AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Lucky Star (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Lucky Star - Episode 05 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=47055)

Vexx 2007-05-13 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo (Post 935048)
I've updated my page with pics of the seiyuus to include Konata's cousin the policewoman Yui's seiyuu.

And I liked the episode, but as I said, I thought the timing might have been a little too smoothed out for my taste -- that is it may have seemed weird because it was less weird. Or perhaps it's my imagination.

And again, its quite amusing how much the voice actors look like their animated roles --- sorry, but usually the VA looks nothing like their onscreen persona and this is just coincidently nifty. They could pull off a live-action theatre play :)

X207 2007-05-13 23:06

loved akira's response to confusing MMO terms "well only half of the audience will get it anyway"

ReinhartX 2007-05-15 06:49

couldnt stop laughing when konata went about the " FOUND A LAEVA SWORD! " part and her party went rofl

felix 2007-05-15 07:20

Favorite episode so far..
Quote:

Originally Posted by Risaa (Post 942311)
I'm finding that my favorite parts of the show are when Kagamiya does the "iyaiyaiya" and her hand rapidly moves back and forth... :heh:

And her face goes all WTF. xD Kakoii~
----------------------------------------------
BTW, what does PPKing mean?!.. me n00b :3

nadare 2007-05-15 07:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cats (Post 947158)
Favorite episode so far..

And her face goes all WTF. xD Kakoii~
----------------------------------------------
BTW, what does PPKing mean?!.. me n00b :3

PPK or simply PK means Player Killing.

MMORPG term for killing players on training grounds in order to piss him/her off. But, I dont think PK term is used in PVP(player versus player) grounds.

felix 2007-05-15 08:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadare (Post 947162)
MMORPG term for killing players on training grounds in order to piss him/her off.

In other words, cheating xP
------------------------------------------------------------
That's defently the Akira-sama we know and love =)

nadare 2007-05-15 08:06

No no. it's not cheating, it's a feature. But, it can be abused. It discourages a.f.k levelings which I did during Granado Espada Closed beta xD. I got PKed 3 times that way, although it was more like Player abusing the dueling mode which I cannot refused when I am away.

Vexx 2007-05-15 11:37

Hmmmm, just compared the a.f.k. sub to the EnA sub -- episode 5.

For my personal tastes, the a.f.k. actually edges out the EnA sub, mostly because the EnA sub failed to translate some needed screen text (like the romantic status descriptions of Nanako and Yui) - leaving that joke just hanging in "????" land. The rest of the dialog was a bit mixed with me preferring the EnA version at times and the a.f.k. version at other points.
Neglecting to translate the onscreen text really should constitute a v2 release. Kind of an oopsie after doing so well with eps 1-4....

kenjiharima 2007-05-15 12:36

finally saw this on subs. I gave it a 9 since it's still did'nt gave me the proper FAN SERVICE I always wanted. Now I miss my old RAGNAROK ONLINE days... :(

dkellis 2007-05-16 04:42

Finally got around to watching it.

Absolutely hilarious. All the MMOG references... I've been Konata a few times.

"Just one more mission... just that bit more XP... ooh, rare drop! Need to celebrate this with my friends!"

Mizuno 2007-05-18 09:02

rofl @ dbz op song (konata remix) :heh: