AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Past Macross Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163)
-   -   Macross: Do You Remember Love (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=22628)

March 2009-02-04 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renaissance Otaku (Post 2197734)
I get that, and appreciate it, but I meant that it was that way even in the 'all zentran in english' track. It's the only scene like that on track 2, so it seems kind of odd.

Nice to see another MW-er on the board, Mr March. The version's on the main ASuki site.

Thank you Renaissance Otaku. I'll try it out later tonight.

getfresh 2009-02-07 06:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renaissance Otaku (Post 2197734)
I get that, and appreciate it, but I meant that it was that way even in the 'all zentran in english' track. It's the only scene like that on track 2, so it seems kind of odd.

Nice to see another MW-er on the board, Mr March. The version's on the main ASuki site.

Yeah I agree it is sorta strange, it was a choice I made in haste I guess. Live and learn they say ^^.

getfresh 2009-04-14 10:50

heh... the release we did just got rated a 3 on anidb for what reason I do not know. I'd like to hear what you guys rate it as cause that bothered me getting rated so low when I believe the quality of the release was the best to date.

strategos 2009-05-17 22:42

Doesn't Do you remember love has like an "sequel"? more like an alternative reality episode? has it even been release on fansub?

Tak 2009-05-17 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by strategos (Post 2401458)
Doesn't Do you remember love has like an "sequel"? more like an alternative reality episode? has it even been release on fansub?

Uh, do you mean Flashback 2012?

- Tak

CaptGloval 2009-05-18 03:56

If it's alternative reality, then maybe it's Macross II?

BetoJR 2009-05-18 04:25

Well, Macross II was originally intended/marketed to be a sequel to DYRL, wasn't it? Thank God that didn't pan out... :heh:

Urei 2009-05-18 06:54

It wasn't that bad :heh: I loved the idea of a female pilot. Sylvie was a nice character as well ;)

Tak 2009-05-18 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urei (Post 2402105)
It wasn't that bad :heh: I loved the idea of a female pilot. Sylvie was a nice character as well ;)

Yeah, Macross II introduced a few nice ideas, but they were too cliche and played out like a rip-off of DYRL. At the end, its lack of originality, overused script, and iffy production killed it.

- Tak

Urei 2009-05-18 08:26

Yeah, it started out quite good. It would've been much better if they actualy managed to turn it into a series.

strategos 2009-05-18 22:19

yeah, MAcross 2. Is that Ova still license? Is Macross Plus still license? Kind of hard of finding the old DVDS. Is MAcross original, still license as well?

Renaissance Otaku 2009-06-11 06:49

Macross II and Plus' licences belong to Manga still last I checked. Though Manga itself is basically dead outside of a holding for said licenses. The DVDs are still on eBay, Amazon and what not.

Harmony Gold has the license to the original, and probably always will.

The L-E got rated a 3? That is rather odd. I still haven't fully watched it myself, but do recommend it for those looking for suggestions. The last version I saw was the B-G at Fanime. Man, I forgot how truly awful that looked and was annoyed that they pulled the plug right at the ending.

Kikuchi 2009-06-15 16:32

Watched the L-E version too some time ago and thought it was perfect...

Translation spot-on and video/audio quality as good as the master allows it to be. I don't know how anyone could complain.

Renaissance Otaku 2009-06-16 01:07

Probably some bitterness or something.

Kaioshin Sama 2009-10-17 14:43

I regret to have to be the bearer of bad news but at least Kazuhiko could going out have composed one of the most legendary anime pieces of all time. This is really just kind of depressing.....and the day seemed like it was starting off so good for me again when I woke up. :sad:

Tak 2009-10-17 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama (Post 2712101)
I regret to have to be the bearer of bad news but at least Kazuhiko could going out have composed one of the most legendary anime pieces of all time. This is really just kind of depressing.....and the day seemed like it was starting off so good for me again when I woke up. :sad:

Words cannot properly describe my shock regarding the matter.

Now I am very interested in reading what he wrote just before this happened.

- Tak

DeX-kun 2009-10-17 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama (Post 2712101)

God rest his soul. Really depressing news, hopefully his family is handling this well.

Standy 2009-10-22 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetoJR (Post 2401918)
Well, Macross II was originally intended/marketed to be a sequel to DYRL, wasn't it? Thank God that didn't pan out... :heh:

http://thedarkestandy.net16.net/Yup.png

Tak 2009-10-22 16:25

Hmm, I noticed you are watching LoGH. Keep it up, sooner or later you will realize where Code Geass got most of its ideas from :p

- Tak

Standy 2009-10-23 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak (Post 2721969)
Hmm, I noticed you are watching LoGH. Keep it up, sooner or later you will realize where Code Geass got most of its ideas from :p

- Tak

I see, sounds interesting. I will keep on it then. :D