AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Valkyria Chronicles (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 9 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=82160)

Skyfall 2009-05-30 07:45

Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 9 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Valkyria Chronicles, Episode 9.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

serenade_beta 2009-05-30 14:47

Spoiler for ep9:

Miraluka 2009-05-30 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 2426194)
Surprisingly interesting episode, considering the episode had absolutely no appearance for the protagonist's side.

I agree, this episode was for first time interesting since the show started ....
Alice stupid faces = lame
No protagonists(?) = good episode hahahaha (cold tone)

Tsuchiro 2009-05-30 18:17

hmm... another filler episode..

jeroz 2009-05-30 20:41

haven't watch the episode yet, is it true that they will skip the giant tank battle? I really hope not.

kalbron 2009-05-30 20:56

The chance for a battle with the Batomys has been and gone. Unless they bring it to another battle, you likely won't be seeing it again.

Runty 2009-05-30 22:43

A very interesting episode that highlights the Imperials. Lots of Selvaria material.
Spoiler for Episode 9:
Again, a great installment, but I'd need to see some subs later. They always enhance the experience.
Spoiler for Next episode:

ThoHell 2009-05-30 22:46

I'm rooting for both sides of the war... or maybe just certain fractions. Selvaria is hot or just plain awesome. Really like her character and hope they don't give her the short end of the stick. Selvaria and Max. are a good combo..... need a little more opening up on the emotional side and they would be awesome! OH, I didn't like the new guy. Guess it's just those types of character that are a no no for me.

GuidoHunter_Toki 2009-05-30 22:49

Great episode for Selvaria material. Nice to get more attention on the Imperials (it seemed long over due).

yezhanquan 2009-05-30 23:12

Looks like I can begin to expect a different ending from the game.

Shiroth 2009-05-31 03:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsuchiro (Post 2426507)

Like every other episode upto now, right? :rolleyes:

If people call character development filler, then why even bother with this show? Filler means having nothing to do with the actually plot of the story, that was not this episode.

Sylphic 2009-05-31 03:55

Wow that was an excellent Valkyria episode. My opinion of Selvaria has changed completely. It's a shame that her side is probably not going to beat Alicia's side, since Alicia is the main protagonist after all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsuchiro (Post 2426507)

On another note. Obvious troll is obvious.

yezhanquan 2009-05-31 03:56

It is better that they reveal more of Max now. Those of us who followed the game couldn't care less by the time this info came over there.

Ottocycle 2009-05-31 04:24

It's a great idea to expand on this universe using the anime. Good exposition of good characters is always awesome.

Needs more of the Valkyria sound effect though. And someone slacked off there with Selvaria's hair...big time.

Chrono Helix 2009-05-31 04:27

Spoiler:

Shiroth 2009-05-31 04:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrono Helix (Post 2427123)
Spoiler:

Not every Emperor has to be voiced by Wakamoto. He's only voiced a handful over the many years.

yezhanquan 2009-05-31 05:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 2427127)
Not every Emperor has to be voiced by Wakamoto. He's only voiced a handful over the many years.

Very true. It's how close Max's character is to Lelouch which actually causes the disappointment. If Max somehow convinces Faldio to join the Empire (e.g. by promising access to more knowledge on the Valkyria), it would be another shoutout to CG.

Deathkillz 2009-05-31 13:05

Spoiler:

Bonta Kun 2009-05-31 13:08

well I'd say that was a pretty sweet ep simply cause of all the Selvaria we get:D

apart from that not too much to say really, all of it is just very good.

ahh gotta wonder if working for Selvaria is a blessing or a curse at first, I mean she almost chopped down the poor lad:p
working for a super beautiful babe that could kill ya at a glance, really makes ya wonder:heh:

cloner4000 2009-05-31 15:55

I think even though they call him Karl which is what the DLC character Johann was called in the Japanese version, the last name is a bit different?

Spoiler for plot:

Spoiler for plot2: