AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Tech Support (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Photoshop CS3 Issue. (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=121190)

Miko Miko 2013-08-01 06:40

Photoshop CS3 Issue.

Okay so Photoshop is deciding to die on me :(
The issue is I click File>New , the little pop-up appears, then I click okay and nothing happens.
I tried File>Open, and tried opening various file types. None of which work.

I've restarted my computer but that didn't help.

Any ideas how to fix it?

NorthernFallout 2013-08-02 04:00

I think I had this problem once before and the problem is related to an installed printer (as weird as it sounds.) Check through what printer you have as default and either put another printer (virtual or not) as your default, or remove it from the list (temporarily) to find out if that causes it.

Even if you don't have a printer, the virtual ones might be causing the same problems.

Miko Miko 2013-08-05 13:28

^ Could you tell me how to check that? :heh:

NorthernFallout 2013-08-05 15:19

Control Panel -> View Devices and Printers -> Right-Click some other printer and set that as default. Alternatively, remove your current default printer.

Assuming you're using W7.

Miko Miko 2013-08-08 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthernFallout (Post 4783155)
Control Panel -> View Devices and Printers -> Right-Click some other printer and set that as default. Alternatively, remove your current default printer.

Assuming you're using W7.

I'm using Vista.

NorthernFallout 2013-08-08 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miko Miko (Post 4786362)
I'm using Vista.

"Start, click Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, click Printers." Basically the same route, so it should work the same.

Miko Miko 2013-09-15 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthernFallout (Post 4786572)
"Start, click Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, click Printers." Basically the same route, so it should work the same.

I tried that, but it didn't work. :/

-KarumA- 2013-09-15 12:16

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling photoshop?

Hiroi Sekai 2013-09-15 14:00

I don't remember is CS3 had this option, but try holding the three modifier keys (CTRL+ALT+SHIFT) when booting up Photoshop. It might bring up the factory reset that could clear up whatever issue is causing the bug.

NightWish 2013-09-15 18:36

If papermario's suggestion doesn't work can you post a screen shot of the problem pop-up (dialogue box?) so we (I) can better understand what you are seeing.

sa547 2013-09-15 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miko Miko (Post 4777987)
The issue is I click File>New , the little pop-up appears, then I click okay and nothing happens.

Any ideas how to fix it?

If the problem persists, I remember that Adobe offers older versions (higher than CS3) that are free to download, and then there's Paint.net.

Miko Miko 2013-09-17 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWish (Post 4832988)
If papermario's suggestion doesn't work can you post a screen shot of the problem pop-up (dialogue box?) so we (I) can better understand what you are seeing.

There is no problem pop-up, I click file>open and then the dialogue box in which you set the dimensions of the canvas etc, then upon clicking 'okay' or whatever it says, it does nothing.

The dialogue box disappears as if it's opening but nothing appears after that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa547 (Post 4833097)
If the problem persists, I remember that Adobe offers older versions (higher than CS3) that are free to download, and then there's Paint.net.

Thanks. :)

Miko Miko 2013-09-25 05:44

Downloaded CS5 trial ver, my computer won't run any higher versions of PS.
Damn old piece of....!!!!

Needless to say that wouldn't open anything either. Probably just my piece of crap PC.

NightWish 2013-09-25 07:22

Reinstalling or installing later versions may import settings, if you have not tried resetting the preferences, you should. Press and hold CTRL, ALT, and SHIFT (at the same time) while starting PhotoShop. It should ask if you want to reset preferences. Say yes.

Edit: There is a post about common approaches to fixing weird behaviour, on the adobe forum.

Mouretsu 2013-10-06 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miko Miko (Post 4777987)

Any ideas how to fix it?

Why don't you move on to CS6 or CC? They're better in all categories, including performance.

Miko Miko 2013-10-07 01:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mouretsu (Post 4859801)
Why don't you move on to CS6 or CC? They're better in all categories, including performance.

I was intending to DL CS6 so I checked out the trial version, but my computer won't run it. It's not up to date enough apparently.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWish (Post 4845013)
Reinstalling or installing later versions may import settings, if you have not tried resetting the preferences, you should. Press and hold CTRL, ALT, and SHIFT (at the same time) while starting PhotoShop. It should ask if you want to reset preferences. Say yes.

Edit: There is a post about common approaches to fixing weird behaviour, on the adobe forum.

Thank you ~