AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control (w/Kenji Nakamura) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=99848)

Schneizel 2010-12-17 16:56

C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control (w/Kenji Nakamura)

NO THREAD YET? I AM DISAPPOINT.

via ann
Quote:

Kōji Yamamoto, the head editor of Fuji TV's late-night timeslot Noitamina, revealed on his Twitter account on Friday that the latest original work from director Kenji Nakamura (Mononoke, Kūchū Buranko) will be the project C. Yamamoto also revealed the new project's website.

The Ustream website will stream an announcement event for Noitamina's 2011 lineup live on January 7, 2011.
website
text: [control] - the word that sets the future ablaze

:hyper-^v^: excited for original work + kenji nakamura

Pocari_Sweat 2010-12-17 17:06

Oh nice - notiamina anime original! Unfortunately, I never heard of Kenji Nakamura...

7Th 2010-12-17 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by acejem (Post 3396121)
Oh nice - notiamina anime original! Unfortunately, I never heard of Kenji Nakamura...

Really? Go and watch Mononoke and Trapeze now!

vaden 2010-12-17 17:59

Hm, do I smell a financial conspiracy show? It's got burning money and all the hidden words in the series logo (capital, conviction, conversion, collateral, credit... uh, and chocolate). I'm catching some of the Eden of the East similarities that the ANN commenters mentioned, too, except darker and grittier.

I love the visual aesthetic of the promo site; if the series keeps it up I'll definitely be following it.

Ravenblitz 2010-12-18 00:52

i wonder what's the plot of this one... I'll be following the progress of this too

Cash, Capital, Credit, Collateral, Conviction, Conversion and Chocolate how it connects? :heh:

seiftis 2010-12-18 01:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenblitz (Post 3396641)
Cash, Capital, Credit, Collateral, Conviction, Conversion and Chocolate how it connects? :heh:

err.. chocolate-making business? :uhoh:

Mononoke & Kūchū Buranko aren't my type, so this one will probably one of those noitaminA series I won't be watching.

applejuice 2010-12-18 02:46

The money of soul and possibility?

It's definitely chocolate.

wandering-dreamer 2010-12-18 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaden (Post 3396172)
Hm, do I smell a financial conspiracy show? It's got burning money and all the hidden words in the series logo (capital, conviction, conversion, collateral, credit... uh, and chocolate). I'm catching some of the Eden of the East similarities that the ANN commenters mentioned, too, except darker and grittier.

I still think the ad looks very Eden of the East-ish, despite some commenter over there going crazy over a couple of us mentioning it. o_O
Anyway, it's noitaminA so I at least want to try out the first episode (although I still need to see Mononoke and Trapeze). And I'm guessing this must be one of the spring shows then, can't wait for more info!

Shiroth 2010-12-18 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer (Post 3397373)
(although I still need to see Mononoke and Trapeze).

You really need to fix this. Especially Mononoke.

White Manju Bun 2010-12-18 16:00

Oh god...where do I do my happy dance for this?

applejuice 2010-12-20 19:12

[C] will be in April line up. It will be an original project based on Money and Future.
Animation Production: Tatsunoko Production
http://animation.blog.ocn.ne.jp/anim...0114_4f6f.html

Very exciting.

orion 2010-12-20 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenblitz (Post 3396641)
i wonder what's the plot of this one... I'll be following the progress of this too

A smuggling operation under the cover of a chocolate business?

j0x 2010-12-23 07:44

the one who directed Mononoke sure ill see this

wandering-dreamer 2011-01-07 12:39

The website has now updated with a trailer! I think you can skip through the website opening but if someone could translate the text there that would be awesome (the only thing I could understand was "money" over and over). Although I must say, I have no idea what this show is going to be about now after seeing that trailer. :heh:

MidnightReverie 2011-01-07 13:31

Staff
Director: Kenji Nakamura
Character Design: Mebae
Series composition and script: Takagi Noboru
Concept art design: Saitou Keiichi
Art: Kusanagi
Chief animation directors: Takashi Hashimoto and Akira Takada
Sound director: Nagasaki Yukio
Animation production: Tatsunoko production

Spoiler for Yoga Kimimaro & Mashu:

Okaay... this is what I understand from the plot:
Yago Kimimaro (19) studies economy at an university in a city. He dreams of an ordinary life, working as a civil servant and owning a home.
However, he meets a suspicious guy who claims to work for the "Midas bank", and that guy invites him to invest in the possibilities of his future by lending him money.

Something like that, but I bet someone can do better than me. :heh:

Tsuyukusa 2011-01-07 13:33

I wasn't excited about this when I first heard about it, but the website and trailer have changed mind. It looks incredible, I can't wait to see what becomes of it.

vaden 2011-01-07 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer (Post 3426894)
The website has now updated with a trailer! I think you can skip through the website opening but if someone could translate the text there that would be awesome (the only thing I could understand was "money" over and over). Although I must say, I have no idea what this show is going to be about now after seeing that trailer. :heh:

Here's a translation of the intro text (disclaimer of accuracy, etc.):

Quote:

しょせん金は金か、あるいはそれ以上のものか
Is money merely money, or might it be something greater?

お金がほしくないのですか?
Don't you desire money?

おまえ、真面目すぎんだよ。
    正直でメシは食えねえだろ?
You're too serious.
    Be honest — you can't make ends meet, can you?

金はあって困るものじゃない。
お金は必要だよ。
Having money is not a problem in itself.
Money is necessary.

現金の引き出しは自由。
    ただしあなたの将来を
        担保させていただく。
Withdrawing cash is freedom.
    But I will have you
        mortgage your future.

これは金融街への招待状です。さあ、いらっしゃいますか?
This is your invitation to the Financial District. Now, will you accept?

Mizuno 2011-01-07 16:45

That trailer has me sold. The delivery was pretty interesting.

jhefty 2011-01-08 20:51

Kanon 2011-01-09 09:15

This looks freaking awesome. Very excited about this.