AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Nodame Cantabile Pari-Hen [2nd Season] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=67419)

monir 2008-06-09 00:25

Nodame Cantabile Pari-Hen [2nd Season]

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/4200/8857bf9.jpg

Genre: Comedy, Musical, Romance

Expected Airing Date: Fall 2008

Animation Studio: ??

This is a sequel that is to take place in Paris. There is limited amount of information on the sequel as of yet, but to my understanding the main cast will remain the same. It's not yet clear if J.C. Staff will also head this project, but I sincerely hope they will. Any new viewers who hasn't seen the first season can check the opening post from the first season of Nodame Cantabile.

I'll update once more information becomes available. Feel free to share. :)

Last_Hope 2008-06-09 00:59

And this I didnīt know either. Damn what a great morning this turned out to be. :D :heh:

On before hand the biggest interest I have is how the two are planning to live. It would be fun to see them share an apartment or house or whatever. :)

qtipbrit 2008-06-09 01:36

God, now I have even more incentive to watch the first season.
The coming Fall season seems to be filled with epic win, though.

Westlo 2008-06-09 03:29

I've read about 4 volumes of this arc and it's been real good fun, I think I won't read anymore so I can be surprised by the anime though!

The Chaos 2008-06-09 03:40

ahh...When The Fall Gonna Come...:meh:
I Hope It Good Story Like The First Season :p

SeijiSensei 2008-06-09 07:04

I saw that graphic a week or so ago and noticed there's one new character in the upper-right corner. I'm guessing our tympanist will be finding true love on the streets of Paris. I'm also glad we'll be seeing more of the lovely Kiyora, though I always thought she could do better than Mine.

Gyabo!

Seditary 2008-06-09 08:50

Nah, that's Franz von Stresemann in the top right corner isn't it?

Can't wait to see Noda and Chiaki actually make some music together.

SeijiSensei 2008-06-09 08:57

I thought he looked too young to be Stresemann, but I guess you're right. I recalled him looking older in the first season. I am curious about how everyone ends up in Paris. Franz I can understand, but Mine, Kiyora, and Masumi were looking for work in Japan last I recall.

Westlo 2008-06-10 09:07

So I'm reading Omni's blog and he mentions this is only 11 episodes... I'm trying to think what would be a good stopping point but it has been awhile since I read those chapters.. I can't really think of anything that pops out as a good stopping point.. compared to the first season.

And Kon Chiaki (Higurashi series) is directing instead of Kasai Kenichi, as long as he sticks to the source I don't mind.

falloutgal 2008-06-10 10:34

Eh, 11 eps?! No way! I really hope that doesn't turn out to be true. Surely Nodame has a large enough audience to credit another full 24 ep season?

And also sad to hear that Kasai Kenichi won't be directing, he did such a good job on the 1st season and gave the series its own unique flair. Scared now, what's the new Nodame gonna be like? >.<

Vanehei 2008-06-10 11:34

I would be very very sad if they just make 11 episodes! come on , the Paris arc its long enough to have at least 23 as the first season!!!
And im kind of worried about the director changing... i hope that the new one can hold the timing because that is very important to the comedy.

rg4619 2008-06-10 12:22

The director also changed (seems to be somewhat common with J.C. Staff sequels) when they did Honey and Clover II, so I'm not surprised. We'll just have to wait and see if the new guy can do an equally good job.

kujoe 2008-06-10 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by rg4619
We'll just have to wait and see if the new guy can do an equally good job.

The first season was such a delight to watch. Here's hoping that the new guy will do just as good, if not better than Kasai Kenichi.

But eleven episodes? Can't they make it thirteen at least?

SeijiSensei 2008-06-10 16:29

If you look at the other Noitamina series, you'll see that 11-12 episodes is pretty much the norm. Honey & Clover I and Nodame Cantabile were the only series to have over 20 episodes; and H&C's sequel was only 12.

I'd agree that NC's strong ratings performance in all its incarnations might have suggested a longer run; I guess Fuji's just a bit more risk-averse, but then it's their money.

MrProphet 2008-06-11 03:24

Is this still a Noitamina show, though? If so, does it air after "Antique Bakery"?

Westlo 2008-06-11 03:38

Yeah, it's airing after Antique Bakery.

BleachOD 2008-06-12 12:34

*Pops in* Chiaki- Senpai! OMG I can't wait! I love this anime so much...it made me a manga devotee...
ohhh can't wait!
:hyper-^v^:

TinyRedLeaf 2008-06-12 12:47

Well, a shorter run would help cut the flab perhaps. I remembered growing bored of Nodame Cantible somewhere around the middle, after Stresseman returned to Europe. It only started picking up again for me towards the end, when Chiaki and Nodame became truly accomplished musicians. Too many episodes were wasted on the formation of the student orchestra, at the expense of developing important supporting characters like Mine, Kiyora and Masumi.

Presumably, the producers would have to put greater focus on Chiaki's and Nodame's growing relationship. They aren't quite lovers yet, and by all reports, Paris is where things start to happen. I'm looking forward to the next season. *gyabo* :)

kujoe 2008-06-12 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf (Post 1650122)
Well, a shorter run would help cut the flab perhaps. I remembered growing bored of Nodame Cantible somewhere around the middle, after Stresseman returned to Europe.

Well, that's because he's Stresseman. :heh: One could say that he contributes a significant chunk of the comedy for the entire series.

With the second season lasting 11 episodes (not counting possible specials), it does seem that there's an intention to cut out the excess flab and focus on the main points of the story. However with a brand new setting, I also hope that the anime won't go overboard with introducing new characters, since I'd rather see the old ones get more developed as well.

If I remember correctly, out of the original gang only Kiyora has plans of continuing her studies in Europe, so maybe Chiaki and Nodame will come across her during their stay there. Perhaps a few others plan to do something in Europe as well, but most of the original characters will be staying in Japan looking for other opportunities.

Undertaker 2008-06-12 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlo (Post 1645810)
So I'm reading Omni's blog and he mentions this is only 11 episodes... I'm trying to think what would be a good stopping point but it has been awhile since I read those chapters.. I can't really think of anything that pops out as a good stopping point.. compared to the first season.

And Kon Chiaki (Higurashi series) is directing instead of Kasai Kenichi, as long as he sticks to the source I don't mind.

For 11 episodes, I think the stopping point wtill be similar to where the Live Action TV special ends which would be....

Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by falloutgal (Post 1645935)
Eh, 11 eps?! No way! I really hope that doesn't turn out to be true. Surely Nodame has a large enough audience to credit another full 24 ep season?

And also sad to hear that Kasai Kenichi won't be directing, he did such a good job on the 1st season and gave the series its own unique flair. Scared now, what's the new Nodame gonna be like? >.<

The problem isn't the popularity, it has more to do with lack of source material. The manga is now at 20 volumes, granted the first season is only about first 9 volumes or so, but after they arrived to Paris, the series kind of opened up.

There were a lot more characters introduced, and they all got substential times while old characters that made it to Europe still got their turns to shine as well. In addtion, the story pace slows down on Nodame herself, so she became less of a focal point, and in some volumes, even to the point that it seems that she's the "minor" supporting character instead of the main character. The story only turn back to her recently around volume 18 or so. The storyflow has also being consistent and flows too seemlessly similar to NANA, there's really not many breaking points to stop.

Unless you want to see story suddenly ends prematurely and heavly tweaked, 11 episode will have to be enough for now.

I, for one, like it much better this way, god knows how many anime were messed up because they end it prematurely or can't find the right stopping points and ends up ruins the series.