AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   KonoMini (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Abbreviated title (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=13748)

Newprimus 2004-05-15 19:50

Abbreviated title

Since it's a complete pain to say "Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai" over and over again, why don't we decide on a more or less common shortended form like how Saikano has become the commonly accepted shortened form of.....I can't even imagine what the title is. :D

I've heard Konomini used a lot. I like that one.

EDIT: I now have a Konomini avatar! Wheeeee!! :)

_Sin_ 2004-05-15 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinova
Since it's a complete pain to say "Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai" over and over again, why don't we decide on a more or less common shortended form like how Saikano has become the commonly accepted shortened form of.....I can't even imagine what the title is. :D

Konomini is good with me. Another option would be KMUS, like they did with Kimi Ga Nozumu Eien (KGNE), although KMUS looks kinda lame and more so if you try to pronounce it (just try it ;) ). Or: We could just name it 'K!'. Sounds fine, is easy to type, easy to remember, and it convey every feeling I got for the animes, k?^^

Spoiler:

koki_2706 2004-05-15 20:16

I prefer Konomini, cos it is officially sactioned by Gainax. Check out the URL of the official website if you see what I mean...

Joshua 2004-05-15 20:57

Mostly, in posts, I prefer to call it KMUS, Konomini is still too long :P

Besides, KMUS is easy to say in Dutch :P

ZeppelinJ0 2004-05-15 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshua
Mostly, in posts, I prefer to call it KMUS, Konomini is still too long :P

Besides, KMUS is easy to say in Dutch :P

How bout just Mini?!!? YAAAA A:P

Melazoma 2004-05-15 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinova

EDIT: I now have a Konomini avatar! Wheeeee!! :)

In the ADR(where the Seiyuus do their thing) session the Seiyuus actually voted--according to a Af-Recor Report on the official website--between two shortened names for Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushi Sekai. One was Konomini, the other was "Shuubi/醜美 ," which means Ugly-Beautiful. After some discussion, the Seiyuus decided to call the production "Konomini" :) . Incidentally, the Production Commitee of this show happens to be called "Shuubi Commitee."

wao 2004-05-16 00:18

Hahaha.... I see a lot of version of it. KMoUS (Kmouse?), TUABW (That looks BAD, ok!), KMUS (not too bad), TUBW (tuberculosis, wtf?), Konomini (I use this most often, it's also used by Gainax...!)... even "Minikushii". That's like some wrong adjectorial usage of "Minikui" o something something.... maybe if "Minikushii" was in Katakana, it'd be "minixy"? XY... that's a male's chromosome thingy.... DNA... blah blah... and then you link it to Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai back again o_O

WHAT am I rambling on about? Ugh. I suggest "Konomini" be the most used one... but then again, whatever we suggest doesn't necessarily help anything. It usually comes out naturally (e.g. KimiNozo lost to KGNE...).

_Sin_ 2004-05-16 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by wao
Hahaha.... I see a lot of version of it. KMoUS (Kmouse!),

Ok folks, to settle the matter once and for all:

Our new abbreviated title for Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai shall be KMoUSe. Let the charme of our new mascot convince you:

:D
Cute isn't it?

So say it after me like mindless zombies:
"Our new title will be KMoUSe..."

Rakukojin 2004-05-16 22:21

Umm...the official abbreviated title is Konomini. No point in changing it.

Newprimus 2004-05-16 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rakukojin
Umm...the official abbreviated title is Konomini. No point in changing it.

And where did you get your sig pic? :D

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm watching the episode right now. :)

Rakukojin 2004-05-16 23:22

Yeah, pretty funny scene huh?

nicopopolis 2004-05-20 10:04

that is a short title, but what does Konomini translate into? You know, the series title does translate into other words.

Melazoma 2004-05-20 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicopopolis
that is a short title, but what does Konomini translate into? You know, the series title does translate into other words.

Konomini is of course taken from "KONO MINIkuku mo Utsukushi Sekai." Since the latter part of the current abbreviation is a partial pronouciation of "Minikuku," which is "Ugly," "Konomini" itself is not supposed to "mean" anything. It's purpose is just to refer to a title that is otherwise really long. To many, "Pokemon"--short for Pocket Monster-- is just Pokemon, there is no meaning beyond the word referring to a badly butchered and commercialized, yet popular animated series. By the same token, "Konomini" doesn't really "mean" anything.

PsionicXero 2004-07-18 22:12

I have been calling it "kono" this whole time, so y not kono??? kono is almost never used and its very short and east to spell =)

Yuun 2004-07-18 23:38

I think Konomini is still the best....

Actually, i always confused "Konomini" with "Kiminozo" at first and even now i sometimes mixed up between both this title. Am i lousy or what??

Kimi Ga nozomu Eien - Kiminozo / KGNE (Sounds ok and nice)
Kono minikuku mo Ustukushii sekai - Konomini / KMUS (.......)

"KMUS" sounds weird.... it sounds like "Kamus" in Malay Language which carries the meaning "Dictionary" :heh:

PsionicXero 2004-08-15 03:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuun
I think Konomini is still the best....

Actually, i always confused "Konomini" with "Kiminozo" at first and even now i sometimes mixed up between both this title. Am i lousy or what??

Kimi Ga nozomu Eien - Kiminozo / KGNE (Sounds ok and nice)
Kono minikuku mo Ustukushii sekai - Konomini / KMUS (.......)

"KMUS" sounds weird.... it sounds like "Kamus" in Malay Language which carries the meaning "Dictionary" :heh:

You just said you got confused "Konomini" with "Kiminozo", if we just called it "kono" its like you wont be confused... even tho we are just calling it "this" :innocent:

hoshino_crimsonwings 2006-05-09 13:30

The nick would obviously be KonoMini o_O the official website is www.konomini.com ;p