AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru... Index [LN/M] (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   (L) To Aru Kagaku no Accelerator - Manga Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=121576)

relentlessflame 2013-08-27 21:44

To Aru Kagaku no Accelerator - Manga Discussion

Per ANN among other sources, a new manga focusing on Accelerator will be released beginning in December, with art by Arata Yamaji. Dengeki's official site is hosting a 25-page preview.

IMPORTANT
  • You may not posts about or request raws (illegal scans of untranslated manga)
  • You may not post collections of "spoiler images" from the latest chapters
  • You may not discuss sites that host manga scanlations
  • You may not link to any sites that host or link to such material

If you are are discussing chapters before translations have been released, please be considerate and use properly-labelled spoiler tags.

Ilidsor 2013-08-27 21:57

I love how nonchalant Accelerator is in the preview about a woman barging into his hotel room and getting arrested. Until LO becomes involved of course.

I wonder how much magic-side stuff will be involved in this story. Railgun has very very little, so I wonder if this will follow suit.

dniv 2013-08-27 22:39

I really hope we get to find out Accelerator's gender FOR SURE in the manga so fans will stop pointlessly pointing out that we don't know if he is a guy or a girl...

ACertainStark 2013-08-27 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by dniv (Post 4809336)
I really hope we get to find out Accelerator's gender FOR SURE in the manga so fans will stop pointlessly pointing out that we don't know if he is a guy or a girl...

Is that really a serious debate lol

Ilidsor 2013-08-27 22:53

^It's just people joking. I doubt they would have allowed that shirtless scene in Index II if he was a girl :heh:

Bakaizer 2013-08-28 04:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by dniv (Post 4809336)

really?
Spoiler for usually:

Mr.Kyon 2013-08-28 06:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilidsor (Post 4809349)
^It's just people joking. I doubt they would have allowed that shirtless scene in Index II if he was a girl :heh:

Fluctuating hormones can do weird shit to growth...

Nanahara Taiki 2013-08-28 10:48

Preview looks good. Not digging the art yet but it was okay.

Since Accelerator lives on a hotel I guess this when he is still in GROUP?

MrTerrorist 2013-08-28 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilidsor (Post 4809295)
I love how nonchalant Accelerator is in the preview about a woman barging into his hotel room and getting arrested. Until LO becomes involved of course.

I wonder how much magic-side stuff will be involved in this story. Railgun has very very little, so I wonder if this will follow suit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanahara Taiki (Post 4809862)
Preview looks good. Not digging the art yet but it was okay.

Since Accelerator lives on a hotel I guess this when he is still in GROUP?

Actually, it's a hospital. Notice over here there's support handles near the walls.

Ilidsor 2013-08-28 10:56

Was it a hotel? I thought it was his hospital room. I guess hotel makes much more sense for a room that large.

If this is when he's in GROUP that's awesome because the GROUP stories are always really awesome. Too bad they were only together for so little time.

EDIT: Nvm then, ignore the above

The artwork isn't that bad. Sure it's not what we're used to, but I'm sure it will get better since this is the artists first series.

KaiyuiKurosaki 2013-08-30 01:17

How would I go about posting the translations for these preview pages?

MrTerrorist 2013-08-30 01:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaiyuiKurosaki (Post 4811907)
How would I go about posting the translations for these preview pages?

You can PM it to us if we ask for it.

zaeraal 2013-08-30 01:48

That depends on the mood of the mods. :D
But it should be OK since the relentlessflame himself posted the link to the preview :)

As for me, I would welcome it.

KaiyuiKurosaki 2013-08-30 01:52

I haven't taken Japanese for a year; I am somewhat rusty and my knowledge of Japanese only totals five years. The translations are not perfect. Well here it is http://imgur.com/a/D1s3u

zaeraal 2013-08-30 02:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaiyuiKurosaki (Post 4811940)
I haven't taken Japanese for a year; I am somewhat rusty and my knowledge of Japanese only totals five years. The translations are not perfect. Well here it is http://imgur.com/a/D1s3u

Thanks, I am unable to tell if it is perfect or not, but at least helped me to understand what's going on :)

I wonder if that mecha is the Five Over for Accel power and how comes Anti-Skills have access to it.

Kenju of the Right 2013-08-30 02:13

thanks for the translation!

MrTerrorist 2013-08-30 02:18

Thanks. So Accelerator knew that girl was there but purposely mute the commotion using his powers. That is just like him.

Ilidsor 2013-08-30 08:42

Thanks for the translation, so glad to know what everyone is saying :)

I noticed that Anti-Skill said "the objective was an attempt to negotiate with the enemies outside" Possibly the magic side? Or maybe some other science organization is trying to take AC's place as top of the science side.

tsunade666 2013-08-30 08:44

Outside enemies? it gives more credit that it involves somehow in the magic side of the world. Is five-over operational already on this time? or its just another huge mech of academy city. And I still think that guy is not your ordinary anti-skill. He is too skillful with different techs at disposal. huge mech and camouflage suit.

Ilidsor 2013-08-30 08:53

^We don't really know much about the five_overs. The only one we know for sure that exists is Misaka's because we saw it in Baggage City. I'm guessing it's just some machine we haven't seen yet.