AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New Anime Trend? ("Female-oriented" shows) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=118509)

snowdog03 2013-03-24 18:53

New Anime Trend? ("Female-oriented" shows)

Why is there so much Female oriented Anime?.
It seems to have gone from almost all Male to Female:confused:.

NK_500 2013-03-24 18:59

Simple, the industry start to dig their pockets while most of the male ones are too busy on something else.

However I still glad some ecchi shows still able to have their place despite that increasingly popular trend.

mistress_kisara 2013-03-24 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowdog03 (Post 4604287)

Where!!?? There's like only 2-3 female oriented shows per season..

Kyuu 2013-03-24 19:28

Quote:

New? Where have you been during the past 20 years? :heh:

snowdog03 2013-03-24 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyuu (Post 4604328)
New? Where have you been during the past 20 years? :heh:

In the last 7-10 years there has been a dramatic swing to female oriented and ecchi anime.

Kirarakim 2013-03-24 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowdog03 (Post 4604347)
In the last 7-10 years there has been a dramatic swing to female oriented and ecchi anime.

What do you mean female oriented anime? Can you please clarify.

Do you mean anime aimed at a female audience because I certainly don't see this increase. :heh:

Or do you mean anime with all female casts?

Infinite Zenith 2013-03-24 20:46

Pretty sure it's the latter: casts where there are more females than males.

Ichihara Asako 2013-03-24 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn (Post 4604421)

That's not female oriented, then. These shows are quite clearly marketed toward boys/men. While some of them have had a broader appeal and had female fans (myself included) they are marketed almost entirely at a male audience, thus are male oriented.

Chaos2Frozen 2013-03-24 21:03

Yet another person who thinks Anime were only made of Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell type of shows twenty years ago.

And female oriented implies that its for girls :p

speedyexpress48 2013-03-25 01:41

I thought of "bishies" at first, and while they are making more of those than say 10 years ago, I don't really think it's noticable much.

Tho I think the "anime with all girls cast" explaination makes more sense...which only means that the thread starter probably hasn't watched all that much anime.

Traece 2013-03-25 05:09

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn (Post 4604421)

I definitely do see that. In response to the claim that this is done to "appease boys," I actually disagree. A lot of these anime with primarily female casting are Slice of Life.

What I would like to see, however, is great female main characters trending. I'd like to see that become a thing after watching Psycho-Pass, as Akane Tsunemori was absolutely fantastic. I've watched a couple episode of Shin Sekai Yori as well which also has a female main character, and she hasn't been bad thus far. I'd absolutely love to see a trend of well-written female main characters show up.

totoum 2013-03-25 05:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traece (Post 4604845)
In response to the claim that this is done to "appease boys," I actually disagree. A lot of these anime with primarily female casting are Slice of Life.

Not sure if I understood you correctly but a lot of SoL titles are targeted towards males.

Ridwan 2013-03-25 05:38

My taste is superior then yours.

MisaoFan 2013-03-25 05:41

Quote:

What does "female oriented" means to you ? Explain this stuff please to see if by "female oriented" you mean shows with one girl falling over several males (aka reverse harems) or just shows with a primary cast full of females ? If it's the latter, it doesn't really target the female audience in the first place then, and from what I see in your favorites, you're just a nostalgia-obssessed idiot who only watch shows like Cowboy Bebop and doesn't watch enough anime genres.

NoemiChan 2013-03-25 05:56

Most viewers are perverts..... It does not have to be ecchi to confirm it.....

Another thing... when a particular plot sells ( ex. ecchi, action, all girls), the other artists then to make a manga/LV ( where most anime are derived from) with close similarity to the original. As these kinds continue to sell.. it continues to spread.

Much of those anime that didn't change were those animated movies. Most TV series are affected by its viewers, the same way the viewers particular taste affects the anime industry....

I don't actually liking it... so only few actually worth to be stored to be shared...

Tempester 2013-03-25 06:09

Before making a proper reply, I, too would like to see Snowdog03 properly address the question of whether he is referring to actual female-targeted anime or just anime that have a lot of female characters. It's a bit premature to start outright making conclusions here.

NoemiChan 2013-03-25 06:12

Quote:

Actually, if you look at it.. it's pretty contradicting each other...

Chaos2Frozen 2013-03-25 06:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tempester (Post 4604889)
Before making a proper reply, I, too would like to see Snowdog03 properly address the question of whether he is referring to actual female-targeted anime or just anime that have a lot of female characters. It's a bit premature to start outright making conclusions here.

Lets be honest- When has the people who make these kinds of threads ever complain about too many shoujo series :p ?

snowdog03 2013-03-25 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4604869)
What does "female oriented" means to you ? Explain this stuff please to see if by "female oriented" you mean shows with one girl falling over several males (aka reverse harems) or just shows with a primary cast full of females ? If it's the latter, it doesn't really target the female audience in the first place then, and from what I see in your favorites, you're just a nostalgia-obssessed idiot who only watch shows like Cowboy Bebop and doesn't watch enough anime genres.

You haven't read this forums TOS obviously or you wouldn't go around calling others names.

SeijiSensei 2013-03-25 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traece (Post 4604845)
What I would like to see, however, is great female main characters trending.

There have always been a few shows like this though the best-known ones tend to have a fantasy setting. Twelve Kingdoms, Seirei no Moribito, Saiunkoku Monogatari, and Kemono no Sou-ja Erin all have compelling female leads. But you're right that these shows never have had enough audience appeal to create a trend. The past year has given us Chihayafuru and Lupin III/Mine Fujiko along with the shows you cite. Kamisama Hajimemashita had a strong heroine, but that was a shoujo romance rather than a drama. What seems to have fallen by the wayside are the josei shows with adult females that noitaminA was once known for like Hataraki Man or Nodame Cantabile. The last example I can think of is Kuragehime.