AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Pumpkin Scissors (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Pumpkin Scissors Episode 10 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=39694)

Catgirls 2006-12-02 20:36

Pumpkin Scissors Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Pumpkin Scissors, Episode 10!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use clearly marked Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:

Sonhex 2006-12-04 15:27

Spoiler for ep10 screens:

Young Alice and her pigtails :love:

Cyz 2006-12-04 15:33

Oh! So there will be tanks on this episode?

Sonhex 2006-12-04 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyz (Post 758536)
Oh! So there will be tanks on this episode?

Apparently so. Based on the site blurb...

Spoiler:

Cyz 2006-12-05 10:49

Screenshots courtesy of Random Curiosity.
Spoiler:

Mentar 2006-12-07 09:51

Except for the horrible animation, this episode wasn't half bad ;) ... and it kinda completes the introduction.

The next episode looks original either, but there's one very good piece of news: Dr. Colt reappears! So, we may slowly get back on track with the main storyline!

Deathkillz 2006-12-07 13:34

ooh so thats the truth behind the title "pumpkin scissors"...but soo much for the tanks >.< only got 10 secs of screen time before getting trashed :heh:
average ep imo...7/10 same as last time...i really hope next ep will be more entertaining

Sorrow-K 2006-12-07 22:23

Could Alice be any more stupid? Really. I couldn't think of a worse way to handle that situation with the Major's arrest.

Ok, not the worst episode ever, and certainly an improvement over the inane filler we got in the last few, but I wouldn't say this ep was that great either. And the inconsistent animation didn't help either. There were a few scenes shot in angles that made Alice's head look disproportionally small compared with the rest of her body. It seems to be a pattern with Gonzo in recent times: most of their series look gorgeous but they slip in episodes every now and then that look really bad, as if they're saving their budget.

Onizuka-GTO 2006-12-07 23:18

so...we finally understand what Pumpkin scissor Section III is.
Everyone thinks its a section removed far from the convention chain of command, to put away troublemakers.
But this very aspect allows it to be a very effective Anti-Corruption unit, with military disciplintary assignments,the closest similiar military section would be the Military Police.

War Relief just happens to be one of the side-affects of the job.

great. :D

ApathyEcstasy 2006-12-08 02:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO (Post 762291)
so...we finally understand what Pumpkin scissor Section III is.
Everyone thinks its a section removed far from the convention chain of command, to put away troublemakers.
But this very aspect allows it to be a very effective Anti-Corruption unit, with military disciplintary assignments,the closest similiar military section would be the Military Police.

War Relief just happens to be one of the side-affects of the job.

great. :D

i wouldn't mind seeing them focus more on eliminating the corrupt

Guido 2006-12-08 18:41

Pumpkin and Scissors

Agreed. Even for filler standards the animation was at the peak of its lameness. They should had invested some budget for decent animation shots to capture how cute Alice was back then wearing pig-tails.:heh:

Anyways, I see that this episode was a conscentious improvement from the previous batch of fillers lately.

The flashback previous to the birth of Pumpkin Scissors was virtually centered on Machs. When beer and frustration gets the better of him at the same time he sure becomes quite a hell of a cranky.

Machs have like anyone else this illusions that could do better and make big achievements for the sake of society once in the military. But the higher-ups are the group that hold the power, influence, status, money, and nobility to command as they see fit to their interest.
The low-rankers have no chance against the high-tier, protected by the murky layer of corruption to support their authority.

Actually, the real changes come from the small leaps at the very bottom.

Even if like everybody else commented on the stupidity of Alice's reckless actions to barge right into Ranke's den, Section III made his own asset to make their existence known.
Alice who is the daughter of the Malvin family, which is one of the twelve noble clan that hold tremendous influence throughout the Empire.

The name's self-explanatory for the obvious reasons that the higher-ups abuse their authorities and make use of bureaucracy to conceal their one-sided, greedy actions.
Cut to each layer, and as the next layer is thicker than the last one, until you have unfold the core. That is Pumpkin Scissors.

Sonhex 2006-12-09 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guido (Post 763244)
The flashback previous to the birth of Pumpkin Scissors was virtually centered on Machs. When beer and frustration gets the better of him at the same time he sure becomes quite a hell of a cranky.

I was surprised too that Machs played such a big role in Section III origins, but it elaborates on his rampant curiosity (or suspicions) seen previously in ep 4. This ep was an improvement over the recent spate of stand-alones and was pretty enjoyable overall. Shame the tank only had a 10 second cameo though; blink and you'll miss it. Alice in pigtails was cute, but just as scary while Stekkin pretty much carried this episode in Alice's absence. Orland fails for asking if Machs survived. :eyespin:

Ep 11 looks to be quite plotworthy, especially if Colt is back and we shed more light on the Door Knocker and the Invisible 9.

Sinestra 2006-12-09 18:07

Another boring ass episode if you ask me. The only thing we got out of it was the history of the PS and how Alice came up with name. There was nothing that advanced the story at all. The only thing i found amusing was the fact that Alices sisters locked her in her room for taking on a tank

Zu Ra 2006-12-14 09:53

I quite enjoyed the Episode yes it lacks the intensity of earlier ones but it was good . Alice's sisters are hilarious they are even Boss-ier versions of Alice

Alice's Sisters = Perfect Antidrug to Alice's Recklessness

Pigtails was so Kwaii . Alice is one more kwaii example of a Tsundere I think she beats Kaname ( FMP ) in Tsundere-ness

Lost 2006-12-15 05:38

Sigh. I have a weakness for chokers. Elice-san... [/drool]

Well, this was a respectable episode. At least, I felt myself being drawn in and caring about the outcome; for a change. Much more room for refinements tho.

/edit

You know, with what Stekkin said about Oreld's complaint; that S. III was getting increasingly harder missions, it could be likely that that was a hint to be taken seriously. I suppose its possible the Kauplan (sp?) institute could be.. testing them.

(and I believe Mach's "Ugh?!!!" should really have been "Uguu." I was half expecting it.)

ECFNW 2007-01-25 22:22

I enjoyed this episode. So there really is such a thing as a pumpkin scissors?

Hunter Nin. 2007-04-16 12:47

Not a bad episode. Seeing the origins was great and the story was decent too but the episode itself wasn't executed as well as it could have been. The transition to the initial flashback didn't really seem like a flashback at all which was quite confusing and the initial part of the episode with the tank was very poor and completely irrelevant. Much better than the mountains episode though.