AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Full Metal Panic Novel Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=33290)

HunterSeeker 2007-06-14 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by yaaa (Post 992979)
Halloo HunterSeeker I always read your summary. My opinion not meaning to be rude I think Gatoh may be in term oh Hibernation... Bear Hibernation actually:D maybe he just look for a track to satisfy all his maniac fans ;)

He is. Considering that long before he can release another novel WITHOUT on DM, he has to write something to satisfy us.;)

HunterSeeker 2007-06-14 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by krysinello (Post 993220)
I was right, CMMD new chapter you mean :S or is that finished and I'm totally lost....

MMD was finished. (Check times around February/March, I already write spoilers for that)
What I write about is a totally new chapter (and probably final) chapter of FMP will release in September.

krysinello 2007-06-14 00:29

ok, whats the new book called then, I have only seen things up to MMD. Or hasnt the new title been revealed?

HunterSeeker 2007-06-14 00:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by krysinello (Post 993247)
ok, whats the new book called then, I have only seen things up to MMD. Or hasnt the new title been revealed?

Not yet revealed.

krysinello 2007-06-14 00:39

Ok so I haven't heard any news cause no chapter have been released cause DM arn't doing it this time, thought I was losing it back there. Thanks for clearning it up for me.

Masanori Ota 2007-06-14 10:07

Thread > 2000. Awesome work guys.

Last chapter in September, eh? Guess I'll have to split my free time between Halo 3 and that. :l

TigerII 2007-06-14 10:15

Yay and boo. Yay the story is almost over, boo the story is almost over.

Meatrose 2007-06-14 11:23

Hehe Tiger... I kinda feel the same way to be honest. It's not that I want the story to end, but at the same time I'm really looking forward to it. Closure is the most underestimated thing ever in the world of anime. (Okay, we're not talking anime, but you know what I mean at least ^^)

Leeloo 2007-06-14 11:51

Yup the end is what ?most? of us are looking forward to(or at least me). IMO the story so far is long just enough. What I'm thrilled about is how it's gonna end. Starting in Sept and how many chaps? probably more than 5 ts ts doesn't look that good. We won't manage it before Christmas or maybe we will get it as a christmas present. I hope so.

TigerII 2007-06-14 12:59

Well I have been following FMP since 2002. Its been many years(Almost a decade for the novels). I want the ending, but then that means no more. Hopefully the stories from the author after FMP will also be good. But with this pattern, if he starts a new story in 08...lol 2018 will be when it is over,lol.

Missilebuster 2007-06-14 16:57

i think this will be the last book as far as action and heavy plotline goes. He might do some fun ones after its all over.

krysinello 2007-06-14 19:59

"Yay its over, boo its over", I agree with that. I am actually trying to learn Japanese just so I can somewhat read these books.

I just hope that it is all animated though. Be interesting to see how they do it, each book in 6 eps perhaps and have DVMC as an OVA series?

Either way, I can't wait to find out how it all ends, any theories. If either Sousuke or Kaname die, I'll be devastated. I don't care if the rest of the world dies just aslong as those too are alive.

TigerII 2007-06-14 20:09

^^^ Eh, this was a big debate for probably 20-30 pages if you loook back about 10 pages or so. We all put in our opinions and reasons, Hunterseeker typing up essays..lol. You know I still love you Hunter.

krysinello 2007-06-14 20:50

oh well I'm new and too many pages to go back. Well don't worry about it if you dont want to.

I thought of something about the Arbelest and Sousuke. Back a few pages, when we were discussing Sousuke's whispered potential, about why send the arbelest to Sousuke, I got caught out in "the ballistic missile is faster". However, when Kurts M9 got incapacitated, Mithril destroyed it without a second thought to the pilot. So, if they care about the machines more then their pilots, why send a machine more valuable then the M9's, out into enemy territory unless they needed Sousuke to pilot it. I mean if Sousuke hadn't got to it, they'd have to have it destoryed anyways. It wouldn't be worth the risk.

However you may say to protect Kaname. Well the thing is, Sousuke was told not to go after Kaname, they held the life of the students above her single life, also I don't believe the enemy would be allowed to kill her, so why send the Arbelist, if the risk was great that they'd have to destory it anyways, unless they actually needed Sousuke to pilot it?

BTW, I'm not saying he is a whispered, I'm saying he might be one of a few people who have the ability to operate the Lambda driver without some performance enhancing drug.

Masanori Ota 2007-06-14 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missilebuster (Post 994342)
i think this will be the last book as far as action and heavy plotline goes. He might do some fun ones after its all over.

That's what I'm hoping for. Gatoh has got to know he's got a proven moneymaker on his hands. If he's ever in financial trouble, he could whip up a new funnybook and send his fans into a frenzy. :rolleyes:

masterwok 2007-06-14 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by krysinello (Post 994582)
oh well I'm new and too many pages to go back. Well don't worry about it if you dont want to.

I thought of something about the Arbelest and Sousuke. Back a few pages, when we were discussing Sousuke's whispered potential, about why send the arbelest to Sousuke, I got caught out in "the ballistic missile is faster". However, when Kurts M9 got incapacitated, Mithril destroyed it without a second thought to the pilot. So, if they care about the machines more then their pilots, why send a machine more valuable then the M9's, out into enemy territory unless they needed Sousuke to pilot it. I mean if Sousuke hadn't got to it, they'd have to have it destoryed anyways. It wouldn't be worth the risk.

However you may say to protect Kaname. Well the thing is, Sousuke was told not to go after Kaname, they held the life of the students above her single life, also I don't believe the enemy would be allowed to kill her, so why send the Arbelist, if the risk was great that they'd have to destory it anyways, unless they actually needed Sousuke to pilot it?

BTW, I'm not saying he is a whispered, I'm saying he might be one of a few people who have the ability to operate the Lambda driver without some performance enhancing drug.

well each mithril character has an id so they cant access any of there machines unless they have there id and i think voice, unless they hack in which will take a longer time.

krysinello 2007-06-14 23:52

Well why have it set just for Sousuke then, if any person could pilot it then they could of set it for Mao. It might of taken longer but there would be less chance for it to be captured.

Another thing is Kaname's resonance with Nami. Kaname suspected something different though Nami said otherwise. It wasn't mentioned before that Sousuke might be different so it could be a clue, maybe Nami protecting Sousuke? Also what nami was saying wasn't clear.

FrostWolf 2007-06-15 03:42

The reason no one can pilot the Arbalest but Souske is because the Arbalest fitted his brain waves, it matched him so no one else can pilot it but him

P.S as long as Gatoh finishes FMP well thats all I'm worried about. Not that I'm doubting him btw

krysinello 2007-06-15 05:59

I guess but that could lead towards a bit more of a story arc though, I wouldn't be shocked anyhow.

Gatoh better finish it on a good note or I wont be happy. If Sousuke and Kaname don't make it through then it's, imo kind of a wasted tale.

HunterSeeker 2007-06-15 06:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by krysinello (Post 994785)
Another thing is Kaname's resonance with Nami. Kaname suspected something different though Nami said otherwise. It wasn't mentioned before that Sousuke might be different so it could be a clue, maybe Nami protecting Sousuke? Also what nami was saying wasn't clear.

Spoiler for my crappy translation about the conversation near the end of BOMF:

About the "type of ending" issue, I seriously hope you can read from about page 40 (if 50 posts per page). We've already discussed that before.