26 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 4369636)
Are those really school uniforms?I figured they might be "casual" clothes

From the waist up they're standard sailor fuku designs with identical color schemes and similar collars (especially if you look at them from behind). I don't see how two outfits that look so much alike could be casual clothes.

Huh, I thought the red sky image was the first image released.

Guardian Enzo 2012-09-26 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 4369397)

They wanted to show him in guy's clothes in the key visual as a misdirection, since he'll be in drag for the anime.

Arya 2012-09-26 12:47

mmm, it seems interesting. I'm curious to see what will happen to that poor male :heh: Are we sure that he is actually a boy? I mean, it is unclear looking at that picture.

But I don't like the chara design, as always it would be better if they reduced those over-sized eyes in the anime (not really counting on it :p).

Haak 2012-09-26 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 4369789)
They wanted to show him in guy's clothes in the key visual as a misdirection, since he'll be in drag for the anime.

And voiced by Yuki Kaiji :p :joke:

Well I'm not getting my hopes too high but it looks like Mari Okada is back to do serious shit again. Which is the only thing she ought to be doing.