AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Claymore (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Claymore Chapter 103 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=93408)

Solace 2010-04-27 23:06

Claymore Chapter 103

Welcome to the monthly discussion thread for Claymore, Chapter 103.

The thread was created before the chapter was published. Usually false spoilers start to appear early so (naturally) people always need a place to discuss them.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • The Claymore manga is licensed by Viz so questions about scanlations or answers about scanlation are not allowed. Remember that AnimeSuki does not enable downloading of any licensed anime or manga.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.

Since Claymore is licensed by Viz the following posts are not allowed
  • Asking where you can find Claymore manga downloads, scans or translations.
  • Linking to Claymore manga downloads, scans or translations.
  • Posting Claymore scans or translations.
  • Discussing Claymore scan groups (past or present).
These rules applies to the raws as well.

You still are allowed to discuss the manga, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story itself.

Summaries are allowed, it's just that full translations are against the forum rules. The odd image or a translation of a line or paragraph is acceptable, that's considered "fair use" but more than that isn't allowed. If you need to post a single image (or preferably only the relevant part of an image) for a reason related to discussion you can put it on an image host, but never ever post a link where people can see the entire manga.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chapter Summary

Chapter is called Reminiscence of the Abyss.

- Helen and Deneve head in the direction of the Destroyer to escape Priscilla while she fights Dauf.
- Dauf's left arm is cut off leaving no arms, and he absorbs the poles on his back to create cat-arms.
- Priscilla stops to rest while Dauf keeps beating her. Her thoughts come to trying to remember who the person (Teresa) in her memories is.

Priscilla's thoughts translated from Chinese to English, may differ from official Japanese to English:
Quote:

"Ah ah...it's this one...The feeling of almost being ripped apart...When was this...I experience this a long long time ago...Under pain, humiliation and confusion...the memory that was forgotten...I...seem to have remembered a bit. A blood stained sword...and a headless corpse. But no matter how hard I try to remember, I can't remember that face. No matter how hard I reminisce, it's still buried under a veil of darkness. After that, I'm being swallowed by that blurred out face, losing my consciousness and all my memories. This is too much. Just for a memory I do not wish to remember. All other memories have no choice but to be erased...Ah well, except for that one, it's like a forbidden memory for me."
- Priscilla finally remembers and kills Dauf instantly by cutting him into pieces.

Quote:

"But I'm sure am lucky, I... (kills Dauf) can kill that person once again."
Priscilla who has finally recovered her memories!
An unprecedented crisis is charging towards Clare!
To be continued...in July issue.

Ryus 2010-04-27 23:24

Just transferring the spoiler from CH 102 to CH 103 thread. Many thanks to Mord for the spoiler, yononaka for a clear translation of the spoiler, and Solace for creating the thread so promptly. ;):D;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by yononaka (Post 3024136)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mord (Post 3023305)
Spoiler for Unconfirmed Claymore 103 Spoiler:

Didn't see a real translation yet, so:

Spoiler for non-automated translation:

Solace 2010-04-28 12:37

For those wondering why I gutted the thread -

I tolerate some raw discussion but I won't tolerate the topic being dominated about it. The reason the thread is up early is to discuss the chapter itself, not when or where you'll actually be able to read it.

If you want to talk about why you can't find raws as easily these days, go to the manga forum and read the sticky.

Shiek927 2010-04-28 14:19

Wait, so you can't talk about the spoilers or even speculate about the chapter 0_o?

Solace 2010-04-28 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiek927 (Post 3025525)
Wait, so you can't talk about the spoilers or even speculate about the chapter 0_o?

Reread my warning. I never said you couldn't discuss the CONTENT of the chapter. I only said I didn't want the thread to be dominated by discussion of the lack of raws or the recent problems with finding raws. There's a thread in the Manga forum for that topic, it doesn't need to clog up spoiler and chapter talk in this thread.

FormerAbyssalone 2010-04-28 17:13

Spoiler for Claymore 103:

Rennir 2010-04-28 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone (Post 3025759)
Spoiler for Claymore 103:

Spoiler for 103:

________
KID PAXIL

evil_kenshin 2010-04-28 18:00

Well he forced her to use her awakened form for the first time in roughly 10+ years so at least he gets credit for that

Rennir 2010-04-28 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil_kenshin (Post 3025813)
Well he forced her to use her awakened form for the first time in roughly 10+ years so at least he gets credit for that

Eh...if he didn't someone(Miria or clare, especially cause of the fact that she remembered teresa) would've cause I think priscilla awakening was part of the plot anyways
________
No-Fault Insurance Dicussion

evil_kenshin 2010-04-28 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rennir (Post 3025816)
Eh...if he didn't someone(Miria or clare, especially cause of the fact that she remembered teresa) would've cause I think priscilla awakening was part of the plot anyways

no, the only reason she awakened is because her normal form could not pierce Duph's skin, she was forced to awaken so she could kill him.

