AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   White Knight Chronicles: Awakening of Light and Darkness (PS3) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=93455)

videoman190 2010-04-29 12:46

White Knight Chronicles: Awakening of Light and Darkness (PS3)

Quote:

The print version of Famitsu provides a further look at the White Knight Chronicles 2 battle system, which the magazine says has improved dramatically over the original. The improvements include visual updates, with new visual effects for your attacks, and new gameplay systems.

As with the original, you'll switch battle between human and giant knight form. In human form, you deplete MP to perform skills, and create your own combos for combat. In giant knight form, you make use of your tremendous power.

New features for the sequel include a greater sense of speed thanks to an updated action gauge and the addition of dash and charge commands. You'll find a greater number of special commands when combating in knight form. The sequel also adds weapon-specific skills, which the magazine says will help make the role for each character clearer. The game's location-based destruction system has been updated, putting greater importance on weapon type.

You'll once again create your own avatar character who will accompany Leonard on his adventure and will also serve as your online persona when you play the game's network mode. Your avatar character will play a greater role in the story this time around.

he game's combat system promises to retain the basics of the first White Knight, while adding new skills and readjusting the balance of current skills. The individual roles for your party members will be more greatly emphasized.

Sony didn't specifically mention this, but screenshots suggest that your battle party can now include six members.
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...cles_2_update/

Kyero Fox 2010-04-29 16:12

Dont forget your Avatar is getting its own Knight "Wild Knight" a knight piloted by Engred from the past or something. its supose to be green and look like the White Knight.

Duo Maxwell 2010-05-13 22:20

Latest trailer

Looking good so far, for both the setup and the music.

ZODDGUTS 2010-05-13 23:06

It's being rumored that the 2nd game will also come with the first game with additional graphical and gameplay improvements.

Quote:

You want value for your buck? Then check out this sweet bonus from Level-5 and Sony. A retail listing for White Knight Chronicles 2 reveals that the sequel will include the latest revision of the original White Knight Chronicles.

Not only does this make for a potentially killer bonus, it also makes a lot of sense. White Knight 2's story takes place one year after the events of the original. Having both story modes included on the same disc will mean newcomers will be able to experience the full story.

Like most retail listings, this one appears to be cut and pasted from officially distributed materials, so it's likely legit.

Separately, Game Jouhou reports that it heard from another retailer that the White Knight 1 component will be updated to White Knight 2 specifications in terms of gameplay and graphics. This retailer told Game Jouhou that the information about the inclusion of White Knight 1 wasn't supposed to be made public until June 3.

While the Game Jouhou information should be filed under the rumor category for now, the retail listing itself is pretty solid. Expect to hear further details on this unexpected bonus in a few weeks.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201..._knight_bonus/
Will find out if it's true or not on June 3.

FlareKnight 2010-05-14 01:09

Well let's hope the avatar playing a bigger role really does happen this time around. It was definitely one thing that stuck with me during the first game. Hope the sequel turns out to be a good one.

Kyero Fox 2010-05-14 07:06

the avatar will, there was screens of the avatar interacting with the group, like giving the dragon kid a handshake or something, the Avatar will also be getting his/her own knight. a Copy knight made by the people back in the day.

Arbitres 2010-05-14 07:11

Man I want a PS3 so bad. This looks epic. If I get to name my knight, I'm calling him Gawain <3

So there is character customization? Very cool. I wish I had a Ps3 :T_T: oh well, get one eventually? On another note, I think the graphics are rather splendid, I like the music.

Quote:

its supose to be green and look like the White Knight.
White knight, meet The Green Knight. :heh:

ZODDGUTS 2010-06-03 01:51

Good news guys it's confirmed that the 2nd game will also come with the first game on the disk and it will have graphical/gameplay improvements. There's a small screenshot of the first game with the additional improvements.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...led_by_kusuda/

Kyero Fox 2010-06-03 07:11

omg I knew it! Customizeable Knight for the Avatar! I cant wait for this game! ...... tho the Avatar better have good role in the game with the other characters. The knight will go to waste if it doesnt.

Arc Knight is its name, so it has to do something with the main plot.

kaizer63 2010-06-03 07:22

While I loved the first game, that article makes it sound like we'll have to play through it again to get to part two...

That does not make me happy. While I enjoyed it, it wasn't so engrossing that I want to be forced to play through it again. Why can't they just go with a system like .hack using a flag from the completed file?

