AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Forum & Site Feedback (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   a Notepad? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=13904)

hobobaggins 2004-05-18 00:07

a Notepad?

well... ... some other boards have an option that lets you jot down notes for yourself (or attach small files) for yourself on the board...

is it possible to "enable" such an option here?

(so i dont have to stick it in my siggy :) )

I think it would be alot more convenient that emailing myself reminders (especially because i dont check anything as often as Animesuki)

:hmm:

:Bow:

Sid_Burn 2004-05-18 01:01

I found such options in the Vidar Forums... very helpful indeed... anyway... does it look like this?

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1502/00Screen.jpg

xris 2004-05-18 03:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobobaggins

There isn't such an option on VBulletin as far as I'm aware so it would require a hack. Don't expect to see it anytime soon.

Quote:

I'm removing that for a start, as I will remove any use of the spoiler tag in a sig. Hiding it in a spoiler makes it no less annoying.

Lefteris_D 2004-05-18 03:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid_Burn

That's Invisionboard not vBulletin...

JOJOS'STAR 2004-05-18 03:32

Quote:

well... ... some other boards have an option that lets you jot down notes for yourself (or attach small files) for yourself on the board...

I think it would be alot more convenient that emailing myself reminders (especially because i dont check anything as often as Animesuki)

:hmm:

:Bow:

Usefull. Not necessary as we get other advantages with the VBulletin.

HoboGod 2004-05-18 03:38

a forum notepad.... seriously here, is it so friggin hard that you can't create a txt file and put it on a floppy disk? -_-...

Sid_Burn 2004-05-18 04:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefteris_D
That's Invisionboard not vBulletin...

I know that..., Im just giving him an image example... of wat he called a "personal notepad"..., ofcourse I know vBulletin does'nt provide such option...

Mr_Paper 2004-05-18 10:32

Why not just PM yourself with a reminder?

It is escentially the same thing and doesn't require any new code or hacks.

hobobaggins 2004-05-18 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris
I'm removing that for a start, as I will remove any use of the spoiler tag in a sig. Hiding it in a spoiler makes it no less annoying.

ack!... ... well. just have to rewrite that i guess.
Quote:

Why not just PM yourself with a reminder?
i do do that... ... :twitch: its just filling up my inbox.

Prince of Chronics 2004-05-18 13:41

uh... notepad is pretty easy and basic... why don't you just use that instead? save your reminders on the desktop so that you will see them easily... I find it pretty pointless to have such an option on a message board...

btw.. i'm pretty sure that there are browser plug-ins... that will allow you to access a text editor...

NightWish 2004-05-18 14:51

There is a note taking feature, but most of the forum users don't know where it is and even more can't actually use it. Administrator's however should check their profiles :p...

Having not looked at vB3's Admin control panel in a while I can't remember if it can be enabled for normal users. I have a feeling it could but normally wouldn't be as it is an administrative aid.

I would just go with Mr_Paper's suggestion and PM yourself... (if you really need to access your notes from places other than your own computer).

hobobaggins 2004-05-18 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
uh... notepad is pretty easy and basic... why don't you just use that instead? save your reminders on the desktop so that you will see them easily...

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightwish
I would just go with Mr_Paper's suggestion and PM yourself... (if you really need to access your notes from places other than your own computer).

:)

So i shall. from now on :heh:

Lambda 2004-05-18 19:14

If you use Opera as your browser, it has a built-in system for writing notes to yourself. Along with shedloads of other cool features.

Imazul 2004-05-18 19:37

It's there and it's easily done but sadly enough its a hack....