AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Playback Help (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   2x2 = Shinobuden ... No Video (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=18185)

topek 2004-08-02 11:17

2x2 = Shinobuden ... No Video

Hi;
I dld the 2x2 = Shinobuden 1st Ep and it's all good besides the video. I get blank screen [it's the only file i have problem with].
I use the latest Xvid (Nic's build - Download) and DirectShow filters for Xvid (by Koepi - Download).
So if some1 can tell me what can be the problem here, please answer.
Thanks in advance!

xris 2004-08-02 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by topek
Hi;
I dld the 2x2 = Shinobuden 1st Ep and it's all good besides the video. I get blank screen [it's the only file i have problem with].
I use the latest Xvid (Nic's build - Download) and DirectShow filters for Xvid (by Koepi - Download).
So if some1 can tell me what can be the problem here, please answer.
Thanks in advance!

Since this question is asked so many times, this is a standard reply cut and pasted :p

9 timeout of 10, this is a codec problem. Very easy to fix.

i) Download ffdshow 2004-05-20
ii) Remove all previously installed codecs you have, and I mean all.
iii) Install ffdshow.

Just in case it wasn't clear, uninstall all previously installed codecs, they only clash and interfere with each other. You only need ffdshow.

If you don't like the idea of removing all your old codecs, then don't, you may be able to resolve the problem by just updating or installing to the latest ffdshow codec (but the general consensus is to just have the one codec installed, there will be less problems that way).

Look at the stickies in the Playback Help forum to find the latest version of ffdshow (see this thread).

Plus I would recommend downloading and using Media Player Classic.

---
End of recorded message. While I haven't tried out this particular episode on my system (which has only ffdshow installed), chances are it will fix it. Or at least it's worth the effort to try.

topek 2004-08-02 11:34

meh, i'll try the ffdshow pack ... though i don't really like it :\ ... at least it's better than Nemo...

usually i just visit monthly a great page with codec links (www.divx.pl) and download the stuff i need -> this way i'm almost 100% sure that they will not interfere... 'cause if it comes to codec packs it's all black magic ;)

thanks for reply

xris 2004-08-02 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by topek
meh, i'll try the ffdshow pack ... though i don't really like it :\ ... at least it's better than Nemo...

usually i just visit monthly a great page with codec links (www.divx.pl) and download the stuff i need -> this way i'm almost 100% sure that they will not interfere... 'cause if it comes to codec packs it's all black magic ;)

thanks for reply

ffdshow is not a codec pack. Something I missed out on the above is "don't use codec packs, they are evil" (or certainly it was the case they caused more problems than they solved).

It seems that 99% of anime works when using ffdshow and Media Player Classic, so it's a good first step whenever people have codec problems.