AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fansub Groups (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The generic "Who is going to fansub this series" thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=18288)

LArSON 2004-08-04 02:31

The generic "Who is going to fansub this series" thread

Is there any group willing to sub this? It's just one ep...
The RAW it's allready available in torrent (darn 120fps encodes :heh: )

clem-kun 2004-08-04 11:38

Shi-Fa is considering it... it seems like an interesting futuristic OVA, being very different from anything I've seen before. :) I like it.

Mr_Paper 2004-08-04 12:45

It's about a baseball playing andriod maid...

/me notices the fanservice potentiometer spike to the redzone.

Which could only imply a mindless fanservice based OVA.

mayukhers112 2004-08-12 14:46

Ooh! I saw screens for this at Momotato Daioh, and this looks cute! I hope this doesn't have too much fanservice.... :o Is it magical girl? hehe, :heh:

suguru 2004-08-12 22:45

I don't think it has too much fanservice--all the screencaps I've seen of it would be rated PG (and when there's fanservice, it's usually the first thing to get screencapped...). It sounds like a decent OVA, about a baseball team that gets a Multi-like android to help them win a big game. Hopefully someone picks it up to fansub or it gets licensed (although for a one-shot OVA, R1 DVD is probably asking a lot...).

Although having said there's not much fanservice, Azusa is a little more payo payo than Multi:

http://cynthia.yoko.ne.jp/nowanime/i...58744_0002.jpg

Naruko 2004-08-13 18:42

Anyone thinking of Subbing Angelium

Was just woundering if any groups out there where intrested in subbiing Angelium it sounded a little strange but something that would probly be good for a laugh and good to watch. I like all Anime even if its a Little Wierd, variety is the spice of life after all. Ya gotta try everything even if you dont like it someone else might.:naughty:

boneyjellyfish 2004-08-13 18:56

Genre: Mature?

Uhh... I don't think too many groups are interested in doing an adult anime series.

Naruko 2004-08-13 19:41

was it i didnt notice that my mistake. then plz close this thread.

crumja 2004-08-13 23:43

Actually, there are many groups that do. What's more, the popular mainstream groups often have H divisions that sub mature stuff. I'm sure your request will be considered.

Uska 2004-08-14 01:50

that actually looks pretty cool. lol

llama 2004-08-20 13:41

Tonde Buurin Bu

Has anyone ever heard of Tonde Buurin Bu before? As far as I know it's not currently being fansubbed. Actually, there doesn't seem to be much of anything on it. (I only got about 30 results for it on google.) It looks like it's a spoof on Sailor Moon only the girl turns into a pig. :heh: Anyway, I thought it looked somewhat amusing and wondered if there's any chance of it being subbed.

xris 2004-08-20 14:06

SachiGumi used to offer something like the first 8 episodes on video tape. Or at least last time I looked they did, their site doesn't seem to be working at the moment. Don't think I've seen then available for download.

If you look around some of the sites, such as AniDB, AnimeNfo and ANN, you get some summaries of it.

Certainly Magical Girl genre, as you say, the heroine turns into a pig (but at least a Magical Super Pig...)

kuru 2004-08-20 14:12

Yes, I've seen the entire series. BTW, the name is only Tonde Buurin without that final "bu".

You google search will find many more hits if you try it without that "bu" or using Tonde Boorin or Super Pig. The best page seems to be this. Hitoshi Doi's site should also be consulted.

Super Pig is the name that was used when the series was shown in several different countries. The interesting thing is that distribution was done by Saban, using an adaptation made for the series to be shown in the USA. For instance, all the characters have american names. Kokubu Karin became Kassie Carlen :upset: What else could you expect from Saban ? An American dub was produced but, as far as I know, it wasn't never shown in the USA, but Fox Kids has shown it (using the Saban version) in several European and Latin American countries.

I don't know of anyone fansubbing it these days, but the 12 first episodes were fansubbed on tape in the past, by Blackdeath Studios. Groupe Virelai lists it as a future project.
You can get the fansubs on tape (and maybe on DVD) from Mokkori Ippai.

It's a great series and it would be a nice project for any group.

And it isn't a Sailor Moon spoof. Why people need to think every magical girl show is a Sailor Moon clone ? Magical Girls shows existed long before Sailor Moon was created.

TaMz 2004-08-20 15:16

saw this on a polish (poland) channel once...
seemt very funny... too bad I didn't understand polish...

Access 2004-08-20 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by llama
Has anyone ever heard of Tonde Buurin Bu before? As far as I know it's not currently being fansubbed. Actually, there doesn't seem to be much of anything on it. (I only got about 30 results for it on google.) It looks like it's a spoof on Sailor Moon only the girl turns into a pig. :heh: Anyway, I thought it looked somewhat amusing and wondered if there's any chance of it being subbed.

Yes I've got most of it on DVD, it's a great series. Quite scary though, too much for most groups to even touch it. A lot of the in-jokes are japanese word play and puns. I'd make VHS caps except the tape is in even worse shape the the chou kuse ni narisou stuffs, blackdeath was an orphaned group so none of the tapes were particularly good. Part parody (superhero, sentai, other genres) and all mahoushoujo (magical girl).

llama 2004-08-20 16:34

Ok. Thanks for all the information everyone! I'll have to check into all that stuff. :)

Guido 2004-08-20 17:45

I think "Tonde Buurin" has been licensed for a while and has an english dub.

xris 2004-08-20 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guido
I think "Tonde Buurin" has been licensed for a while and has an english dub.

Well, as kuru stated in the above post, Saban did produce an English dub for this (look at the link I provided above for the entiry in ANN, they list the English voice cast).

So it seems to be in a bit of a grey region. While it may not have been shown in America, it may have had a TV release in an English speaking country. Not aware it has been shown in the U.K. If we (AnimeSuki) would consider if licensed or not is unsure.

Do you have more info as to an English release?

kuru 2004-08-20 18:23

2 VHS covers for those who have no idea what Tonde Buurin looks like:

http://img145.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/u...0925449041.jpg

http://img141.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/u...0925456871.jpg

babbito2k 2004-08-20 19:42

The full name of the show is Ai to Yuuki no Pig Girl Tonde Buurin, as it says right on the tape covers. I saw a few episodes. Karin, the main character, is awfully cute - one of the gimmicks of the show is that she is rather embarrassed about changing into a fat pink pig. A boy she really likes becomes a huge fan of Buurin (of course!). The best episode I saw featured women wrestlers.

I think the English dubs of the show were for the Phillipines.