AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Tech Support (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What media play you use to tell the FULL TIME?(Hour,Minutes,Seconds,Miliseconds) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=52536)

garra113 2007-08-08 11:15

What media play you use to tell the FULL TIME?(Hour,Minutes,Seconds,Miliseconds)

Well title explains all. Does anyone know what media player tells full time?

TakutoKun 2007-08-08 18:11

I am not absolutely sure. However, Adobe Premiere would go as far as telling you all of those times.

garra113 2007-08-08 18:46

Hmmm I will try it. Does anyone have any alternatives? I am trying to use this media player so I can insert in subs at the right time >.<

Ledgem 2007-08-08 20:03

New subber? Virtualdub and Aegisub were the tools of the trade for timers when I subbed two years ago. There may be newer tools out there now, though.

garra113 2007-08-08 22:31

No no no. I am talking about the time setting. I am trying to make it so I can put the subs in the exact time. I use aegissubs and virtual dub. So does anyone have that kinda Media player that tells exact time?

jpwong 2007-08-09 00:10

If you need some sort of ultra precise timming, use VirtualDub. That'll give you the time by frame to the millisecond (0.001s), wheras your subbing team's tools will only in general I believe accept time values to the hundredth of a second (0.01s).

I doubt you'll find a media player that'll be more precise that the second, it would just be a waste of clock cycles for most people to even bother with that sort of precision.

But in anycase, why do you need a media player? If you're already using VDub and Aegisub you already have everything you need to create and time a video. You even have the tools to preview the finished product.

Fruitfly 2007-08-09 02:08

Media Player Classics tells the time to the millisecond only in "play"->"Go To" or just Ctrl+G.

garra113 2007-08-09 18:50

Yeah but the problem with Virtual dub is that whenever it shows time, it always jumps from .070 to .402 most of the time. If thats how, I might as well find a player that shows it by the hundredth unit. Does anyone know or is virtual dub the only thing you got O.o?

jpwong 2007-08-09 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by garra113 (Post 1087079)
Yeah but the problem with Virtual dub is that whenever it shows time, it always jumps from .070 to .402 most of the time. If thats how, I might as well find a player that shows it by the hundredth unit. Does anyone know or is virtual dub the only thing you got O.o?

Well, I dunno about that big of a jump, but each frame of anime should increase the time counter by 42ms (0.042s) if it's 24fps or 33ms (0.033s) if it's 30fps material.

I don't know how you're using VDub, but if you want precision, you have to step through the video frame by frame.

If you're timming subs, you may want to use an audio editting program of some sort since you'd be able to precisely determine exactly where someone starts and ends speaking without having to attempt to stop the video at the correct spot.