AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Tales of Xillia (PS3) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=99767)

Westlo 2010-12-15 03:42

Tales of Xillia (PS3)

Site just went live.

http://tox.namco-ch.net/

Liking the designs of the main characters.

Edit - Youtube link for the vid since the site runs like crap and/or is getting absolutely hammered.

Tyabann 2010-12-15 04:01

Too bad it'll never be released in America.

I wonder if Namco enjoys not making money?

Edit: Thanks for the Youtube link, dude. That battle system looks delicious... very much the superior Team Symphonia aesthetic.

fertygo 2010-12-15 04:52

Yeah, shame seems I will never gonna play this due to localization situation.

Xion Valkyrie 2010-12-15 05:15

Looks like Namco is never going to localize another Tales Game stateside unless somebody pays them to do it. It doesn't look like Sony or Microsoft care enough to do so.

Daniel E. 2010-12-15 05:17

Here's another "Wish I could play this in english" post.:meh:

Mizuno 2010-12-15 05:20

This one sure looks good enough to be imported.

Nikkan 2010-12-15 05:28

Looks really good. I like how the girl is taller than the guy (who looks alot like Asbel from Graces with black hair) But yeah, we will probably never get to play it.

Tyabann 2010-12-15 05:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie (Post 3392473)
Looks like Namco is never going to localize another Tales Game stateside unless somebody pays them to do it.

Actually, Atlus, XSEED, and several other studios (including Square, I believe) have all offered to localize recent games in the Tales series, only to be met with a big resounding NOPE.

Rumor has it that the CEO is a xenophobe.

HayashiTakara 2010-12-15 05:51

such a shame... another Tales lost to the rest of the world.

Nightengale 2010-12-15 05:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon (Post 3392497)

In this case, it's actually Bandai Namco USA who are the ones refusing to localise, or let someone else handle the localisation.

So it's more of the fact that the board of directors at Bamco US needs more weaboos.

drsypher 2010-12-15 05:58

Wait, what's this about Tales games not getting localized anymore? It seems I'm very much out of the loop with this. The battle system looks pretty good from that trailer and it'd be a shame not to play in English.

Westlo 2010-12-15 05:59

I think it's more the case of "what if we let Atlus license it and its a big success" than being a xenophobe.

Elvin 2010-12-15 06:05

At first I thought the beginning voice was Yuu Asakawa but now it sounds like Miyuki Sawashiro using her lower voice @_@

Arbitres 2010-12-15 06:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlo (Post 3392520)
I think it's more the case of "what if we let Atlus license it and its a big success" than being a xenophobe.

If Atlus stops localizing games, I swear I'm going to shrivel up and die.

Quote:

such a shame... another Tales lost to the rest of the world.
Best ones were Abyss and symphonia.

C'est la vie, maybe someday when they realize what cashcows us Western JRPG fans are~

Dist 2010-12-15 06:48

Well there's always fan translations, and now that PS3 was finally cracked ... Sure it takes time but at least we're getting fan translation for Graces one day .. Maybe Xillia too.

Still though, they should localize the games, and if nothing else, keep the original voicing .. just add subtitles. Surely they would make more money than lose, if all they did was add subtitles to the game and bring it to US/EU ? There's lots of fans for these games w/ their original voicing across the world ... Why can't they realize that. Maybe the games would sell even more if they didn't have crap dubs.

Tyabann 2010-12-15 07:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dist (Post 3392550)
Maybe the games would sell even more if they didn't have crap dubs.

The dubs for Tales games are, in general, god-tier.

Xion Valkyrie 2010-12-15 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon (Post 3392497)
Actually, Atlus, XSEED, and several other studios (including Square, I believe) have all offered to localize recent games in the Tales series, only to be met with a big resounding NOPE.

Yes, but Namco doesn't want to split the profits. So yeah, Altus would have to PAY Namco to localize it, etc. Doesn't look too likely.

Roloko vi Britannia 2010-12-15 07:23

The trailer looks interesting I'm might import it =D

Dist 2010-12-15 07:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon (Post 3392558)
The dubs for Tales games are, in general, god-tier.

Well for dubs indeed, they are great. Still, if japanese audio was available in the games I would always choose it over the dubs. ( Except maybe not Vesperia, Rita and Raven JP VA's don't fit their personalities ). I'm sure most other fans would do this as well, I don't see why not release the games in EU/US with just japanese audio. If it's issue with money, like I said before, Im sure the sales would exceed whatever money was used to the translation.

Wasn't the main problem in localizing Tales games that the games don't sell enough in US/EU ?

Tyabann 2010-12-15 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dist (Post 3392584)
Wasn't the main problem in localizing Tales games that the games don't sell enough in US/EU ?

Vesperia's sales were fantastic for a completely unadvertised JRPG; it's just that Namco expects to see the same kind of numbers as, say, Black Ops.