AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Lovely Complex (TV Series!) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=43289)

aliensporebomb 2007-07-21 12:36

One thought....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slice of Life (Post 1052182)
Reverse harem.

H&C. Well, I have it somewhere but I'm still stuck at ep 5 or so. Morita Shinobu was probably meant to come across funny but he annoyed the hell out of me already after 5 min screentime. And then Hanamoto "all our 90 cm tall love interests are gua-ran-te-ed to be of legal age" Hagumi ... I'm still planning to watch it some day because it's so insanely popular so there must be *something* about it, right? REC wasn't bad. My favorite couple is one that never was: Jinto and Lafiel.

Remember that in the second season Hagu looks older and my guess, although
I've never had any confirmation of this is that she looks the way she does because
that's her perceived mental age by others and herself. As the show progresses,
she starts looking more like a young woman instead of a loli fetish object. I think
once you get past that you can deal with it.

aliensporebomb 2007-07-21 12:45

What's interesting in LoveCom versus, say School Rumble or perhaps H&C
or even Nana is that some of the characters motives are unclear despite there
being hints in that direction.

Harima is so transparent you KNOW who he likes and who he doesn't. He's
clear as crystal in most respects. There's so many potential triangles in that
show/manga that you never really know what's happening and the whole
second season was sort of an excuse in "let's delay the story from going
forward as long we possible can to milk the franchise."

Back to LoveCom:
Otani appears dense but there are hints he knows what is going on in some
areas. But the story is very clear to never really have you know what the
character is thinking. On the other hand, Risa's thinking is all too painfully
clear to the point where you wonder if she ever had a life prior to Otani
appearing. Maybe this is the lesson of the tale - someone you know may
be tall, beautiful and complicated but maybe on the inside they are withering
a bit because the one they like isn't returning the emotion. And upon second
watching there are signs he's returning her feeling, just not in the way she
wants which seems to make Otani laugh all the more.

I don't agree that Nana is better than H&C, but I do like it - it's much more
dramatic to the point where it's a bit of a soap opera although the inter-band
rivalry stuff is spot on (speaking as someone who has played in bands for
years). And I must admit, as its drawing to a close the drama is more
compelling than ever.

I'm sorely tempted to watch the live dorama version of LoveCom but in
a way DON'T want to see it before the anime finishes. We'll see if I can
resist.

Meanwhile, in Nana we've got more clearly drawn characters - Takumi
appears to be somewhat villainous in most respects but he's a bit more complex
than that.

Vexx 2007-07-21 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliensporebomb (Post 1053313)
Remember that in the second season Hagu looks older and my guess, although
I've never had any confirmation of this is that she looks the way she does because
that's her perceived mental age by others and herself. As the show progresses,
she starts looking more like a young woman instead of a loli fetish object. I think
once you get past that you can deal with it.

That's a very interesting interpretation of Hagu --- that we're seeing her through the eyes of her two suitors and it evolves as the relationships evolve.

It is just a bit unfortunate that Hagu tends to be a showstopper for more than a few females I've shown this to.
"I really like the show but I just can't get past Hagu" ... which is really funny when you're looking at an adult loli-waif saying that.

Karnot 2007-07-21 15:00

Its amazing how those classmates are all always on Koizumi's side. Yeah, its shoujo, but anyways ! I'd beat up those suckers and smash their teeth in, for their constant dissing of Otani. Give the guy a break, he's not supposed to suck it up and go marry whoever they pick for him.

Risaa 2007-07-21 15:24

Haha, I found that funny, yet I don't have anything to say about it... :)

Anyways, episode 15 is out (whoops, almost wrote "25"). Get it while it's hot. ;)

Jerseykid 2007-07-21 16:13

Evil doer Maity!

PlasticYakuza 2007-07-21 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karnot (Post 1053479)
Its amazing how those classmates are all always on Koizumi's side. Yeah, its shoujo, but anyways ! I'd beat up those suckers and smash their teeth in, for their constant dissing of Otani. Give the guy a break, he's not supposed to suck it up and go marry whoever they pick for him.

They are really hard on Otani. Would think one of his friends would give him some support by now.

After watching 15, they seem to drag this out until the end now. Would have really liked to see the two of them get together by now.

Zifx 2007-07-21 19:15

I thought the whole Maity fan club part was over the top and that it didn't fit with Risa's character even if she is depressed. It looks like the next episode will pick up the pace a bit (hopefully).

Ashlotte 2007-07-21 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karnot (Post 1053479)

Well the class in general doesnt know the gritty details so they just side with the poor girl crying who looks like otani is being cruel to. If you mean his friends well...One is mostly non-existent story wise so we wont worry about him...and his friend on the basketball team has been throughly "trained" by nobu as to always be on her side. :heh:

physics223 2007-07-22 01:18

It had to happen ... for Risa to be there as he was dishonest to himself. The impatient wait for next week starts again. D:

grey_moon 2007-07-22 04:48

Spoiler for rant about epi 15:

aONErox 2007-07-22 04:58

i started to watch this series but got bored of it after episode 13-ish nothing against anyone that likes this series it just sloped and got boring to me but it was funn-ah

Karnot 2007-07-22 07:27

Btw, is this really the ONLY title in existence where kansai-ben is used most of the time by most of the cast ?

mdauben 2007-07-22 09:05

I just finished watching ep. 15. Thanks again, KissSub! :bow:

Spoiler for episode 15:

This is one of the reasons I normally like to wait until a series is finished before I start to watch it. Now, I have to wait a whole week to find out what happens after that final scene. :upset:

BTW, I think the new OP song is starting to grow on me. I still like the first one better, but I don't hate the new one any more. ;)

physics223 2007-07-22 09:45

I rue the day I decided to pick LoveCom up without waiting for it to end ... waiting sucks. :(

Slice of Life 2007-07-22 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by physics223 (Post 1054579)
I rue the day I decided to pick LoveCom up without waiting for it to end ... waiting sucks. :(

If they keep the speed and intend to do the whole manga it won't end for a long time.

I also found Risa as head of the Maity fan club very out of character. A more realistic approach and towards a more realistic alternative would have been better. The interrogation of the hysterical Maity fangirls creami getting more and more excited over every non-answer Maity was giving was the comedy highlight of the episode though.

physics223 2007-07-22 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slice of Life (Post 1054597)
If they keep the speed and intend to do the whole manga it won't end for a long time.

I also found Risa as head of the Maity fan club very out of character. A more realistic approach and towards a more realistic alternative would have been better. The interrogation of the hysterical Maity fangirls creami getting more and more excited over every non-answer Maity was giving was the comedy highlight of the episode though.

It will end in episode 25, so~

It was very out of character but one has to note that she is on the rebound, and people on the rebound (be they boys or girls) tend to act irrationally and erratically. :)

Shiroth 2007-07-22 10:50

About time we see Seiko in the preview for next weeks episode --- it makes me wonder what role he'll play after how episode 15 ended.

M A I T Y Love Maity~

Slice of Life 2007-07-22 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by physics223 (Post 1054606)
It will end in 25 episodes, so~

25 weeks *is* quite some time, isnt' it? :) Or do you mean "after 25 episodes"?

And is this yet another rumor or do you have a source? After a somewhat faster pace at the beginning they're doing a steady 1 epsiode/chapter for quite some time now. Epsiode 15 is chapter 23/62 and 15+(62-23) = 54. So I'd expect 4 seasons at maximum. But I wouldn't mind 3 seaons either.

Shiroth 2007-07-22 10:53

If i remember correctly, it still hasn't been confirmed how many episodes this one shall last --- though i thought it would be something like 25/26 episodes.