AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [Seeking]Slice of Life, Romance, Mature - Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=103352)

User68604 2011-04-12 22:53

[Seeking]Slice of Life, Romance, Mature - Manga

I just finished reading my first ever manga, Ichigo 100% in its entirety. Marathoned it in roughly 10-12 hours...and loved it (albeit disagreeing with the ending).

On the surface, it was a school harem drama romance, but underneath that was alot of slice of life elements and mature themes in regards to a boy becoming a man.

Im looking for something that goes along that theme, seeing as Im 23 and now in the working world :P I related alot of my past experiences to Manaka growing up through high school, so I'd love to find something similar.

jedinat 2011-04-12 23:26

Erm... wasn't expecting that request looking at you topic title, lol... From what I remember Ichigo 100% was one of those typical ecchi love triangle stories (which I usually loath) and I dropped the anime and manga years and years ago.

Onani Master Kurosawa is about a middle school boy, and it is definitely deeper than it might appear at the beginning. The protagonist goes through some real development and growth... not really a romance manga though there is a little of that towards the end.

User68604 2011-04-13 00:08

^ thanks, that actually looks very good and has received solid reviews... Definitely going to check that out right now

any romance suggestions though?

jedinat 2011-04-13 00:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by recover (Post 3568891)
any romance suggestions though?

I hesitate to suggest my favorite romance manga, because they are mostly shoujo... There's a lot of good shounen/seinen stories with romantic subbplots, but most of the actual shounen romances I cannot stand... on account of the love triangles and lack of... progress.

I guess I rather liked Unbalance x 2 (though it's still ongoing).
And Parallel was decent simply because it didn't go on forever.

JRendell 2011-04-13 14:22

If you liked Ichigo 100%, then you'll love Ane Doki!. Same author/artist, and is far better in my opinion.

Here's a link to Kawashita-sans works.

Kleo Scanti 2011-04-13 14:53

Ah! My Goddess! maybe? It is a romance and a slice of life, and the male lead starts as a college student and then graduates and enters the adult life of a working man. The manga is still unfinished though.

germanturkey 2011-04-13 15:21

Honey and Clover

User68604 2011-04-13 18:23

Finished Onani, was a good manga and decent Slice of life

cant say i could relate too much to it though :P So it was hard for me to really get immersed

I will try out Ane Doki though!

Maybe H&C, but I really didnt like the anime...it was too..laid back for me

AnimeFangirl 2011-04-14 07:35

Mature slice-of-life romance = Victorian Romance Emma.

Sackett 2011-04-16 00:49

Maison Ikkoku

FlavorOfLife 2011-04-16 09:24

Second Maison Ikkoku. It follows the male lead into his work life. However it is long 96 eps and its much older so the animation may not be as interesting. The story works well though

tatoearashiga 2011-05-31 00:15

Suzuka
GE
Kimi no Iru Machi
School Days

Clannad
Air
Kanon

Love Hina
Honey and Clover- im bored with this though..

HasuMasu 2011-05-31 00:35

*ahem* okay, here are the standard slice-of-life/romance recommendations:

(warning though, these are very lighthearted and laid-back)

berserk
wolf's rain
higurashi no naku koro ni
higanbana no saku yoru ni
elfen lied
neon genesis evangelion

jk

clannad has a manga, how 'bout that? :heh:

tomphile 2011-05-31 03:37

Hm, a romantic anime with slice of life elements... let's see...

There's Hatsukoi Limited (same author)
Ane Doki
Suzuka
Kimi no Iru Machi
True Tears (it's an anime, so I don't know if it counts)

And though this isn't mature by any means, I still think this is a good series: School Rumble.