Shiek927 2010-04-28 18:07

Priscilla's words make perfect sense considering her mindset; her Awakened persona killed Teresa, is perfectly aware of it, and of course is sinister about it. Their is no irrational fear of Teresa like the anime, and considering she killed Teresa, of course she's callous about it.

Quote:

no, the only reason she awakened is because her normal form could not pierce Duph's skin, she was forced to awaken so she could kill him.
That's not true; her mallable arms were the same color as her human form, unlike when she awakened and pierced Isley.

evil_kenshin 2010-04-28 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiek927 (Post 3025821)
That's not true; her mallable arms were the same color as her human form, unlike when she awakened and pierced Isley.

Yea your right :heh: but i don't think either Clare or Miria would of had the same effect.

FormerAbyssalone 2010-04-28 18:25

Spoiler for Cm103 what do u think:):

evil_kenshin 2010-04-28 18:32

Former, in the chapter 103 thread there's no need for spoiler tags :p

FormerAbyssalone 2010-04-28 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil_kenshin (Post 3025857)
Former, in the chapter 103 thread there's no need for spoiler tags :p

Oh, ok sorry everone.:heh::meh:

Nixl 2010-04-28 18:40

Can no longer find a reliable raw..that sucks, oh well.

I am glad Yagi did not take a page from the anime. However, I am starting to wonder just how bad/good Priscilla memory is to begin with. Just fighting Dauf and chasing after Claire gave her that memory. Does she even remember her time with Isley/Raki? A better question maybe is whether she even cares.

She remembered that she killed Teresa, yet she potentially stated the wish to "kill it again" even knowing that T is dead. Even with her memories, she still is crazy.

Bleh so many questions, and I cannot organize them.

Ryus 2010-04-28 18:41

Time to place your bets about the spoiler...
  1. The spoiler is the entire chapter it will be halfly taken up by the 3 fleeing, the other half being Priscilla's memory recall and the Priscilla vs Infected Dauf. There will be no other plots going on this month.
  2. The spoiler is only half the plot; Dietrich, Yuma, and Cynthia will be the other half
  3. The spoiler is only half the plot; Miria, Tabitha, Galatea, Clarice, and/or Miata show up in the other half (they are in the (West/East/Holy City)
  4. The spoiler is only half true; Raki will be the rest of the chapter
  5. The spoiler is false; I believe ______________ will happen
  6. I believe it's only partially true _______ will happen, ________ won't. Maybe _________ might also happen.

Place your bets involving Dauf. Dauf will die after...
  1. after taking a single hit (this chapter)
  2. after taking two hits (this chapter)
  3. after taking 3-5 hits (this chapter)
  4. after taking 6+ hits (this chapter)
  5. Priscilla toys with him, however he'll die after only 1 true hit (this chapter)
  6. Priscilla toys with him, however he'll die after only 2 true hits (this chapter)
  7. Priscilla toys with him, however he'll die after only 3+ true hits (this chapter)
  8. Dauf puts up a good fight by some miracle, will survive the chapter
  9. Dauf will never die
  10. Dauf kills Priscilla
  11. Other __________________

Nixl 2010-04-28 18:43

My bet goes to

Round 1
Bet 1, 5 pages or so of Helen and Deneve giving reaction faces.

Round 2
Bet 1. Pris using her nails to cut Dauf to pieces (so 1 hit). Then Priscilla gives a callous face looking off into the distance.

evil_kenshin 2010-04-28 18:44

I'd say

either 1 or 2 for your first one

and 1 or 2 for second (Can't imagine Duaf taking more than 2 hits and living if Priscilla is serious)

FormerAbyssalone 2010-04-28 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryus (Post 3025866)
Time to place your bets about the spoiler...
  1. The spoiler is the entire chapter it will be halfly taken up by the 3 fleeing, the other half being Priscilla vs Infected Dauf. There will be no other plots going on this month.
  2. The spoiler is only half the plot; Dietrich, Yuma, and Cynthia will be the other half
  3. The spoiler is only half the plot; Miria, Tabitha, Galatea, Clarice, and/or Miata show up in the other half (they are in the (West/East/Holy City)
  4. The spoiler is only half true; Raki will be the rest of the chapter
  5. The spoiler is false; I believe ______________ will happen
  6. I believe it's only partially true _______ will happen, ________ won't. Maybe _________ might also happen.

Place your bets involving Dauf. Dauf will die after...
  1. after taking a single hit (this chapter)
  2. after taking two hits (this chapter)
  3. after taking 3-5 hits (this chapter)
  4. after taking 6+ hits (this chapter)
  5. Priscilla toys with him, however he'll die after only 1 true hit (this chapter)
  6. Priscilla toys with him, however he'll die after only 2 true hits (this chapter)
  7. Priscilla toys with him, however he'll die after only 3+ true hits (this chapter)
  8. Dauf puts up a good fight by some miracle, will survive the chapter
  9. Dauf will never die
  10. Dauf kills Priscilla
  11. Other __________________

Destroyer Dauf will die in this chapter after taking 3-5 hits but ofcourse he'll get a few hits in:D The rest of the plots will be split up between the 3 fleeing and Dietrich and co.