AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece - Chapter 803 [manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=138860)

marvelB 2015-10-07 00:17

One Piece - Chapter 803 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Spoiler's here! Credit goes to AP's Aohige for the summary:

-Chapter title is "Climbing the Elephant". Splash page features Franky.

-Luffy and co. spot the Thousand Sunny near Zou! Luffy shouts for the rest of his crew, but upon boarding the ship, they find that it's empty. Therefore, it's decided to go search for them on the island. As much as Bart wishes to accompany them, he decides to leave as he doesn't want to get in the way of his idols. As they leave, he asks for autographs from the rest of the crew (lol). Afterwards, Kanjurou makes a badly drawn dragon which they'll use to climb up to Zou, and everyone hops on.

-Meanwhile, we shift focus to the island of Vertigo.... aka the HQ of the revolutionaries. Dragon gets reports of successful uprisings throughout the world, which is a result of Doflamingo's downfall. Nonetheless, he tells his men to not let the victories go to their heads. Koala also reports that the weapons seized at Dressrosa are made with special minerals known as "sake-iron" (or booze-iron), and they should be able to use said mineral to trace the weapons to their makers. Dragon then asks about Robin, and when asked about Luffy, tells Koala that he heard enough about him from Sabo. He then orders her to gather the revolutionary leaders from around the world, which surprises the woman, as she considers them to be a "unique" bunch.

-We then shift focus to the Blackbeard Pirates! Specifically, two of his officers: Shiryuu (2nd ship captain) and Lafitte (5th captain). They get a report from Burgess, who was knocked out since his fight with Sabo. He says that he managed to stow away on a ship, and is at an unknown island that's "all white". He tells them to share this info with Teach (now known as "fleet admiral" (not the same as the marine type, though), as they can obtain a ton of weapons if they invade this place. He also requests Doc Q's presence. When the two captains probe him further as to his location, Burgess says he doesn't know, but they can use his vivre card to locate him. However, what he DOES know is that both Dragon and Sabo are at the island. In other words, Burgess has managed to infiltrate the revolutionary HQ...!!!!

-Meanwhile, at another island called "Carai Bari", at a town called "Buggy Town", we learn that Buggy, the other new warlord, has a mercenary business. Furthermore, it's booming thanks to Dofla's downfall. However, he gets some troubling news from Mohji that Hajrudin's group of giants have quit the company. Buggy is enraged as the giants were his most profitable men. He further probes Mohji as to why they left, though he's reluctant to explain....

-We finally shift focus back to Zou. Kanjurou's dragon is getting exhausted (Robin finds that dragon cute, BTW), while everyone else has a chat. Luffy asks the two samurai what business they have at Zou, and while Kinemon does want to explain everything in gratitude for their help, he wants to have peace of mind first. Kanjurou then follows up, saying that they need to ensure the safety of Momo, as well as their other comrade.... a ninja named Raizou! All of the guys in the group are instantly excited when they hear about the ninja (yes, even Zoro and Law!), but Robin is left out. She then suddenly spots something falling towards them from the top of the elephant, and Luffy wonders just what the heck that thing is....!?

Once again, an info-filled chapter!

ranchan13 2015-10-07 00:22

14 pages
Chapter felt so short

marvelB 2015-10-07 00:37

Wow, I love Buggy's new base! It's like a total carnival town! But then again, can any less be expected from the future Pirate God? ;) Also, lol at how fat both Mohji and Richie have gotten! :heh:

Anyways.... a potential rebel HQ invasion from Blackbeard, eh? Well, I'd definitely say that the entire crew gathering there together would make for a huge threat, compared to just Burgess by himself (who already lost to Sabo.... both in and outside of the tournament). Well, it'll be interesting to see who was the tenth captain that joined Teach, at least. And of course, I'm looking forward to those revolutionary leaders.....

And hey, finally ninjas in One Piece! But I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Raizou were just as goofy as the two samurai, heh. :p

Gintokifan22 2015-10-07 03:26

Wow, early chapter? Sweet! Guess we've got a Holiday in Japan next week eh? Break time, guess I don't mind, Oda's been pretty generous with that stuff lately :p

So, we get kind of a reaction from around the world, I was hoping we'd see a reaction from Shanks too as this is a pretty big thing, oh well hopefully later.

I wish Oda didn't off Panal these important parts in the series, I want to see what happens with Burgess and Dragon, if that quack thinks he has a chance against any of those people and Dragon of all people good luck buddie it's been nice knowing yah :rolleyes:

Funny how even Law's excited to see these Guy's, I'd expect that from Zoro but Law :confused:

Wonder what happened to the B team of Sunny? None of them were on the ship, hopefully they didn't get caught. That's all Sanji needs, a rescue arc. His reputation with the fan base has already dropped, why you hating so much on Sanji Oda?

Over all, good chapter. Nice that it's out early.

Ultragunner 2015-10-07 03:53

wait
Spoiler for chap 803:

watisit 2015-10-07 04:30

I find it hard to believe nobody in the RA noticed their stowaway

Dengar 2015-10-07 04:31

So, it seems that Buggy has not been slacking off. He's been busy making his own business.

