AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Monogatari Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Nekomonogatari Black TV Anime - News, Rumours, and Speculation (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=115013)

winhlp32 2012-09-26 01:40

Nekomonogatari Black TV Anime - News, Rumours, and Speculation

Looks like Nekomonogatari (Black) is getting TV anime. A pre-airing at the December 29 "Nisio Isin Festival" event has been announced.

http://imageshack.us/a/img404/743/20120926140644672.jpg

relentlessflame 2012-09-26 01:48

Incidentally, this fits in with the comments about the already-announced Zenmonogatari adaptation, where they intended to adapt Neko Black somehow, and then the second "season" together. Now we see that taking shape. (But I wonder if this anime will really be a whole season, or if it'll be a special half-cour show... I guess we'll see.)

Tyabann 2012-09-26 02:38

So we get four episodes each for six of the more important books, but at the very least six for an unimportant prequel?
What. :heh:

Pocari_Sweat 2012-09-26 03:35

Allright monogatari round 3. Nise was a dissappointment for me as it ramped up the fanservice whilst dampening its "smart" dialogue that made Bake a hit as it was, but I'm more than willing to give this another chance. Hopefully this will be more than mere "mental masturbation" as NishioIsin put it in regards to the Nise novels.

ahelo 2012-09-26 04:34

SHAFT knows where the money lies after all. And hell yeah more Monogatari (though even less Gahara-san this time apparently)!

Shikijin 2012-09-26 04:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon (Post 4369263)
So we get four episodes each for six of the more important books, but at the very least six for an unimportant prequel?
What. :heh:

It has not been announced yet how many episodes Kuro or Zen will be.

And this is not an unimportant prequel. In fact, I don't know how you got the idea that a prequel that was foreshadowed so much during Bake could ever be unimportant.

redgrnbluylw 2012-09-26 07:01

Yesh. More Hanekawa goodness is always welcome. But how can Shaft spread out only one novel into a single cour anime? Maybe this season will only be about 10 episodes?

omimon 2012-09-26 07:21

Considering the length of this novel and the way this seems to be presented it's pretty clear for me that it's going to be in a OVA format. Probably 5~ episodes worth of content that will be aired on TV later on.

Shikijin 2012-09-26 07:25

There is no material for 10 episodes. Considering they cut internal monologues and some dialogues, it will be 6 episodes at most. Maybe 5.

omimon 2012-09-26 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shikijin (Post 4369478)
There is no material for 10 episodes. Considering they cut internal monologues and some dialogues, it will be 6 episodes at most. Maybe 5.

I can't help but feel Shaft is only going to spend one episode on "that" part. I'm hoping for two but......

Tyabann 2012-09-26 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shikijin (Post 4369357)
It has not been announced yet how many episodes Kuro or Zen will be.

I'm relatively certain I heard that Zen will be two cours.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shikijin (Post 4369357)
And this is not an unimportant prequel. In fact, I don't know how you got the idea that a prequel that was foreshadowed so much during Bake could ever be unimportant.

I've read NekoWhite, and I would claim that Black is unimportant; the basic events are covered during Bake and the major part that the author retconned could easily be done via a flashback during the adaptation of White.

Westlo 2012-09-26 10:05

I bet Zen will have some OVA episodes like the original Bake, OreNo and Kokoro Connect... that's if it is a two cour series... considering that Bake+Nise has shipped over a million copies... would be smarter for Aniplex to do more series...

redgrnbluylw 2012-09-26 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon (Post 4369628)
I'm relatively certain I heard that Zen will be two cours.

I've read NekoWhite, and I would claim that Black is unimportant; the basic events are covered during Bake and the major part that the author retconned could easily be done via a flashback during the adaptation of White.

Well, have you ever read the entirety of NekoKuro?

Tyabann 2012-09-26 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by redgrnbluylw (Post 4369644)
Well, have you ever read the entirety of NekoKuro?

No, of course not, but I do know enough about what the material covers via reviews, NekoWhite, and the impressions of others to consider it fairly unimportant even for understanding Hanekawa's character. It's just a further elaboration on events that we already know about.
Unless there's something major I'm missing, in which case I apologize.

relentlessflame 2012-09-26 10:31

Please don't post any spoilers about the content of the novel here in this thread. Discuss it in the novel thread if you'd like.

NoemiChan 2012-09-26 11:18

Bring out the crazy dialogues!!! This would be soooo awesome!!!

Master_Yoma 2012-09-26 22:16

Well that cool but the way it seem it would be less then 10eps

relentlessflame 2012-09-26 23:00

I wonder if it's possible (not saying that it's likely) that they could cut up the Kizumonogatari movie into episode-sized chunks (6 episodes @ 22min = 132min), and then make a one-cour season with both that and Nekomonogatari Black?

(Edit: If by some chance this is true (and to be clear, there is no evidence, just an idea), it could help explain why the movie got delayed. They may have been contemplating timing it with this production rather than doing it separately.)

ultimate_noob 2012-09-27 03:07

6 for kizu and 6 for nekokuro would be likely seeing they are both prequels.
But i guess one of the reasons kizu was planned to be a movie is because some scenes will not be appropriate for TV leaving kids staying up late just to watch it succumb into suicidal depression and seizures. Unless shaft decides to "go soft" which will lead into more suicidal depression and seizures. I guess we will have to wait until the end of the year to find out.

Marcus H. 2012-09-27 03:27

^ Wouldn't transforming Kizu into an anime series stir some rage from the staff? Imagine this: funds of a movie that ends up in a late-night timeslot anime series. I'm sure the people behind Kizu wouldn't like it. And of course, those who anticipate a godlike rendition of Kizu on film will be at least very disappointed.