AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fate/ Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Fate/Hollow Ataraxia - Translation Project (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=89844)

Kanon 2014-11-27 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levani (Post 5351214)
I'm not really interested in slice of life, that's the part I dislike about the original VN and feel like there are way too many of it. Does this VN have the equal amount of slice of life?

I'd say 90% of it is slice of life. HOWEVER, the majority of the slice of life scenes are optionals. The game actually points out to you which scenes are required in order to advance. If you're only interested in the story, all you'll need to do is read the scenes with a "!", and there aren't that many of them as far as I recall.

magnuskn 2014-11-27 13:56

BTW, since people are looking at this thread again, I'll also ask again: Anybody know if this "Winchester incident", which brought everybody back to life, was detailed somewhere outside of Fate/Hollow Ataraxia? It gets only a few sentences there, but it sounds like such a major event, I'd love to see it in detail.

JustThisOne 2014-11-28 01:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnuskn (Post 5351400)
BTW, since people are looking at this thread again, I'll also ask again: Anybody know if this "Winchester incident", which brought everybody back to life, was detailed somewhere outside of Fate/Hollow Ataraxia? It gets only a few sentences there, but it sounds like such a major event, I'd love to see it in detail.

Nothing major, it was just Rin screwing up in a experiment and 2nd magic BS happened which led to the events of Hollow Ataraxia. Just a few sentences in the first opening hours of the game.

magnuskn 2014-11-28 02:52

Well, damn. It sounded like a really cool event, would have been nice to see it written out in detail.

Hm, btw., are the servants canonically supposed to have returned and stayed around after the events of the game? I must admit that I am a bit shaky on how canonical this entire game is to the universe, anyway.

Rising Dragon 2014-11-28 02:56

Once you complete the game, it'll all become clear.

magnuskn 2014-11-28 03:09

I did and I am still confused.

Spoiler for Game ending:

It's pretty confusing.

BloodyKitty 2014-11-28 23:53

Fate/Hollow Ataraxia PS Vita OPs

I love Fate and I love Aimer (the singer of both OPs). Having them both in ufotable's animation is like a dream I've never realized I wanted getting fulfilled.

Levani 2014-11-29 06:23

Is...that... little Gil?

Rev Okkin 2014-11-29 06:31

The one and only.
I haven't played it yet but is it true that adult Gil and kid Gil don't relate to each other/don't think they share the same existence?

Levani 2014-11-29 07:16

He's cute ;_;

Kanon 2014-11-29 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Okkin (Post 5352891)
The one and only.
I haven't played it yet but is it true that adult Gil and kid Gil don't relate to each other/don't think they share the same existence?

They never really comment on each other. There's just one time where Lancer describes adult Gil to Kid Gil, and Kid Gil points out the guy he's talking about is a total jerk. He never seems to realize Lancer was talking about him though.

magnuskn 2014-11-29 13:43

Actually, lil' Gil does comment on his elder self on your first encounter with him.

Dengar 2014-12-02 04:19

So are there ways to miss 100% forever?

I mean, if I understand this correctly, even if you move on to the next chapter, unviewed scenes are kept unless they are actually replaced by a different one.

belatkuro 2014-12-02 09:28

I did here that you could miss getting 100% on it. Not sure how exactly, just that there are some tricky ones that need some particular scene to be viewed first.
I made it a point to see all the ones marked with 'New' first before going to the (!) ones.

Also, is there a difference in the Vita version besides being fully voiced, the Capsule Servant minigame and new OPs? I mean, did they keep the Eclipse segment and Caren's H-scene or is it like Realta Nua and they replaced them? If they did keep the Eclipse segment, I wonder if it's voiced or not.

Lorhand 2014-12-02 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by belatkuro (Post 5356303)
I did here that you could miss getting 100% on it. Not sure how exactly, just that there are some tricky ones that need some particular scene to be viewed first.
I made it a point to see all the ones marked with 'New' first before going to the (!) ones.

Also, is there a difference in the Vita version besides being fully voiced, the Capsule Servant minigame and new OPs? I mean, did they keep the Eclipse segment and Caren's H-scene or is it like Realta Nua and they replaced them? If they did keep the Eclipse segment, I wonder if it's voiced or not.

Capsule Servant replaces hanafuda, only Eclipse scene is Love Detective and Caren's sex scene is almost written the same, only she gets bitten in her neck because mana yadda yadda.

Dengar 2014-12-02 21:20

I kinda like how it handled the H-scenes though. Most of them are outside the main story altogether meaning you can easily cut those out (plus it proves that Fate isn't reliant on H-scenes in the first place).

It also prevents those scenarios where the insertion of those scenes were horribly awkward and just barely in context.

hinode 2014-12-02 21:43

Considering one of FHA's big plot twists Type-Moon kinda had to make it clear that the non-Caren H-scenes are all set in separate continuities from the main story.

Spoiler:

Dengar 2014-12-03 04:07

You keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means.

Rev Okkin 2014-12-03 19:27

What, NTR? School Days has a fine reputation of NTRs.

HandofFate 2014-12-03 19:29

how many h-scenes are in this?