On the other hand, the idea of your avatar actually playing a role sounds awesome and especially getting your own knight. I think Ceasar was the only character in the entire game who ever acknowledged your existence...

Kyero Fox 2010-06-03 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaizer63 (Post 3076402)
While I loved the first game, that article makes it sound like we'll have to play through it again to get to part two...

That does not make me happy. While I enjoyed it, it wasn't so engrossing that I want to be forced to play through it again. Why can't they just go with a system like .hack using a flag from the completed file?

On the other hand, the idea of your avatar actually playing a role sounds awesome and especially getting your own knight. I think Ceasar was the only character in the entire game who ever acknowledged your existence...

yea lol, he even gives you a hand shake in one of the screen shots i seen.

I want interaction with Yulie, after all I started a fanfic with her, and the Emerald Knight.

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4...osketch.th.jpg

O'l great guardian, Protector of the knights. wielder of the anchient shield. Grant me your power.. Verto!"

iceyfw 2010-06-04 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS (Post 3076167)
Good news guys it's confirmed that the 2nd game will also come with the first game on the disk and it will have graphical/gameplay improvements. There's a small screenshot of the first game with the additional improvements.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...led_by_kusuda/

wow. this pretty much sealed the deal for me. i've never played the first one so here is to hoping i'll enjoy the first game along with the second.

videoman190 2010-06-05 01:47

If you don't have the save file you have to start over from the first game!

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...al_clear_file/

FlareKnight 2010-06-05 02:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyero Fox (Post 3076407)
yea lol, he even gives you a hand shake in one of the screen shots i seen.

I want interaction with Yulie, after all I started a fanfic with her, and the Emerald Knight.

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4...osketch.th.jpg

O'l great guardian, Protector of the knights. wielder of the anchient shield. Grant me your power.. Verto!"

Yeah I'm kind of hoping for interaction with Yulie as well. Though reminds me of how background your avatar was in the first game. Looking forward to this sequel.

Kyero Fox 2010-06-05 07:11

You do get some interaction with the other characters. like when you first meet Yulie. She says "so this is the new guy?" yada yada, then after you leave the town it shows you and her talking. later on Ceaser asks you about linard if he always acts like this. I even answered his question in real life "yea.. and it gets kinda annoying.. you'll see"

I hope for more interaction between you and Eldore. like you have some deep connection with him like blood or something.

I heard in a interview (artical) that their tryin their hardest to keep the Avatar's role in the 2nd game a secret.

Westlo 2010-06-05 16:55

I haven't played the original, was waiting for it to be cheap before picking it up. Like I got a new copy of Nier for $36AUS off Ebay and it's currently $110 AUS in EB's around Australia... anyway thanks to this I probably won't buy the first one period and just wait for WKC 2 to come out.. hopefully it doesn't take as long as the first one did to get translated....

Quote:

Originally Posted by videoman190 (Post 3078840)
If you don't have the save file you have to start over from the first game!

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...al_clear_file/

That's really dumb, there's no good reason to do that. Guys on Neogaf are going in on this wackness.

Kyero Fox 2010-06-05 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlo (Post 3079782)
I haven't played the original, was waiting for it to be cheap before picking it up. Like I got a new copy of Nier for $36AUS off Ebay and it's currently $110 AUS in EB's around Australia... anyway thanks to this I probably won't buy the first one period and just wait for WKC 2 to come out.. hopefully it doesn't take as long as the first one did to get translated....

That's really dumb, there's no good reason to do that. Guys on Neogaf are going in on this wackness.

wrong, there is a good reason for that. You'll be lost in the story if you dont.

Westlo 2010-06-06 00:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyero Fox (Post 3079820)
wrong, there is a good reason for that. You'll be lost in the story if you dont.

Scenario A

I finished WKC and sold my ps3, WKC2 came out in 2011 and I eventually picked up another Ps3 before that. Now I have to replay through WKC again even though I know the story!

Scenario B

My HD died and I didn't back itup, now i have to replay through WKC again even though I know the story!

Scenario C

I played through half of WKC and it wasn't my thing, WKC 2 looks interesting but I'm not going to play it because I cbf finishing WKC, there's plenty of other games to play!

It's dumb period.

Kyero Fox 2010-06-06 00:44

let me show you to my friend Gamefaqs.com grab a saved game from there :)

but yes it does suck in your condition :(

-Sho- 2010-06-12 13:50

New Gameplay trailer :

It looks more dynamic than the first . Big monster look great . And "Henshiiin" yes , go Kamen Rider :p