AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Kaleido Star? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=1098)

Seta 2003-11-16 23:25

Kaleido Star?

Is anyone watching Kaleido Star? I didn't expect too much talk about it since it was licensed way before it started airing but it really is one of the better animes I've seen in a while. It's light on action but it really catches your attention with the beautiful animation and likeable characters. It's nothing really original aside from the circus theme but it does everything so well especially in the character development department.If you haven't seen it yet, I suggest you check it out and if you have seen it, share some of your opinions and thougts on it. :D

Gaara11 2003-11-17 01:41

I saw one episode of this show just to check it out and found it interesting. GONZO did anothre good job animating this. I have the other episodes just doesn't have time to see them. Not really on my must see list, but I'll see it eventually. ;)

Go-lytely 2003-11-17 12:29

I happen to like Kaleido Star a lot. Sora is really cute with all her quirks and mannerisms but I think Fool is the real star of the show. Too bad he doesnt get very much screen time. I think the show would have been better served as a 26 ep series instead of 52 because sometimes I feel the story is too strung out. Oh, I also love the music in it too.

Seta 2003-11-17 16:54

Yeah, the music in this series is great. Does anyone know the name of name of the second opening?

Go-lytely 2003-11-18 03:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seta
Yeah, the music in this series is great. Does anyone know the name of name of the second opening?

The second op is yakusoku no basyo e by Chihiro Yonekura

Seta 2003-11-18 03:46

Thanks alot. And from what I just read today, I think the series is supposed to be 39 episodes. I may be wrong though.

Princess_of_Hell 2004-03-27 17:47

Does Kaleido Star end at ep 51 becuz it looks like the ending when I watched it.

brightman 2004-03-27 18:49

Yeah, Season 2 ends at 25 so Ep 51 is indeed the end.

Za Paper 2004-04-19 15:31

Although ep 26 wasnt the ending I would have been quite satisfied if they ended the series at that episode. The series had its ups and downs but the mystical act performance at the end made it all worthwhile. Even I got chills watching it.

LuciaMelody 2004-04-21 10:30

Its already out?
I just saw a trailer for it in one of the Newtype magazine DVDs. And it looks really pretty. But I thought that it didn't come out yet.

I can't believe its 52 eps!!! Yet another super expensive series. >_<' I wish they would put 10 eps. on one DVD ^^

Laurie-chan 2004-04-21 10:52

I like this series. I have all the fansubs and I think I will buy this on DVD. :)

Guido 2004-06-15 15:36

Kaleido Star was made possible thanks to the ingenious imagination of Junichi Satou. His artwork genius and directorial style formed a scenario of embellishing imagery, a delightful visual-style, and above the story of a girl who teaches US to continue to put effort, heart, and work into our dreams without giving up regardless how terrible or complicated the adversities will turn out to be.

The second OP theme, "Yakosuko no Basho e", is a beautiful treat to listen again and again. As also the third ED theme, "Escape".

I'm definitely convinced to save money for the DVD's now that they have been released.

Kyuven 2004-06-15 17:34

<---is (im)patiently awaiting the release of vol. 2...
hehe...i like it, but some people hate it ^_^

Rias 2004-06-16 01:55

I plan on getting the first 2 seasons (1-26 epsiodes), although I've already seen it on fansubs...

I wonder if ADV is gonna release 3rd and 4th...?

Elfir 2004-06-16 17:42

I finally found the first disk today and watched it all. I'm so used to shoujo having low animation budgets that I was really blown away by Kaleido Star. So many cute outfits, too... even if there aren't many yet I'd be caught dead cosplaying. ^_^ I'm definately getting the second disk next week.

My favorite character design so far is Mia, but there's a lot of good ones. I also like how Sora was sensable enough to tie her hair up for the first silly costume. (Yeah, I really go for the costume aspect of shoujo. ;p) Unfortunately the dvd insert seems to have not only spoilers for the first disk, but the description for Yuri has a spoiler not even in the first five episodes! Oh well.

I look forward to sampling the dub soon. With a mostly American cast, the casting better be good!

Kaleido circus reminds me of Circus O'lea (which I know I misspelt). I wonder if the production was at all infuenced by them.

Kyuven 2004-06-16 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfir
Kaleido circus reminds me of Circus O'lea (which I know I misspelt). I wonder if the production was at all infuenced by them.

it most definately was
Spoiler:

and yeah ADV will very likely release the entire series (they did so with Saiyuki, and Super GALS i think, and they already have a lot of money riding on Kaleido Star what with the toy deal and everything)
plus it'd be kinda pointless to license all 51 episodes and only release 26 0_o (we're not talking about 4kids/FUNimation here after all...)

Guido 2004-07-08 16:23

Do you think episodes 27 & 28 should be released?

Just wondering if ADV is going to release also episodes 27 and 28 along with the next DVD release once they finish dubbing the first season.

I've heard that those two episodes are nothing more than review episodes, summarizing most of the events happened during the first 26 episodes; like a video collage of parts of many episodes jointed together but no new footage displayed.

Therefore, IMO, I think ADV should just drop them out. I mean what's the point of licensing two episodes that do not provide new video footage whatsoever and just retell what occured within the first half of the series.

Another note:
Kaleido Star third ED theme song, Escape, sounds to me like an image theme song extracted from Revolutionary Girl Utena.

Kyuven 2004-07-08 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guido
Just wondering if ADV is going to release also episodes 27 and 28 along with the next DVD release once they finish dubbing the first season.

I've heard that those two episodes are nothing more than review episodes, summarizing most of the events happened during the first 26 episodes; like a video collage of parts of many episodes jointed together but no new footage displayed.

Therefore, IMO, I think ADV should just drop them out. I mean what's the point of licensing two episodes that do not provide new video footage whatsoever and just retell what occured within the first half of the series.

Another note:
Kaleido Star third ED theme song, Escape, sounds to me like an image theme song extracted from Revolutionary Girl Utena.

well, if they plan to release the entire series, 27&28 are bound to be released (probably packaged with 29 and 30 i guess

7thMethuselah 2004-07-08 18:27

I've seen this title pop up several times allready. What exactly is it about? And is it worth checking out, just a question ...

babbito2k 2004-07-08 18:58

It's sort of a combo sports drama/shoujo romance like Yawara! or Princess Nine. It's about a girl who "runs away to join the circus" and winds up with a bad-girl rival on her hands. A lot of people like it, so there really isn't any reason not to check it out.