AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Shana (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=59005)

Pellissier 2007-12-06 05:08

Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Shakugan no Shana II, Episode 10.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

UltimaWolf 2007-12-06 07:02

Can't wait to find out what happens in this episode, looks like a good one. :)

newby 2007-12-06 10:12

yeap me too..i cant wait!

minhtam1638 2007-12-06 11:36

After being spoiled for Novel 16, I'm too scared to watch the rest of the series knowing the epic climax...

I'll still be watching it though.

ashlay 2007-12-06 11:55

Khamsin's back! ^_^

episode starts right off where we left it last time. Yuji's as stupid as ever regarding all matters concerning himself, as he doesn't realize a thing till Shana tells him to look. I like the fact that Yuji is starting to bug out somewhat about his own identity though.

Konoe and her bracelet comes up again...in fact the entire scene with her and the butler ends up being very odd because of the utter silence. I don't really mind them leaving this subplot hanging, but I do hope they don't leave this till the end of the season. oh, and very pleased with Shana NOT regressing into jealously with Yoshida. Her yelling at Yuji to do his best made it still feel in character too. Anyway, Kantarou ends up being a good guy, and Chigusa and him make a nice pair. Think he actually has the same voice actor as that short lived Tomogara Kasha back in episode 3.

but for those of you not interested in that, like I said, last minute or so is Khamsin and Wilhelmina meeting up in Paris, and Khamsin revealing some more info about Pheles.

next week the uniforms change back to fall/winter versions, and Wilhelmina seems to return to Japan. this next week or two should be wonderful.

piku 2007-12-06 13:04

compare with the last epidode and#7... no doubt for my worry about the drawing style of S2 (not that bad as 'cabbage' though...).
looking for some improvement in the follow episodes.

kantaro's part and school sences were insipid compare with the last 4 episode and the original novels. cannot wait for battle between pheles and margery and wilhelmina. it will be more interesting for wilhelmina telling story about pheles and johan in next episode.

original ending for S2 is a must... as the novel seems not end at March 2008, according to some information from official. in my point of view, we can just wait for S3 or something...

S2 will be hold at 12/27 and 1/3 for new year break, will come back on 1/10.

and the seiyu of Kantaro: Keiji Fujiwara (the same as crayon shin chan's father...)

Kyuusaisha 2007-12-06 17:29

Original endings almost always fail HARD, I mean just look at Claymore. Anyway a good episode although the animation quality dropped by alot it was still good.

PhantomX 2007-12-06 17:39

They don't necessarily have to have an original ending if they decide to do a third season. They could always end it on a cliffhanger... personally I think it would be awful yet awesome at the same time :P

Tokkan 2007-12-06 19:18

I think Shana should be glad she isn't Juliet. Romeo and Juliet committed suicide, remember? I guess that's some form of symbolism, that any relationship between Yuji and Kazumi is doomed at the chance of ever happening. Though, this episode feels more like one of the school episodes from season 1 than any of the ones from season 2, so I'm wondering about whether or not people are going to come in and complain about this episode.

ThoHell 2007-12-06 19:40

Hm, interesting interesting. Can't wait to see how things play out, so many conflicting things arising. I sense internal friendship fighting in the future and preview for 11 looks interesting as well. Yuji is a bundle of mysteries all in oner.

UltimaWolf 2007-12-06 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by minhtam2448 (Post 1285971)
After being spoiled for Novel 16, I'm too scared to watch the rest of the series knowing the epic climax...

I'll still be watching it though.

Me too :D Spoilers are hard to stay away from. :heh: But I still can't wait to see how it all unfolds!

serenade_beta 2007-12-06 22:34

Spoiler for ep10:

PhantomX 2007-12-06 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokkan (Post 1286511)
I think Shana should be glad she isn't Juliet. Romeo and Juliet committed suicide, remember? I guess that's some form of symbolism, that any relationship between Yuji and Kazumi is doomed at the chance of ever happening. Though, this episode feels more like one of the school episodes from season 1 than any of the ones from season 2, so I'm wondering about whether or not people are going to come in and complain about this episode.

The big difference is that this actually has some revelations with regards to plot, and isn't purely angst/filler :\

newby 2007-12-07 00:08

yea this episode is nice. shana matured! lol =x

Deathkillz 2007-12-07 09:33

Spoiler:

grey_moon 2007-12-07 11:42

@DK - You just answered the thing that has been niggling me about Shana. I totally agree with you!

Kinny Riddle 2007-12-07 11:54

Firstly, JC STAFF, YOUR ANIMATION IS SH!TE TODAY!!! :mad:

There, that's off my shoulders.

Anyway, the only highlight has to be Yuji's old man, Kantarou. Since that is taken directly from novel volume 9.

Fujiwara Keiji (Maes Hughes in Fullmetal Alchemist, Aizawa the Afro detective in Death Note and Hanamoto-sensei in Honey & Clover) is an excellent choice as Kantarou, he's got that air of laid back, yet mature personality in his voice. Plus he's worked with Kugimiya Rie (FMA) and Kawasumi Ayako (Nodame Cantabile) before, so he has no problem interacting with them in the scene where Kantarou cross-examines his future daughter-in-laws.

It's been a while since we've seen Khamshin, and it's really a rare sight to behold to see Wilhelmina look so distressed at hearing what Khamshin had to say. Probably the first time we've seen her look so insecure.

HayashiTakara 2007-12-07 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathkillz (Post 1287326)
Spoiler:

Its called character growth, maybe? haha , j/p... but, I do miss her triple urusai's :(

Deathkillz 2007-12-07 16:46

^ her character design also showed her to have grown a few years :rolleyes:

still doesnt justify her change in personality so much goddam >.>

also noticed that S1 has more of a plot than what we are shown now...

"boss shows up" "gets his ass kicked" "next one comes"

now it's just...

bleh >_<

HayashiTakara 2007-12-07 16:52

I find it refreshing really.. Its much better than those anime girls that are consistantly abusive towards the male lead until they solidify their relationship (ie confession)... I like seeing the girl taking the step to make the guy like them, rather than be abusive cause he's paying attention to another girl.