AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Nazo no Kanojo X (My Mysterious Girlfriend X) [manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=56943)

UPR 2007-10-27 18:36

Nazo no Kanojo X (My Mysterious Girlfriend X) [manga]

One day, a strange transfer student appears before Tsubaki. Urabe Mikoto is an antisocial girl, whose hobby is just sleeping during class-breaks. One day, Tsubaki goes to wake her up and accidentally tastes her drool... And gets hooked on that!

After that, he starts going out with her and gets to know her better. Her second hobby, as it turns out, is carrying around scissors in her panties and cutting paper into flowers

Really good manga. It's something that I have never really seen before. I really recommend this for anyone that likes romance/school life/seinen/supernatural genre.

Well it starts from Chapter 0. Chapter 0 and Chapter 1 have been translated.

Zanshun 2007-12-01 10:55

Figured I'd give this a bump.

Started reading the manga after reading its recommendation over at That blog and I am hooked, its definitely one of my favorite mangas now as each chapter has me pleasantly confused and satisfied. Its been scanlated up to the third chapter in volume 2 and Eval Powar does a tremendously great job. Its offbeat but so are mangas about bread making and go, if its good its good.

Samatarou 2007-12-01 19:19

I'm amazed that no-one much seems to be into this manga, maybe it's gone under people's radar, or maybe people don't like the saliva eating? But when you think about it, that's what's basically happening when you kiss, all she's done is reduce kissing to the underlying exchange of bodily fluids that takes place when you stick your tongue someone's mouth!

I originally read the short story a couple of years ago, I was glad when it got picked up to be a full serial, and now finally the scanlations are rolling. So far the story hasn't lost any of its original edge, I was afraid it might descend into something more normal but not so far.

LCeh 2007-12-01 19:30

A great "out there" manga. It's very unpredictable, it has some funny moments, and even some heart-warming ones on some occasions. Definitely keeping an eye on this one.

serenade_beta 2007-12-01 19:43

This manga was just as I would expect from the same person that drew "Yume Tsukai".

Twisted, strange, etc.

My opinion so far - Mmm...

Weird/Unique
It's not the greatest
It's okay to read
I'd stay away from people in the manga, especially Urabe...

Nintendo 2007-12-01 22:24

manga is pretty good. i like it.

Supah Em 2008-01-10 12:20

i've just recently picked this series up and....

what the hell? its very very weird, odd plot i'd say but for some reason it got me hooked

it also seems that this wouldnt be the type of manga that i'd be interested in

ironbomb 2008-01-10 18:30

goood manga...I am currently following it and still awaiting to find out what is the 'inappropriate" things they are gonna be doing from now on lol...

ellifeedn 2008-03-04 15:47

I read the chapters and I found the character designs nice and the plot sweet. I can't wait for v3, which came out a few weeks ago:).

Supah Em 2008-03-04 21:34

anyone picking this series up?

Irenicus 2008-03-04 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by supahem (Post 1440204)
anyone picking this series up?

On recommendation from a kind person in a thread from the Suggestions forum that I made, I took a little sneak peek at it. Just a little, about, err, 2 volumes. :)

Fun stuff. Weird (amazing how much saliva reveals about a person, huh), but fun. The kind of manga I like: unique but well-crafted.

Supah Em 2008-03-05 00:12

haha i already know that, but thanks for the insight anyways

what i meant by my post is that are there any groups scanlating vol. 3?

havent heard from the last group

Irenicus 2008-03-05 00:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by supahem (Post 1440486)
what i meant by my post is that are there any groups scanlating vol. 3?

havent heard from the last group

Volume 3 came out only about two weeks ago I think. I'll wait a while before I go to the scanlators' site for a little knock on the door. :D

ZODDGUTS 2008-03-05 01:01

Been checking out this manga since that oneshot came out over a year ago really liked it. Love it when Urabe cuts things next to Tsubaki. Really laughed when Urabe said she wasn't going to wear a toy on her head after she had read Tsubaki thoughts. :heh:

Westlo 2008-03-05 09:21

I read all the scans out a few weeks back, was meaning to revive this thread but was too lazy to search for it :\ Anyway it's a pretty good series, I'm surprised it's not more popular over here...

ellifeedn 2008-03-27 17:40

Just read chapter 13. They were soooo close. Stupid rain:mad:.

LCeh 2008-03-27 17:50

Haha, bittersweet. This manga can be so deep at times.

Supah Em 2008-03-29 20:04

and i thought they were gonna make some huge progress!

ellifeedn 2008-04-01 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by supahem (Post 1496589)
and i thought they were gonna make some huge progress!

2 more chapters and they were close to making progress. Seems that names are an important thing in a growing relationship.

LCeh 2008-04-01 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellifeedn (Post 1504786)
2 more chapters and they were close to making progress. Seems that names are an important thing in a growing relationship.

It is. In Japan you don't call other people's first name unless you are really close. ;)