AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=60181)

White Manju Bun 2007-12-31 22:06

Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

The second season to Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Offical site
http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/zetsubou2/

Opening Theme:
"kūsō Rumba (空想ルンバ)" by Kenji Ohtsuki and Zetsubō Shōjo-tachi
Ending Theme:
#1: "Marionette (マリオネット)" by ROLLY and Zetsubō Shōjo-tachi
#2: "Koiji Romanesque (恋路ロマネスク)" by Zetsubō Shōjo-tachi
#3: "Omamori (オマモリ)" by Zetsubō Shōjo-tachi

Animation Studio SHAFT

Air date: 1/5/08, 13 epis.

Same seiyuu cast from what I can see. No summary yet but since SZS 1 is random as heck, mostly I think this will be just as random :P

S_K 2007-12-31 22:48

nice! looking forward to some more dark comedy to keep me entertained

ellifeedn 2007-12-31 23:12

New season in less than a week? I wonder if afk can finish the first in time.

Midonin 2007-12-31 23:14

12 has been softsubbed, so that counts for something.

It all depends on how quickly Zoku is able to be subbed.

Shiroth 2008-01-01 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midonin (Post 1322177)
It all depends on how quickly Zoku is able to be subbed.

Everyone by now should now how insanely hard it must be to translate a full episode of ZSZ --- so i'm not all that surprised by a release like it has been. You shouldn't expect Zoku to be released at a fast pace.

The Chaos 2008-01-01 13:54

I Wonder Why They Take Season one & two In Two Season..?
They Could Put season One & two In one Season..

EXEs 2008-01-01 14:04

Excellent, 2nd season. Another Winter 2008 anime for me.

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2008-01-01 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chaos (Post 1322835)

An experimental anime like SZS can either be a success or bomb horribly. The sponsors were only willing to pay for one season to start with, pending a continuation if the reception was good. It WAS good, hence a second season was paid-for and being made right now.

Here's an example: 2 separate anime series were made in the same year, that of "Candidate for Goddess" and "Vandread". Both involved space mecha battles, and both used heavy CGI. Both shows had 13 episodes paid-for and produced, and both ended at that point without a clear conclusion to the story.

Vandread received funding to continue, and gained a proper conclusion in the second season.

Candidate for Goddess was not so lucky, and the project died without ever showing who the final villain was. In fact, the main character never even graduated. Fans of the show were forced to read the original manga in order to know what happened next.

A Western equivalent would be the HEROES TV show. At any time, if the ratings drop off, the HEROES production crew could be told that there wouldn't BE another season.

Midonin 2008-01-01 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 1322774)
Everyone by now should now how insanely hard it must be to translate a full episode of ZSZ --- so i'm not all that surprised by a release like it has been. You shouldn't expect Zoku to be released at a fast pace.

That's an eventuality I'm ready for.

GyroidFanatic 2008-01-01 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chaos (Post 1322835)

One thing I read was because of Negima!?'s low ratings, they gave the director only a 13 episode commitment this time around.

Kona-Kona 2008-01-01 16:05

Totally watching the second season *luvs* SENSEEEI

ZODDGUTS 2008-01-01 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic (Post 1322942)
One thing I read was because of Negima!?'s low ratings, they gave the director only a 13 episode commitment this time around.

Well from I've heard they put Negima!? at a bad timeslot for the type of audience the show was intented for. The DVD Sales though did sale well from seeing the top ten most bought Anime DVD sales rankings on animenewsnetwork.com

Plus having split seasons gives the animation studio more time for them to animated it so the animation should look good without taking a big dive.

White Manju Bun 2008-01-02 11:53

I just watched the trailer for seaon 2. It doesnt show anything but still its SZS so I was happy it was out XD

fallenangelash 2008-01-05 01:02

does anyone know if a.f.k has confirmed or denieed to doing ZSZS?

Koroku 2008-01-05 02:40

Their name is struck out on the fansubwiki, if that means anything.

41nano 2008-01-05 05:07

Yet I'm wondering since usually a.f.k. dosen't sub many shows at the same time.
Supposing they will sub Haruhi season 2, that would make 3 shows at the same time (clannad, szs and haruhi).

Nevertheless I hope they will keep up the great work they have done !

bayoab 2008-01-05 05:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by 41nano (Post 1328117)
Supposing they will sub Haruhi season 2, that would make 3 shows at the same time (clannad, szs and haruhi).

Clannad and Haruhi 2 will not be airing at the same time as they would both be coming from Kyoto Animation (who only does one project at time).

Mizuno 2008-01-05 05:52

To those that follow the manga, may I ask what new students might be introduced in the 2nd season?

Midonin 2008-01-05 12:24

We've got our new OP. ED too.
The show has begun.

Mentorian 2008-01-05 14:35

First impressions of Episode 1
Spoiler for Episode 1:

Spoiler for On new characters: