AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fansub Groups (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Stalled series that should be completed? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=13934)

Lord Raiden 2004-05-18 11:59

Stalled series that should be completed?

What series that have stalled, do you think should be completed? This isn't a ranting thread, but more of one to draw interest in series that are either being subbed inexhorbinately slow, or have been stopped altogether. I'm doing this more as a way to show that there is indeed interest in these series and to possibly encourage the fansub groups (who I'm sure feel greatly unapreciated) who were working on them to either finish them, or for someone else to step into the gap and take over the subbing of these series. You can also show apreciation to the groups who were subbing them to let them know how much you've enjoyed their work so far and how you'd like to see them complete their work. :)

Three series come to mind for me.

Tenshi na konamaiki (not stalled, but definately being subbed very slowly)
Daa! Daa! Daa!
Majoujin Guru Guru (stalled at the beginning of april)

There's one other that's stalled too that I would have loved to see taken to the end, but since it's licenced, I guess that's kinda asking a lot. (why did they have to licence Gokusen so soon!! Wah!!)

This is not a thread to rant, but one to basically list which series you'd like to see completed that have stalled. Stalled series are ones that are uncompleted and have stopped being subbed for at least 6 week or greater. Preferablly greater. I'd love to be able to use this thread to show the fansub groups that we still love these series and would like to see them taken to completion either by the original group, or if they can't do it, then by a new group who could take over the series from the last subbed episode.

(PS: OVA's with long periods between release dates don't count)

hunterx 2004-05-18 12:30

shadow skill - it's probably being done but very very slowly. can't complain here
baki II - miyuki seemed to have stopped
hitsuji no uta - ?? I heard the 4th ova was already out
ninja scroll tv - this is licensed but still no dvds to available to buy? the hk versions are horrible

Silent Otaku 2004-05-18 12:58

baki II- Definitely, where did it go?

StormD 2004-05-18 13:11

Overman King Gainer

teh_suck 2004-05-18 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunterx
ninja scroll tv - this is licensed but still no dvds to available to buy? the hk versions are horrible

Disc 1: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846
Disc 2: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846
Disc 3 (release date: June 29): http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846

If you couldn't find these you can't have been looking very hard.

Bigdadyb 2004-05-18 13:17

It hasnt been announced but I think it is licenced but I would like to see Gravion Zewi finishend up.

Briareos 2004-05-18 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormD
Overman King Gainer

Ditto!

King, King, King Gainer...Full Metal Coat!

Asura Zanmaden 2004-05-18 16:17

Quote:

This is not a thread to rant, but one to basically list which series you'd like to see completed that have stalled.
Not a rant? More like bitching and whining. ;p

Quote:

Tenshi na konamaiki (not stalled, but definately being subbed very slowly)
Find me a very experience translator and TnK will be finished in no time.

If you so badly want to see those series completed, how bout finding ppl to help those groups finish those series instead of suggesting "vulture" groups to complete them.

sothis 2004-05-18 16:33

Gakkou no Kaidan
Hitsuji no Uta

Bullsquat 2004-05-18 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asura Zanmaden
Not a rant? More like bitching and whining. ;p

Find me a very experience translator and TnK will be finished in no time.

If you so badly want to see those series completed, how bout finding ppl to help those groups finish those series instead of suggesting "vulture" groups to complete them.

I don't really follow TnK. But I do know that its one of the most popular A-E projects so you guys must get a lot of uncalled for demands from people. I find it odd though that you guys have problems finding experienced translators. From what I've read by another "vulture" group called inspiration studios, they have agreed to stop translating this project because you guys have acquired new translators and will be releasing episodes much quicker.

http://www.freewebs.com/inspirationstudios/

If you guys actually lack experienced translators, it could have been better if you would work with them instead on finishing the series.

Spooky-Electric 2004-05-18 16:52

Slam Dunk! It only has 4 more episodes left..

Also I don't know what happened to Prince of Tennis..

Roots 2004-05-18 17:12

Konjiki no Gash Bell. They are already on like episode 48 or something in Japan and we've been stuck at 28/29 for some time. I can't take it anymore I need my Gashu~! Please :help:

Bullsquat 2004-05-18 17:16

This thread will definetely piss off a lot of fansub groups.

Asura Zanmaden 2004-05-18 17:43

Alot of crap has happened which which slowed TnK down.

Quote:

If you guys actually lack experienced translators, it could have been better if you would work with them instead on finishing the series.
FYI, they used the hk scripts and just editted them.

Shii 2004-05-18 18:55

Doraemon... duh...

DistortedRealmS 2004-05-18 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roots
Konjiki no Gash Bell. They are already on like episode 48 or something in Japan and we've been stuck at 28/29 for some time. I can't take it anymore I need my Gashu~! Please :help:

29 came out not to long ago man.

iluid 2004-05-18 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roots

Gashu is by no means stalled. It's been 2 weeks since the last release, but that's just a speed bump, progress is being made. Subbed gash is only far behind what's airing because early eps were released very slowly. It's been coming out at decent pace for the last 3-4 months though.

Also, as Asura said, I really hope this thread doesn't encourage "vulture" groups. Probably about 99% of "stalled" projects have people in the groups that started them trying their best to get the projects going and would love to have extra help to make it happen. Of course, most of the time the problem is finding translators, and most people can't help with that :(

StormD 2004-05-18 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluid
Also, as Asura said, I really hope this thread doesn't encourage "vulture" groups. Probably about 99% of "stalled" projects...

So, when is it safe to assume a series has been abandoned?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anime-Haven Website
Overman King Gainer
OKG 01 - 10/25/02
OKG 02 - 10/26/02
OKG 03 - 10/30/02
OKG 04 - 11/02/02
OKG 05 - 11/05/02
OKG 06 - 11/16/02
OKG 07 - 12/01/02
OKG 08 - 12/09/02
OKG 09 - 12/27/02
OKG 10 - 03/05/03

kagetsu 2004-05-18 20:56

Starship girl yamamoto yohko. One group did the first ep and thats it, old series to and seemed interesting. Would have like to seen the rest.

Elepsis 2004-05-18 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asura Zanmaden

Seconded. We can't help being slow sometimes. More staff usually helps.