AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Forum & Site Feedback (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Scavenger Hunt (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=117499)

Kudryavka 2013-01-21 16:42

Scavenger Hunt

Can we have another scavenger hunt? I can help run it. No prizes of course.

monir 2013-01-25 19:19

Have you thought about your opening post for the thread? If you've then go nuts.

Kudryavka 2013-01-25 19:21

Huh??

Dude nobody gonna play if I do it. I need Nightwish or someone like that

NoemiChan 2013-01-25 19:58

I think, its better to have a prize. But I can't think of anything that is not illegal... LOLS

Kudryavka 2013-01-25 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenjiChan (Post 4527948)
I think, its better to have a prize. But I can't think of anything that is not illegal... LOLS

Last time we had rep points and money. But rep is gone now and i dont know if money will be ok again.

Maybe prize can be Mod for a Day or something.

monster 2013-01-25 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kudryavka (Post 4527965)
Maybe prize can be Mod for a Day

Uh, please, no.

Personally, I'll still play it even if there's no prize. Riddles and puzzles are fun, though I'm bad at it.

NoemiChan 2013-01-25 23:48

Quote:

Not bad.....:D

Kudryavka 2013-01-26 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 4528166)
Uh, please, no.

Personally, I'll still play it even if there's no prize. Riddles and puzzles are fun, though I'm bad at it.

Thanks.

But we also need advertising, and I think an admin has to do that. Like a mass PM like last time.

Kudryavka 2013-01-26 16:13

Well Im gonna do the hunt by myself b/c otherwise its not gonna get done. Lets hope it doesnt die before the end. No prizes atm.

Itll be like last time. I post a riddle, the first to solve it wins a point and makes up the next riddle. 20 questions total. If youre game come see me in the thread in http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=117583. Hoping a mod will sticky it.

Haiprbim 2013-03-07 13:38

Quote:

I don't know yet about these forums, but I'm an active member on quite a lot of other forums and on them, Moderator status is given only to the most trustworthy and those usually don't use it for showoff, which your comment suggested on.
But I do agree with the part of who creates a thread, that is crucial for people to participate, or to even check the thread out in the first place, although it would have the same meaning/focus if created by a random member.
Sorry for a late response, hehe.

NightWish 2013-03-09 14:46

Quote:

I've stuck your thread to make it more obvious/demonstrate my support for it, but you can forget about using staff membership (even for a day) as a prize, that simply will not happen.

Yes rep has gone, and you'd need someone with money to offer a cash a prize, but I'm open to hearing other suggestions, even if they required something more formal from me... just need to apply a little creative thinking. ;)

monster 2013-03-09 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWish (Post 4584413)
I've stuck your thread

What did you do? I didn't see any change.

EDIT: Ah, I see, you meant the other thread, silly me.

Ledgem 2013-03-09 19:24

Quote:

Yes rep has gone, and you'd need someone with money to offer a cash a prize, but I'm open to hearing other suggestions, even if they required something more formal me... just need to apply a little creative thinking. ;)

How about a stylized/colored user title? I think it's possible to do this for normal members. I could imagine that it would cause some confusion with people wondering why one person's title was unique (and it has the potential to inundate staff with some questions about how people can get it too...), but otherwise it would be a cute way to make someone feel special for their accomplishment.

NightWish 2013-03-10 17:22

I would have no objections to that; we've done it in the past for various users and for various reasons. The exact nature of the style/colour would need to be agreed with the other staff, but in principle I would support it. I'd even be happy to let the winner choose, subject to approval.

milan kyuubi 2013-03-11 15:28

Quote:

but you can forget about using staff membership (even for a day) as a prize, that simply will not happen.

How about something in the middle? :)

The winner doesn't get any mod powers (deleting/editing/banning etc powers). But gets to see the secret mod forum/threads (for a month or so)? Something like see behind the curtain. :D See what the staff are doing. ;) That is if you don't have anything to hide :heh:

Suomi 2013-03-12 00:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by milan kyuubi (Post 4586988)

The winner doesn't get any mod powers (deleting/editing/banning etc powers). But gets to see the secret mod forum/threads (for a month or so)? Something like see behind the curtain. :D See what the staff are doing. ;) That is if you don't have anything to hide :heh:

That sounds like a bad idea...I feel like giving moderator anything to an ordinary member just for winning a scavenger hunt is way too much. Maybe just an award donated by a couple graphic designers, eg a sig and ava set or something? I also like the colored user title, maybe like "scavenger hunt winner" line added beneath their ava or something?
I'd do a sig/ava set for the winner. I think mod stuff is just something to stay far away from. A moderator is a moderator has access to moderator stuff and powers, and no one else.

Solace 2013-03-12 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by milan kyuubi (Post 4586988)

The secret mod forum is where we chain monir until we need to unleash him on unsuspecting members. Sometimes he escapes, but we lure him back with the promise of raunchy pictures. :p

And those pictures....the horror, the horror! :twitch:

Marcus H. 2013-03-12 22:35

It's unfortunate that after the SOTM, even the Scavenger Hunt failed to get the community to participate.
Honestly, I think the community is too busy in their respective subforums or simply uninterested to join these contests. It may sound dismal, but it's the truth.

Reckoner 2013-03-13 02:24

Last time Nightwish organized it and gave reputation as an award to the winner, so it provided an incentive for people to play and be competitive. There's no visible reason here for people to join in quite yet.