AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=94812)

Nerroth 2010-06-24 00:18

Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)

The GT series has come a long way...

But it's finally gonna take the series where it belongs - to the Top Gear test track!

And with some other stuff in there, too.

k//eternal 2010-06-24 00:46

You mean PS3, right?

Nerroth 2010-06-24 00:53

I do.

Sorry, force of habit...

plmko 2010-06-24 07:50

800+ cars, superb graphics and physics, track editor and...oh did I mention Go Karts?

If you like racing this is the only game you'll need for the next half decade.

kk2extreme 2010-06-24 12:18

need a 3d tv and a wheel now :(, but im too poor atm

Bonta Kun 2010-11-16 23:59

Gotta bump this!

The game is almost upon us! FINALLY!

Anyone getting this?

I actually really wonder if I should get this as before I spent way way too much time playing this game.
When I got the games when they came out I spent the whole night playing it cause I just couldn't put it down>_<

Ryonea 2010-11-17 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 3349624)
Gotta bump this!

The game is almost upon us! FINALLY!

Anyone getting this?

I actually really wonder if I should get this as before I spent way way too much time playing this game.
When I got the games when they came out I spent the whole night playing it cause I just couldn't put it down>_<

I'll get it for sure :D I'm not good at racing games, but I love cars. Maybe this game will be a good game to practice. I only played GT and GT2 since I never have a PS2 :p

Well, about your habit... I know that very well XD Sometimes I'm like that too.

germanturkey 2010-11-17 01:11

i want to buy it, but i know i won't be able to put in the time it deserves. i got 70+% completion of GT3 before my memory card was erased.

just watch ps3 sales skyrocket after this game. everyone in europe will buy it twice, not to mention the people in the states who will buy it once :p

MrTerrorist 2010-11-24 02:05

Prepare for Nerdgasm.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ti...turismo/707738

Btw, if your a Top Gear fan, the show's test track is in the game including...... The Stig!

Ryonea 2010-11-24 02:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTerrorist (Post 3359953)
Prepare for Nerdgasm.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ti...turismo/707738

Btw, if your a Top Gear fan, the show's test track is in the game including...... The Stig!

The Stig with the VW Bus, lol :D
Anybody got the game yet? :)

Hooves 2010-11-24 02:46

I'm positive I saw some commercials for this while I was browsing around, but nonetheless I have always liked the Gran Turismo games, so 5 will defiantly be on my list ;)

MrTerrorist 2010-11-25 01:45

Looks like EA & Codemasters are dissing GT5

Ryonea 2010-11-25 06:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTerrorist (Post 3361610)

Lol.
But I think it's true that GT5 somehow doesn't live to the 5-years-development expectations. Just saw the reviews in wikipedia.

And it seems the game has some problems as well.

Hope it'll be fixed soon.

Olivia_688 2010-12-03 15:19

sweeeeeeet game!

ddwkc 2010-12-03 16:38

The game is indeed disappoint, but at the same time GT5 is one of the best of the genre and worthy of every penny you spend on it.

Edge Meltdown 2010-12-04 04:04

anyone here would like to trade in their AE86 trueno (preferrably the Initial D color scheme) for anything equal valued?

Revelation 2011-10-12 23:31

Does anyone else still play this? (I can't believe it's almost been a year, the game has come a long way with all the updates).

Spec ll was recently released for free as an update with all the standard cars having a "simplified" cockpit view, and if you sign in right now before this week ends, you get a free X1 prototype since Sebastian Vettel won the F1.

Ryonea 2011-10-12 23:36

I'm still playing since the game came out :p

Got the X2010 and also cleared the Suzuka time trial event, although only got silver.
I was going to update the game last night and I left it to sleep. Should've taken 7 hours to finish (my net's very slow), but unfortunately it failed at about 90% T_T

Can't wait to try the cockpit view for the standard cars... and also I could finally finish the endurance races since now we could save in the middle of the races. :D

Revelation 2011-10-12 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryonea (Post 3804996)
Got the X2010 and also cleared the Suzuka time trial event, although only got silver.
I was going to update the game last night and I left it to sleep. Should've taken 7 hours to finish (my net's very slow), but unfortunately it failed at about 90% T_T

Can't wait to try the cockpit view for the standard cars... and also I could finally finish the endurance races since now we could save in the middle of the races. :D

Ah, that sucks. I hate when updates take forever. I had to redo mine two times from power outages, but it was worth it. I'm slightly impressed by the update, although I wish a little more detail was added to certain cars instead of a silhouette. The best experience for me in the update were the convertibles, since everything was already rendered inside of the car, they only needed to slap a camera in there. :heh:

They also added and updated more nascars... they're neat, but I wish they added some other cars besides the same one with just a different paint.

I never had the patience nor skill to complete those X1 trials. I only have 2 of the bronze. (curse you Monza!) but that little gift was pretty nice for someone who hasn't really got the chance to try it yet since I'm only level 33. I haven't had the chance to try the Suzuka trial either.

Ryonea 2011-10-13 04:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Dream (Post 3805019)
Ah, that sucks. I hate when updates take forever. I had to redo mine two times from power outages, but it was worth it. I'm slightly impressed by the update, although I wish a little more detail was added to certain cars instead of a silhouette. The best experience for me in the update were the convertibles, since everything was already rendered inside of the car, they only needed to slap a camera in there. :heh:

They also added and updated more nascars... they're neat, but I wish they added some other cars besides the same one with just a different paint.

I never had the patience nor skill to complete those X1 trials. I only have 2 of the bronze. (curse you Monza!) but that little gift was pretty nice for someone who hasn't really got the chance to try it yet since I'm only level 33. I haven't had the chance to try the Suzuka trial either.

Yeah. Speaking of power outages... My house just had one this afternoon. Lucky I didn't redownload the update :heh: gonna try again this midnight.

Ah yes, the convertibles. I also heard that the speedometer and other gauges works as well, instead of using the in-game gauges.

Yep, the DLC cars are also just another racing variants of existing cars. Although I like the new X2011, the CR-Z, and also Lancer Evo X.

Same here. The car's just too sensitive :heh: Never got any trophy in the challenge :D I haven't even completed the Formula GT events too. You might want to try the Suzuka time trial. It's a celebration event, so the time limit is lowered. And the prize money is 5 million if you get the gold. But then again, making money in this game isn't that difficult. The gift X2010 is Sebastian Vettel's color, although I prefer the standard color or the carbon one, but I need to complete the challenge for them :p