AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Need help with finding a good anime. (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=118898)

atomickipper 2013-04-14 11:00

Need help with finding a good anime.

I've been looking for a good anime the past couple of days and just couldn't find what I was looking for. I was wondering if this forum could help me?
The anime I thought were really good were:

Death Note
Guilty Crown
Blue Exorcist
Darker than Black
Sword Art Online
Eden of the East

That kind of thing, action, mystery and romance. Superpowers really interest me, or something like the main character has gained something special just like Guilty Crown. If you could help me out thanks a lot.

- Atomic

SeijiSensei 2013-04-14 15:08

One possible strategy is to look at directors. Eden of the East was directed by Kamiyama Kenji who was involved with various Ghost in the Shell derivatives like Stand Alone Complex. I thought Eden was better than most shows, but it's not as impressive as Kamiyama's adaptation of anthropologist Uehashi Nahoko's epic drama Seirei no Moribito. Luckily for you it's available with subtitles at Crunchyroll, though it also sells for just a little over a dollar per episode on DVD.

totoum 2013-04-15 14:48

Attack on Titan has just started airing and fits with a lot of what you're looking for.

Zetsuen no tempest has superpowers,mystery and romance as well as some action.

Canaan - Action,superpowers,mystery,a bit of romance.

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom: action,romance.

kitten320 2013-04-20 13:56

Guilty crown/Death Note = Code Geass

DTB = Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom

Sword art Online = Accel World

Blue Exorcist = D.Gary Man, Naruto

Otherwise you should also check:

FMA - has 2 seasons, one has anime original story and another follows manga. so if you don't like one of the seasons, you might like the other. One of the best shounens out there.

Baccano! - one of the best action series. While it is mostly gun/knife action, some of the characters are immortal and can't be killed normal way. the way story is told makes you wonder and try to put pieces together. All the questions get answered in their own time and simple train robbery turns into something bigger.

Busou Renkin - a bit weird series and need some time to get used to. Main hero gets killed but a mysterious girl brings him back to life and gives him special powers that allow to fight human eating monsters. a bit of romance later.

Deadman Wonderland - a kid gets imprisoned because he is suspected in killing hos classmates. It is a special prison where people with special powers reside and fight in death tourney where they use their own blood as weapon. Who was the real culprit though?

Fate/Stay Night - heroes of the past/future and novels come to life to fight in a tourney for a grail that can fulfill their and their master desires. Has some romance later.
It's prequel Fate/Zero is better though but I would still suggest to go with F/SN first.

Ga-Rei Zero - has lots of surprises, nice action and some romance. Series start with a bang and then go into flashback mode to how u what happened that led to such disaster and then we see a conclusion.

Inuyasha - some super powers, a bit of romance and mystery here and there.

Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic - interesting action series with some super powers and magic. Slight hints of romance.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - don't let the art deceive you, series are dark and mysterious and will drove you in especially after episode 3.

Mai HiME - one of the basis on which Madoka series were constructed. Nice action, romance and mystery. Main heroine evoke the powers and is involved in battles that she never wanted to be part of. Is divided in 2-3 arcs. Introduction, small conflict and massive conflict from episode 16 onward.

Mirai Nikki - chosen 12 people got pecial diaries that can read the future but they work differently for each person. It depends on what kind of diary they kept. For example the main heroine kept taking notes of the MC all the time so now she knows everything that will happen to him.
They all have to fight to a death and a winner will get a chance to become a new god.

Psycho-Pass - no super powers but great action and mystery series. A real must!

Toaru Majutsu no Index - all about super powers. Main hero doesn't have any... he cancels all of them!
A mysterious girl named Index come into his life who is being hunted. He is determined to protect her.

That's it for now. Hope some of them will be to your liking.