I didn't even know Hajrudin worked for him. That's gonna sting to learn he's defected to the Straw Hats.

LevelSeven 2015-10-07 04:45

LOL, robin likes the dragon XD

the chapter was good, lots of foreshadowing, maybe we will see CP9 again :)

Kanon 2015-10-07 06:14

Robin finding the dragon cute was funny. Weird taste as usual.

I didn't expect a clash between the revolutionaries and the Blackbeard pirates to occur so soon. Given that the leaders of the revolutionaries are gathering, I'd say the BB pirates haven't chosen the best time to attack. I'm not too worried about Dragon and friends at the moment, especially not after Burgess' poor performance in the last arc.

dragon1412 2015-10-07 06:26

Wa, anyone noticed Law face when ninja is mentioned at the last page, seem like Luffy had complete his infection

Wandering Soul 2015-10-07 06:51

Robin finding that Dragon cute was funny.

Wasn't expecting a fight between the Blackbeard pirates and Revolutionaries so soon. I'm not too worried about the revolutionaries though considering most of their leaders are going to joining them there soon.

Slayerx 2015-10-07 07:49

Buggy has a good scheme going. A mercenary company is the perfect way for him to capitalize on his ability to attract followers while at the same time avoid putting himself in a situation where he could expose how weak he actually is. Oh but what will Buggy do when he finds out that Luffy is the reason he just lost his all stars.

And i do love Robin's little quirk of loving cute things

And ya, i also find it rather unbelievable that Sabo and his team coould have missed the fact that Burgess stowed aboard. I mean the guy isn't exactly easy to miss

game2007 2015-10-07 08:17

Just a reminder that the official spelling, at least in Japan, is Shiliew, not Shiryu/Shiryuu.

noktown 2015-10-07 09:05

Well would be nice if Blackbeard was taken out so quickly, but unfortunately he won't be because he is a major plot device.

I really hope the Revolutionaries won't be taking a major hit, we need to see Luffy meet his Dad anyway.

khoa1708 2015-10-07 09:09

i just hope oda make the revolutionaries strong and not be like some fodders

Slayerx 2015-10-07 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoa1708 (Post 5671519)
i just hope oda make the revolutionaries strong and not be like some fodders

Doubt they'll be fodderized. I mean heck Sabo pretty much beat burgress with little real effort, and the revolutionaries just so happen to be gathering their leaders and Ivankov was no slouch either. If Sabo is any indication, Blackbeard is in for a heck of a fight. Though one dangerous wildcard would be Kuzan

itachi-san314 2015-10-07 11:23

Well that answers my issue about Sabo being too strong in the RA. There are going to be a bunch of probably stronger characters there soon.

So we have BlackBeard vs RA and Buggy vs StrawHats to look forward to? That couldn't sound better to me. I doubt the BBs or the RA will go down though. It will probably be broken up by an Admiral or Shanks or a third party like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 5671224)
And hey, finally ninjas in One Piece! But I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Raizou were just as goofy as the two samurai, heh. :p

I can't decide if I want the ninja to wear an orange outfit or not :D

marvelB 2015-10-07 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by game2007 (Post 5671486)
Just a reminder that the official spelling, at least in Japan, is Shiliew, not Shiryu/Shiryuu.

Oh, I'm well aware. I just prefer Shiryuu to the "official" spelling, is all (and I think even the Viz translation keeps his name as "Shiryu", if memory serves me right). It's not the first time I stuck with the alternative spelling either.... I still use "Eneru" over "Enel", for instance. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slayerx (Post 5671589)
If Sabo is any indication, Blackbeard is in for a heck of a fight. Though one dangerous wildcard would be Kuzan

Well sure, Aokiji would most certainly be a danger to be wary of, but personally I think the biggest threat would come from Blackbeard himself. I mean, I think there should be little doubt that he became a lot stronger over two years' time, and having two (and possibly more) DF abilities in his possession, well.... I'd definitely say that the RA wouldn't come out of this battle unscathed. Plus, even if Burgess lost to Sabo, that doesn't necessarily mean that any of the other BB captains (Teach and Kuzan aside) could have become powerful enough to take him on....

Edit: BTW, I don't see Buggy going to war against Luffy. If anything, he might also propose an alliance with him. Of course, he'd have to say that Luffy is part of his mercenary group lest he wants his warlord title revoked....

Talendra 2015-10-07 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by itachi-san314 (Post 5671603)
So we have BlackBeard vs RA and Buggy vs StrawHats to look forward to? That couldn't sound better to me.

I don't really see Strawhats vs Buggy (doubt it will happen in the first place) to be anything more than some casual comedy. Buggy is so angry that the Giants left his company because they were amongst his most powerful underlings, and if Hajrudin is anything to go by, then Buggy's top tier fighters - while being no pushovers for sure - aren't able to pose a serious threat to the Strawhats.

On another note, does anyone have a good speculation regarding what that mysterious new ore is?

Gilly 2015-10-07 12:47

So what will Blackbeard do? Save a subordinate who's a big failure, or sell his Vivre Card along with Baltigo's location to the Marines and watch his enemies fight each other?