AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   favorite interracial/cultural/ethnic couples in anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=33409)

stelok 2006-06-21 09:32

favorite interracial couples

Who are your favorite interracial couples?

Mine are:

Ichirou Ohgami (Japanese) and Maria Tachibana (half-Russian, half-Japanese)[Sakura Wars]
Ichirou Ohgami (Japanese) and Leni Milchstrasse (German) [Sakura Wars]
Shirou Emiya (Japanese) and Saber (British) [Fate/Stay Night]
Ichirou Ohgami (Japanese) and Iris Chateaubriand (French) [Sakura Wars]
Shin Kudou (Japanese) and Mao Nome (South Pacific Islander) [Macross Zero]
Kaoru Hanabishi (Japanese) and Tina Foster (white American) [Ai Yori Aoshi]
Ichirou Ohgami (Japanese) and Glycine Bleumer (French) [Sakura Wars]
Ichirou Ohgami (Japanese) and Orihime Soletta (half-Italian, half-Japanese) [Sakura Wars]
Jean (French) and Nadia (Indian) [Secret of Blue Water]
Shinji Ikari (Japanese) and Asuka Langley Soryu (part-German, part-Japanese) [Neon Genesis Evangelion]
Char Aznable (white) and Lalah (Indian) [Mobile Suit Gundam]

I would not list Li Syaoran and Sakura Kinomoto because Chinese and Japanese belong to the same race but different cultures, therefore, Syaoran and Sakura would be an intercultural or interethnic couple.

stelok 2006-06-21 09:40

favorite interracial/cultural/ethnic couples in anime

I am posting a separate thread about intercultural couples because it is different from interracial couples. For example, if a Frenchman marries an Englishwoman they would be an intercultural couple, rather than an interracial couple, since basically they are both whites.

My favorite intercultural couple is Li Syaoran (Chinese) and Sakura Kinomoto (Japanese) from Cardcaptor Sakura

Chinese and Japanese are both Asians, so they belong to the same race but different cultures.

Secondary faves:
Ichirou Ohgami (Japanese) and Coquelicot (Vietnamese)

TnAdct1 2006-06-21 12:10

For favorite interracial couple, I probably have to go with Negi Springfield (Welsh) and Nodoka Miyazaki (Japanese) from Negima. Those two are so cute together. :love:

orion 2006-06-21 12:31

Actually, I liked Ogami (Japanese) and Erica Fontaine (French). She doesn't have to become a nun you know.

NightbatŪ 2006-06-22 13:29

Deunan Knute and Briareos Hecatonchires - Appleseed

Talk about "Interracial" :D

Kaoru Chujo 2006-06-22 14:28

What about Lafiel (Abh) and Jinto (human, honorary Abh)? The difference in life-span always gives me a pang.

BigPrime 2006-06-22 16:58

Roy & Claudia in Macross. Most realistic, non-soap-opera-y couple in the show.

ImClueless 2006-06-22 18:29

I second Lafiel and Jinto combination. One is a natural blue haired space human with a third eye and twice the normal life span. The other is a regular Joe. Also, stelok do you happen to be a major Sakura Wars fan? :heh:

kira_lacusXX 2006-06-22 21:57

im not sure about this but

haruhi [japanese] and tamaki [half french i think?] from Ouran Host Club
and
sakura [japanese] and syaoran [chinese] from CCS as mentioned before

and lastly dont know if this even counts but Athrun and Cagalli [Coordinator and Natural (Plants & Orb)]...=/