AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Nodame Cantabile: Finale (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=75174)

Kirarakim 2008-12-08 10:36

Nodame Cantabile: Finale

http://i.imagehost.org/0643/37314.jpg

Animation Production: J. C. Staff

Expected Airing Date: January 2010.

We were just talking about a possibility of a 3rd season :)

Anyways it's been confirmed for Fall of 2009

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-for-fall-2009

Sinestra 2008-12-08 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirarakim (Post 2095934)
We were just talking about a possibility of a 3rd season :)

Anyways it's been confirmed for Fall of 2009

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-for-fall-2009

Sounds like good news to me a friend of mine told heard this i just didnt get a chance to check. Im all for more Nodame Cantabile the series is just so much fun to watch and if you are classical musical person it just ups the goodness for you.

Matrim 2008-12-08 10:54

Nice! This information makes the rushing of certain episodes of Pari-hen all the more annoying, though.

Kirarakim 2008-12-08 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrim (Post 2095965)
Nice! This information makes the rushing of certain episodes of Pari-hen all the more annoying, though.

It does although I am guessing the director did not know at the time there would be another season. Hopefully things will be better paced in the 3rd season.

I also wonder if this means the manga is coming to an end. I would like to actually see the full story animated but for now I am just happy with the news of a 3rd season.

Shiroth 2008-12-08 18:38

Seeing as how it'll air fall next year, i'm guessing there will be enough material for another 11 or more episodes. I'm not upto date with the manga, so i'm not all that sure if that's right.

Matrim 2008-12-09 07:19

Quote:

Seeing as how it'll air fall next year, i'm guessing there will be enough material for another 11 or more episodes. I'm not upto date with the manga, so i'm not all that sure if that's right.
This season will 99% certainly end at the beginning of Volume 17, right now the manga is up to Volume 22. Pari-hen began at Volume 10, so there should be enough material for a new 11-13 episodes season, even if the manga does not progress much (the mangaka is currently taking a break due to having her first child). The big question is whether the manga will be over by that time. Most likely it won't, athough it's the type of story that can easily get some sort of conclusion quite promptly - but it can also go on and on and on, depending on the author's wishes ;)

Keiichi_chan 2008-12-09 17:49

They should be pretty close to each other by S3 then. Nice, we could get a much better paced season next time! LOL! They should've known this series would get greenlit for more and not rushed it!
Anyway, great news but lame that we have to wait nearly another year to see more!
By that time, the manga probably will have ended.

Marina 2008-12-09 19:13

GREAT news, especially since I was wondering how the 2nd season would even wrap up, since we're already so close to its end. Just a little sad on how long the wait will be :)

Ja-Y-Ce 2008-12-10 00:25

2 Live Action movies for Nodame in 2010!!!

Yay!! There will be 2 live action movies for Nodame in 2010.

"This year's 24th issue of Kodansha's Kiss magazine has announced on Wednesday that two live-action films based on Tomoko Ninomiya's Nodame Cantabile musical romance manga have been green-lit for 2010. The two movies will continue the story of the 2006 live-action television drama series and this year's two-part Nodame Cantabile Shinshun Special in Europe television special (pictured at right). Specifically, it will continue the Paris chapter of two budding musicians who met each other as a student-teacher pair in Japan. Juri Ueno (live-action Young Kindaichi Case Files, Kodomo no Kodomo, Warau Michael) and Hiroshi Tamaki (MW's Michio Yūki, GTO drama guest star) will reprise their respective roles as Nodame and Chiaki. The first film will open in January 2010, while the second film will open later in the spring of 2010.

A sequel to the ongoing Nodame Cantabile: Paris anime series has been announced for fall 2009 in the latest issue of Animage magazine on Wednesday. Ninomiya has been drawing the original manga version runs in Kiss magazine, although she has taken a break to give birth to a son. Del Rey published the 15th volume of the original manga in North America last month. "

Source: ANN

Hoorray!! More Chiaki Senpai!! :heh:

Sorrow-K 2008-12-10 00:55

In all honesty, my opinion is that if they gave Pari-hen enough episodes, they probably wouldn't need a third season.

