AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Busō Shinki (TV) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112456)

MisaoFan 2012-05-24 15:26

Busō Shinki (TV)

Original creator : Konami
Original character design : Humikane Sanada
Director : Yasuhito Kikuchi
Series' Script Editor : Masahiro Yokotani
Character Designer : Takahiro Kishida
Chief Animation Director : Ryouma Ebata
Animation Production : 8-Bit
Plot summary : The slice-of-life battle story is set in a future that has neither World War III nor an alien invasion — just an ordinary future set after our current age. In this world, robots are part of everyday life, and they contribute in various aspects of society. "Shinki" are 15-centimeter-tall (about 6-inch-tall) cute partners made to assist humans. Equipped with intelligence and emotions, they devote themselves to serving their "Masters."

These Shinki can even be equipped with weapons and armor to fight each other. Such Shinki are named "Busou Shinki" (literally, "armed divine princesses"). In particular, the Senki Ann (Arnval), Aines (Altines), and Rane (Altrane) serve a high school freshman named Masato. Things change when a new Senki, the bellicose Staarf, joins them.

Note : The figure line inspired the first Busō Shinki Battle Masters PSP action-adventure game, which shipped in Japan in 2010. The figure line's second video game, Busou Shinki Battle Masters Mk. 2, debuted last year.

EagleBlue 2012-05-24 16:22

The short series was interesting. I wonder if still will be like Angelic Layer.

Mura 2012-05-24 17:13

I really liked Moon Angel so I hope this will be just as good.

LoweGear 2012-05-25 02:27

BUSOU SHINKI'S GETTING A TV ANIME?!?!?! :eek::eek::eek:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...7027083112.png

ANN Link to news btw

OceanBlue 2012-05-25 02:30

I'm interested in seeing how 8-bit handles it. They (and Media Factory) found a big hit in IS. I wonder if this one will be similarly successful.

LoweGear 2012-05-25 02:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by OceanBlue (Post 4175163)
I'm interested in seeing how 8-bit handles it. They (and Media Factory) found a big hit in IS. I wonder if this one will be similarly successful.

Well, Busou Shinki already has a massive fanbase due to the action figures and games. The TV Anime can probably coast by just by brand-name recognition at all.

This anime would be a great gateway into the Busou Shinki franchise though. :)

Also, have some Character Design sketches for the four main Shinkis

OceanBlue 2012-05-25 02:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 4175171)
Well, Busou Shinki already has a massive fanbase due to the action figures and games. The TV Anime can probably coast by just by brand-name recognition at all.

Sounds good to me. I know nothing about the series :heh:. Mecha musume series usually do well. That with its apparent popularity make for a pretty good combination.

As for me, they have really cute designs, and the idea of 6-inch androids is pretty appealing too. I'm also interested in seeing how they explore the setting, as it's apparently a slice of life. The different ways an author can approach the integration of sentient robots in society is always interesting. I'll definitely give it a try when it airs.

LoweGear 2012-05-25 03:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by OceanBlue (Post 4175183)
As for me, they have really cute designs, and the idea of 6-inch androids is pretty appealing too. I'm also interested in seeing how they explore the setting, as it's apparently a slice of life. The different ways an author can approach the integration of sentient robots in society is always interesting. I'll definitely give it a try when it airs.

I always imagined it as something like Angelic Layer, which would be a good comparison given that both have focus on miniature robot battle dolls :heh:

Here's a pic to get a good idea of what to expect from the designs:

http://i.imgur.com/11X68l.jpg

One thing that I realized is that the VA for Busou Shinki is consistent across media. Which means we can expect the following VA casting for the TV anime:

Arnval: Asumi Kana
Altines: Mizuhashi Kaori
Altrane (Altlene): Nakajima Megumi
Strarf: Chihara Minori

All star cast :D

Patriot's Blade 2012-05-25 05:48

is it ok to tap dance on the ceiling fan while it spins upon hearing this news? :heh:

pocket-sized battle bots go!!!

Flower 2012-05-26 12:18

Hmm ... I also liked the short series. Will keep my eye out for this one....

Shimapan 2012-05-26 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 4175171)

Those look pretty good :D
Looks like this is going to be interesting.

Kaihan 2012-05-29 11:17

This is great news for me, I enjoyed the short series and was hoping for more. Been looking for an anime similar to Angelic Layer and I think this is the closest to that show.

Patriot's Blade 2012-05-29 12:52

Clamp's Angelic Layer aside, i think it would be hilarious if somebody did a Toy Story crossover, with Buzz totally puzzled to death by their existance & compared to the NORMAL toys cast, they're pretty much confirmed to be official LIVING toys known to the public soul, which the NORMAL toys rant about...... :heh:

& oh, don't forget Prawles Sanshiro series & the Toy Soldiers movie.....

Bonta Kun 2012-05-29 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. (Post 4182356)
Clamp's Angelic Layer aside, i think it would be hilarious if somebody did a Toy Story crossover, with Buzz totally puzzled to death by their existance & compared to the NORMAL toys cast, they're pretty much confirmed to be official LIVING toys known to the public soul, which the NORMAL toys rant about...... :heh:

& oh, don't forget Prawles Sanshiro series & the Toy Soldiers movie.....

Theres never enough east meets west stories and Toy Story and co(it's Small Soldiers btw) meeting the east's mini mecha musumes, oh the win in that is too much!:D

Patriot's Blade 2012-05-29 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 4182392)
Theres never enough east meets west stories and Toy Story and co(it's Small Soldiers btw) meeting the east's mini mecha musumes, oh the win in that is too much!:D

oops!.... oh i mean Small Soldiers not toy soldiers, i must've confused it with the Little Tin Soldiers & its variations & a certain Eminem song.....

AdamEndless9 2012-08-12 14:06

The renewed official site: http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/busou/index-j.html
PV 3 shown at Comiket

Better video of PV 3 & 2

LoweGear 2012-08-12 14:27

FINALLY, SOME NEWS :eek:

The Shinki's faces look odd at some points, but otherwise the animation does look to be similar to the OVA, which is fantastic, especially with the fight scenes. :)

Kaihan 2012-08-13 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 4302046)
FINALLY, SOME NEWS :eek:

2 months? :heh:
PV looked great, was much more than I expected.

wavehawk 2012-08-13 05:45

Nakajima Megumi as Altrene? COUNT ME IN!

Patriot's Blade 2012-08-13 11:27

why do one of the scenes in pv 2 & 3 look somewhat wrong? no i mean not the animation quality, its the uh...... unintentional you know what parts..... :uhoh: