AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Mahouka [LN/M] (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei LN - Archived Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=109655)

AlaAlba 2012-01-15 07:34

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei LN - Archived Discussion

This discussion thread is intended for "Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei" Light Novel series only! Remember to use Spoiler Tags when appropriate.

About:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baka-Tsuki
Makouka Koukou no Rettousei (魔法科高校の劣等生), literally "The Poor Performing Student of a Magic High School", and also known officially as "The Irregular At Magic High School", is a Japanese light novel series written by Satou Tsutomu (佐島勤), with illustrations by Ishida Kana (石田可奈), published by ASCII Media Works under their Dengeki Bunko label. The novel began as a web novel serialization in "Let's Become a Novelist" on October 12, 2008. It then became the second web novel after "Sword Art Online", to be commercialized and published by Dengeki in July 2011.

Synopsis:
Quote:

Magic.
Is a product of neither legends nor fairy tales, but instead has become a technology of reality since a time unknown to people.
Supernatural power became a technology systematized through magic, while magic became a technical skill. A "Supernatural Power User" became a "Magic Technician".
Magic Technicians (in short, Magicians) are nurtured through Magic High Schools and Universities.
This is a story about:
A defective elder brother low achiever.
A perfect, flawless younger sister high achiever.
After both siblings entered a Magic High School,
The stage of daily turbulence was unveiled ---.

Novel Cover Illustrations:(thanks to Belgaesh)

Other Interesting Facts:
Quote:

As of July 2011, the web novel has received over 30 million page views.
As of December 2011, the web novel has received over 50 million page views.
The web novel, including the Gaiden (side stories), have been taken down at the end of 2011.
The Dengeki published volumes were edited, supplemented with more text on some occasions, and overall improved over the web versions.
The web novel consisted of only 6 web chapters written covering the First Year arc, and the author has already planned for a total of 15 web chapters to cover the entire three years of Magic High School. As of August 2011, web chapter 1 has been been compiled into volumes 1 and 2, and as of December 2011, web chapter 2 has been compiled into volumes 3 and 4. The author expects the series to be compiled into a total of 20 to 25 volumes (ie. if Dengeki allows him to finish the series) [SOURCE: Author's tweet on 6-Nov-2011, #dengeki_mahouka]
Volume 5 will be a special chapter that has never been released on the web.
This series debuted in "This Light Novel is Amazing 2012" rankings at the rank of 29.
Volumes 1 and 2, published in July and August 2011 respectively, made it into the top 50 sales ranking on Oricon for the year 2011 (to be precise, from 22-Nov-2010 to 20-Nov-2011), at the ranks of 36 (99,047) and 42 (88,743) respectively.

dengeki page here

Belgaesh 2012-01-15 09:01

Here are the covers from volume 01 to 04.

I really like the art of the series, it's gorgeous.

AlaAlba 2012-01-15 10:19

Ishida Kana apparently draws illustrations for several magazines like Newtype, so people here would likely be familiar with her drawings

another pics
I really like the uniforms, esp girls' :p not a sailor fuku but it looks really nice.

surerman 2012-01-15 10:47

still not translated....:D

larethian 2012-01-15 11:02

Besides me, I know Suiri Megami Alice, Allen, and n0m@n also follow the series. But if they start talking about stuff beyond volume 2 without spoiler tags, I'd have to avoid the thread.

AlaAlba 2012-01-15 11:24

oh that's nice! come discuss it here then people!

and add me to that list larethian :p also I'll use spoiler tags :D

Hell_ping 2012-01-15 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by surerman (Post 3950066)
still not translated....:D

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...u_no_Rettousei

Courtesy of Lare. And he thinks that it'll be the next big thing. (As for me, give it 2 years down the road)

addiC 2012-01-15 11:38

someone spoil me on how exactly badass the mc is xD

AlaAlba 2012-01-15 12:28

larethian already mentioned how badass he is on manga thread :p

blitz1/2 2012-01-15 12:38

wincest is very sweet indeed. Or is twincest? I forgot if the siblings were twins.