Nonetheless, I do hope that Kasai is at the helm again. Pari-hen has been good, but the first season was so much better.

Kirarakim 2008-12-10 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorrow-K (Post 2099295)
In all honesty, my opinion is that if they gave Pari-hen enough episodes, they probably wouldn't need a third season.

Nonetheless, I do hope that Kasai is at the helm again. Pari-hen has been good, but the first season was so much better.

Why do you say this? The manga is ongoing so even if they had given Pari-hen more episodes there would still be more story to tell afterwards. Not that I am saying I wouldn't have appreciated more episodes for Pari-hen because that would mean the story would have felt less rushed but that still doesn't mean a 3rd season would be useless.

The live action version is also continuing with two movies. Although unless they slow things down in the final 3 episodes of Pari-hen I think this time the anime will be ahead of the live action Nodame Cantabile.

zzeroparticle 2008-12-10 22:50

While this news isn't too bad, I do hope that the focus on classical music will return. I've enjoyed the character drama for what it's worth, but really, the reason I watched Nodame in the first place was because it boasted a rather impressive classical music selections and Paris-hen has been missing that touch a lot.

Keiichi_chan 2008-12-10 23:00

I agree. The original director returning to wrap up the series for good just seems appropriate.

ZephyrLeanne 2008-12-10 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzeroparticle (Post 2101080)
While this news isn't too bad, I do hope that the focus on classical music will return. I've enjoyed the character drama for what it's worth, but really, the reason I watched Nodame in the first place was because it boasted a rather impressive classical music selections and Paris-hen has been missing that touch a lot.

True. At least we anime fans could finally say we're cultured with Nodame Cantabile.
Anyways, I think that they should try having an extra ep for the two-week break most Japanese TV stations go for during the Xmas season, since they usually put performances of classical music in some slots. Since NC is partially on Classical Music, I'd like them to give it a try! :heh:

blewin 2008-12-14 09:02

more Nodame anime AND movies? the future is bright indeed. :D

if only the manga can keep going, it's been stalled for quite some time now.

The Chaos 2008-12-14 09:09

WOW...that Really Good News ...But I hope that season Show them in Tokyo :D

Azuma Denton 2008-12-19 21:48

That is definitely a good news...

And i agree with zzeroparticle..
Pari~hen is lacking its classical music element...

How many time do we see Chiaki conduct in this 2nd season??

Theowne 2008-12-19 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzeroparticle (Post 2101080)

Completely agree. I felt the balance between character drama and the classical music portion was what made the first season as impressive as it was. The second season has it's moments, but it doesn't really feel much like the first season.

musume_no_hoshi 2008-12-21 18:24

I have sat through the first season within 24 hours, I have to admit...the music scenes were too long, the whole lot of musical knowledge and the information about the composers were too long. I often found myself doodling while watching those scenes. Despite this, I prefer the first season anyway, there was just something about the first season better then pari-hen. Pari-hen felt like a copy of the manga (although it cutted out alot of materials), the first season it has somehing special to it. I also prefer the less usage of cel-shaded animation in season 1, I never really liked cel-shaded animation, other then Clannad.

I also managed to finish reading the manga. The 3rd season should have some very interesting stuff to animate, it's out in one year...thats a long time to wait T_T. The live action movies, I really look forward to them...but they're out at 2010...which I recall is 1 year, which is a fairly long wait (add another 6 months for the DVD release), usually anime is announced 6 months before or even less. This is a great tease, at least they announced the dates...better then KyoAni :heh:

<<<personally prefers the live action, but Chiaki-senpai is better in anime/manga form, the live action lacks the tsundere-ness.:uhoh:

Irenicus 2008-12-21 19:56

Wonderful news! I was just thinking the second season needed more episodes. And more music, but that's another matter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi (Post 2120698)
<<<personally prefers the live action, but Chiaki-senpai is better in anime/manga form, the live action lacks the tsundere-ness.:uhoh:

He's hotter in the drama though. :p