AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fullmetal Alchemist (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   SPOILERS i guess?? I dont get...FMA - Anime/Manga ???? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=5248)

Mistacloudstrife 2004-01-19 04:17

SPOILERS i guess?? I dont get...FMA - Anime/Manga ????

Yeah...well i dont know how to do that hidden text then highlight and "wala!" its there, thing so i'll just do whatever.... Yeah....

Uhh.... I read the Manga for FMA first up to ummm....i think it was volume 2 chapter six...yeah, and then, i watched the anime up to....ep14....Yeah, so the anime made it so edward and alphonse flashed back to when they were little....then they grew up in the rest of the episodes, they made the train thing into a test from the flame alchemist guy....and in the manga, they said sumthin like, "Fullmetal Alchemist" is on the train....so he was already a state alchemist at that point...I just dont get it....Why did they change it?? I really dont have any serious complaints but still... It makes me all confused after reading the manga n all....

Ookla The Mok 2004-01-19 06:40

The anime is different. Why did they change it? I guess they didn't like the story order in the manga.

The manga DOES have a flashback arc that happens a lot later. So I dunno if that means they're going to flashback in the anime AGAIN...

Fei-san 2004-01-19 11:42

They probably just moved to the flashback to a time they thought was better

Asakura_Y0h 2004-01-19 21:10

repeat msg.. deleted

Asakura_Y0h 2004-01-19 21:11

I don't read the manga but i don't mind some spoilers to clear things up.....

Wow, they missed a flashback... does it compromise the story at all???? if it does then wouldn't that make it difficult for them to include the flashback later due to the order or sequence of events?

if it does screw the order i doubt that the missing flashback would be there

bayoab 2004-01-20 02:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asakura_Y0h
I don't read the manga but i don't mind some spoilers to clear things up.....

Wow, they missed a flashback... does it compromise the story at all???? if it does then wouldn't that make it difficult for them to include the flashback later due to the order or sequence of events?

if it does screw the order i doubt that the missing flashback would be there

No, what the anime did was move the first 4 chapters into the past, modified the 11th or 12th chapter into the past (as a filler), and then in the actual flashback, they used the flashback material from the later manga but left out a few chapters. There are arcs to the flashback arc. Note that in the manga, chapters 1-20 are present (i believe).

Asakura_Y0h 2004-01-20 02:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayoab
No, what the anime did was move the first 4 chapters into the past, modified the 11th or 12th chapter into the past (as a filler), and then in the actual flashback, they used the flashback material from the later manga but left out a few chapters. There are arcs to the flashback arc. Note that in the manga, chapters 1-20 are present (i believe).

:twitch: oookie.... :twitch:erm... confused.... me thinks me should download the manga... i suppose i'll have to obtain it from toriyama unless someone has a better suggestion

Mistacloudstrife 2004-01-21 01:37

Basically, what bayoab is trying to say is that the flashback comes at a different time in the anime than the manga... and they make some of the chapters in the manga into part of the flashback that was in the anime...

I think thats it??? ^.^;;

Forsaken102 2004-01-23 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistacloudstrife
Yeah...well i dont know how to do that hidden text then highlight and "wala!" its there, thing so i'll just do whatever.... Yeah....

Uhh.... I read the Manga for FMA first up to ummm....i think it was volume 2 chapter six...yeah, and then, i watched the anime up to....ep14....Yeah, so the anime made it so edward and alphonse flashed back to when they were little....then they grew up in the rest of the episodes, they made the train thing into a test from the flame alchemist guy....and in the manga, they said sumthin like, "Fullmetal Alchemist" is on the train....so he was already a state alchemist at that point...I just dont get it....Why did they change it?? I really dont have any serious complaints but still... It makes me all confused after reading the manga n all....

Hee hee- The thing I've noticed about animes is this; if you read the manga, then watch the animes (or vice versa) they tend to be quite a bit different. Personally, I prefer the animes/mangas that are different from each other.

Maybe it's a marketing ploy? I mean, it gets pretty boring when you read the manga, then watch the anime and know exactly what's going to happen next. (*sighs*) It kinda takes the fun out of it for me.

However, like Rurouni Kenshin, I preferred to watch the series first ('Course, after the Kyoto arc it kinda... sucked) and then I read the manga; the endings were TOTALLY DIFFERENT!! I thought that was really cool, because then I could read and get two different stories from the characters that I'd come to love. :-)

But, that's just a personal opinion of course.