Athena 2012-01-15 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitz1/2 (Post 3950221)
wincest is very sweet indeed. Or is twincest? I forgot if the siblings were twins.

I think one is older by 11 months, if I remember...

Marulash 2012-01-15 14:49

Reading what's translated so far, it seems pretty interesting. Hopefully some more people pick it up and translate it. To those who are currently working on it, thank you!

for3ver 2012-01-15 18:17

would kill for a translator for this series ^^

any1 offering...

i'll do a clean job ^^

Undertaker 2012-01-15 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlaAlba (Post 3949846)
Okay I made the light novel discussion thread,

魔法科高校の優等生, published by Dengeki Bunko, already released until volume 4 while volume 5 will be released in about April.
http://i.imgur.com/lfY3W.jpg
dengeki page here

Looks interesting, what is the relation to the similarly names title, 魔法科高校の劣等生?

AlaAlba 2012-01-15 22:03

aah sorry I put that wrong :p (too much ctrl + c is not good I guess xD)
the title for this thread should be 魔法科高校の劣等生, fixed it.

and also, 魔法科高校の優等生(mahouka koukou no yuutousei) is a spin off manga that will out start this year(still don't know when) on Dengeki Daiou magazine with Miyuki, the sister as its main character.
http://i.imgur.com/QVXvE.jpg

surerman 2012-01-15 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by for3ver (Post 3950672)
would kill for a translator for this series ^^

any1 offering...

i'll do a clean job ^^

Try to take over my job are U?:eyebrow: but fine by me hehehehe :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teh_Ping (Post 3950133)
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...u_no_Rettousei

Courtesy of Lare. And he thinks that it'll be the next big thing. (As for me, give it 2 years down the road)

and here you are...still thinking that Viper (my subordinate) have wrong taste when she told me that you are a 'good looking' Singaporean guy? :D She has good eyes for men I see hehehehehe :D

Thank You, for your kindness to put this series into already-packed-schedule of yours in Baka-Tsuki project
aww don't see me like that, even Killers have manner too you know? :D

*bow down to Ping-Bro and Larethian - Kenshin Style*

Undertaker 2012-01-16 07:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlaAlba (Post 3950984)
aah sorry I put that wrong :p (too much ctrl + c is not good I guess xD)
the title for this thread should be 魔法科高校の劣等生, fixed it.

and also, 魔法科高校の優等生(mahouka koukou no yuutousei) is a spin off manga that will out start this year(still don't know when) on Dengeki Daiou magazine with Miyuki, the sister as its main character.
http://i.imgur.com/QVXvE.jpg

gotcha, I'll check it out.

surerman 2012-01-16 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertaker (Post 3951600)
gotcha, I'll check it out.

you're not alone...
Warlock radar already detected huge input in Google search engine with this series name or protagonist name as keywords since 15 days ago:D
mostly from China ISP address :D

hmm...look like anime version wont be a long achieved dream hahahaha:D
----------------------------------------------

err...there's two volume right?, why I can't find any 1 who share the 2nd?:confused:

Undertaker 2012-01-16 11:29

China ISP, that means the translators there are probably already working on it.

The official release might still be a while consider Taiwan and Hong Kong usually don't act until there are 5-7 books and then they play catch up.

AlaAlba 2012-01-16 11:59

^ do the chinese also have their own version of bakatsuki then?
or do you mean it's the legal release?

Quote:

Originally Posted by surerman (Post 3951864)
err...there's two volume right?, why I can't find any 1 who share the 2nd?:confused:

2 volumes? :twitch:
novel has 4 vols
manga only 1 chapter
and the spin off still 0 I think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by addiC (Post 3950145)
someone spoil me on how exactly badass the mc is xD

would like to add something on that. Tatsuya is just like Layfon minus the emo useless part :D I dropped that novel because my emo meter couldn't hold any longer and emo-layfon is keep getting further and further off the main conflict, he is now not the mc isn't he, leerin is. :p

maybe not layfon as I thinking again about it, cause Layfon is really weak xD