AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Thriller Bark Arc Discussion [Anime-only] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=60512)

Sazelyt 2008-01-07 17:48

Thriller Bark Arc Discussion [Anime-only]

With the 337th Episode, Thriller Bark arc has officially started.

Since, Thriller Bark is based on the manga storyline (not a filler), the general spoiler rules apply in this thread: "No manga spoiler is allowed for the chapters corresponding to the unaired anime episodes".

Since One Piece is also licensed, please use the following guidelines for your posts in this thread:
  • No discussion on where to find the episodes (raws and subs)
  • No discussion on subbing groups

Fyria 2008-01-08 16:28

Just saw subbed 337 :D

Anime team added few scenes viewing life at Thousand Sunny what was funny to me:).

And animated Brooke :D just awesome... I didn't adore idea of Brooke at manga but I was so gone when I saw him animated and his VA is pretty damn good and nice, expected bit deeper voice but this is very nice too :rolleyes:

I give whole episode 8,5/10. Too bad that nothing happens yet but its based on manga so its ok.

ellifeedn 2008-01-08 19:33

I saw the subbed ep. and what a way to start off a new arc. btw, did anyone see the ghost when Chopper was freaking out?

Schuyler 2008-01-08 20:22

Lots of pure win incoming!

noktown 2008-01-09 01:38

Lol Brooke's voice rocks :)

Wolcik 2008-01-09 08:25

Brooke's voice could be deeperlike Flyria said, but it's not so bud. I don't know if this seiyuu will keep up with musican role. I know only one of his previous roles.
Previous arc, and now this is a good build of Sunny's machinery, instead of them all just being built from the begining :)
I also love the way anyone strong wanted to go to ghost ship :)

Tommy 2008-01-09 22:13

Pretty darn funny episode.

Luffy: " Do you poop?" :heh:

Brooke: " Yes, I do poop." :heh:

He would be a perfect addition to the crew.

Sazelyt 2008-01-10 15:52

I think the first episode of the arc is animated pretty well. I liked especially the style and coloring of Brook. I have expected a more male-ish kind of voice while he was singing, but, this was also ok. The important matter is he "is" different, not a replica with a repeated voice. And, briefly he showed that he can use a more male-ish kind of voice, anyway.

The first moment Brook and the crew came eye to eye reminded me of the time the crew met Crocus (Laboon's doctor), exchanging looks with sound effect and no words being used. It had a really nice feeling. Here, Brook was singing and sipping tea/coffee from his cup in a pretty comfortable manner, with no care around the things happening around him, while the crew looked to be hellishly scared. Really, a nice moment to remember.

Of course, the other parts of the episode, where the crew members were enjoying their characteristics wholly, were also enjoyable...

(I hope I am not remembering incorrectly, so, forgive me if I got this wrong) The bad thing about the episode: the ghost that was just shown just for a brief moment with no impact on anything made me wonder whether that showing was necessary or not.

King Lycan 2008-01-10 17:15

woot cant wait to see some action

kayote 2008-01-11 13:53

even though i have read the manga, nothing can be compaired to what happed when brook got all ready like he was taking someone out on a date and tha suddnly

"would you let me see your panties?"

OMG i was on the floor.

Bonta Kun 2008-01-12 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayote (Post 1338110)
even though i have read the manga, nothing can be compaired to what happed when brook got all ready like he was taking someone out on a date and tha suddnly

"would you let me see your panties?"

OMG i was on the floor.

lol me too, even tho I knew what was coming. I just couldn't stop laughing:heh:

the fact he is a perverted talking skeleton with a afro that poops, he is a must for joining the crew!:p

naruto89 2008-01-15 12:24

(Brooke)SKULL JOKE!! Yohohohoho (Luffy arms in air) SKULL JOKE!! Hehehehehehe

(Brooke)"I admire people who can wait for food pateintly regardless of hunger" (one second later)
(Luffy + Brooke) Dinner Yeah, FOOOOD, Dinner, Come on baby - Food Food Food !!"

(Everyone screaming) : VAMPIRE !!!
Luffy - "Are you serious, THIS IS AMAZING !!!" rofl

^^^Just an example of the Luffy-Brooke interaction in the 2nd episode

its hilarious how luffy finds brooke hilarious?:confused::D

Fyria 2008-01-15 13:24

Second episode of Thriller Bark arc was also very good and had good quality.

I think they added few scenes to Brooke's flashback but it was OK.

Thriller Bark was introduced in this episode and on first glance it looks pretty damn nice.

I have high expectations of animated Thriller Barc arc, and so far quality has been very nice.

Once again Brooke's VA made positive impression and Brooke's charecter is generally more likable than before =)

Wolcik 2008-01-15 17:27

saw 2nd episode's RAW :) and I'm very pleased with it :)

lots of scull jokes, and we get to see Brooke's flashback

I expected Brooke to wait a little longer to start screaming, and to be a little dirtier around his mouth after eating, but it's all cool :) Yohohohoho

next episode Strawhats enter Thriller Park/Bark :) or at least part of them...

kayote 2008-01-16 14:59

i hope that the anime does this arc justice like the cp9 saga. it looks really good and i hope that they don't move too fast through the capters. it's better if they take thair time and go for quality not quantity.

Wervy 2008-01-17 13:26

Yea! Great to see the CP9 #2 arc starting :rolleyes:

Fyria 2008-01-21 18:12

Watched 339 subbed moment ago and it was good episode again and animation was good too.

There was little actions/revelations in episode except reveaval of last soldier Dock item and landing and glimpses of Thriller Bark. Cerberus was quite nicely made.

I previosly criticized Thriller Bark manga because TB looked so blend and dull but animated it looks quite nice.

Good episode though, loayl with its relative manga chapters and it had its funny moments.

I am really exited to see Thriller Bark arc animated.

BTW Anime watchers don't get dismoraled if TB arc feels boring or unintrested because I promise you that it will so worth to watch and there will be some best episodes coming.

cp9 2008-01-24 17:38

god, it was too funny

laughed when one of the dogs turned out to be a fox, the look on it's face:D
priceless

but i dident get a translate of the sign that nami was holding up.
any1 translate for me?

cant wait for more episodes from thriller bark and im reallt looking forward for new battles with strong badguys, and i hope we see
Spoiler for Thriller Bark:
soon

Wolcik 2008-01-25 12:22

animations anatomicaly sometimes were off in 339, but overally good ;) Cerberous colored looks weird but still cool in OnePiece way XD
It's nice to see Robin being licked... I can't wait to see next episode.

seiji_kun 2008-01-27 16:23

I'm surprised they actually didn't make more fillers for TB. I hope they won't degenerate the TB arc bye putting meaningless fillers between it. And I hope for sure we won't get a replay of what they did in the CP ark right after they jumped on the train. Don't want to see them rerun certain eps again.

Well can't wait till we get to the action parts.