AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   StarCraft 2 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=24940)

me=D 2004-12-07 19:57

StarCraft 2

Will blizzard actually make this thing? I mean how many years has it been since sc and BW 7 years!?! I mean imo Sc was the best blizzard rts game there was even thought im playing tft now( after 2 years i stoped,noob now so i dont play anymore to much hacks also). SO what do you guys think? How long will it proby take for them to make it.Im thinking about another 3 or 4 years proby if they plan on making it.

Cornel 2004-12-07 20:16

They also had a console action game about Starcraft. You played first/3rd person (I think) as a Ghost. It was released on ps2, gamecube, x-box, but I don't think it was too populaur. It may have come out last year. So I guess you are right in thinking it the true sequel of starcraft would take a few years.
People haven't stopped playing starcraft, so I don't know if they would beat a dead horse. I am sure they wish to make the best continuation possible and will take their time.

Kamui4356 2004-12-07 20:31

As a former starcraft addict, I really hope they make a sequel. They could do so much with it. Personally I'm hoping for at least 6 races. Two races of terrans, one from earth with more advanced tech and completely new units, one from the colonies with the mainly the units we know and love. Of course the protoss and zerg with new units, but broodwars showed the xel'naga were not completely wiped out by the zerg, so they should be in it. Finally the hybrids we were introduced to in the bonus level at the end of broodwars.
well in any event, I'm not holding my breath.

7thMethuselah 2004-12-07 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamui4356
As a former starcraft addict, I really hope they make a sequel. They could do so much with it. Personally I'm hoping for at least 6 races. Two races of terrans, one from earth with more advanced tech and completely new units, one from the colonies with the mainly the units we know and love. Of course the protoss and zerg with new units, but broodwars showed the xel'naga were not completely wiped out by the zerg, so they should be in it. Finally the hybrids we were introduced to in the bonus level at the end of broodwars.
well in any event, I'm not holding my breath.

Blizzard has repeatedly stated that they lan to add another chapter to the starcraft saga but the Warcraft universe will always have their priority. With WoW being released and Starcraft Ghost console game done, you can expect them to announce a new prject or two next year, an expansion to World of Warcraft will most likely be one of them.
Personally I really hope the make Starcraft II, that game is the one of the worst addictions I ever had :heh:

me=D 2004-12-07 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cornel
I am sure they wish to make the best continuation possible and will take their time.

I really agree with you on that the reason that its taking so long is because it was so popular and good that the sequeal has to be even better.

WindStriker 2004-12-07 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Blizzard has repeatedly stated that they lan to add another chapter to the starcraft saga but the Warcraft universe will always have their priority. With WoW being released and Starcraft Ghost console game done, you can expect them to announce a new prject or two next year, an expansion to World of Warcraft will most likely be one of them.
Personally I really hope the make Starcraft II, that game is the one of the worst addictions I ever had :heh:

Ghost has not been released yet. Its not even being developed by blizzard. Its being done by a third party developer by the name of Swingin' Ape Studios.

Link

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/528/528918p1.html

Personaly i think once wow is done they will anonce a true rts starcraft sequel. until they do i will be waiting for ghost.

Entropy 2004-12-07 21:10

As stated before I'm willing to bet that SCII will look very familiar to me...in more ways than one ;)

wsheit 2004-12-08 02:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by WindStriker
Ghost has not been released yet. Its not even being developed by blizzard. Its being done by a third party developer by the name of Swingin' Ape Studios.

Link

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/528/528918p1.html

Personaly i think once wow is done they will anonce a true rts starcraft sequel. until they do i will be waiting for ghost.

For those too lazy to follow the link, I will elaborate a little bit.....the game has been in development for several years now. It was supposed to be released last year...there were even pre-order boxes on the shelves, but Blizzard management apparently didn't like the way the game was shaping up, so they pulled the team working on it off of it. Blizzard has a great track record for making only fantastic games, so they are really careful about quality control. Anyway, another team has apparently been assigned to the project to shape things up- although I hadn't heard anything about a third party developer. Believe me- if the game had already come out, you would have heard about it.

Yeah, I'd love to see a Starcraft sequel- easily the best RTS ever made, but it has been so long that I'm not holding my breath.

gummybear 2007-04-26 17:04

StarCraft 2

http://news.portalit.net/fullnews_St...g-Up_2542.html
:bow:

darkjester 2007-04-26 18:29

*drool....

mmmm, i freaken loved the first Starcraft... definitely very much looking forward to the sequel....

mmmm Zergling rush..... Drunk Clan PWNZ ALL!!!!

Sanjuronord 2007-04-26 18:40

If true, awesome. Unfortunately I'm still waiting for Ghost so I'm not going to start holding my breath just yet. :heh:

hamiko_san 2007-04-26 19:45

10 things more, you never know.

Lebron 2007-04-26 20:54

Well, that about does it for South Korea if true

The day this comes out over there will be a National Holiday

Shinoto 2007-04-26 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lebron (Post 921822)
Well, that about does it for South Korea if true

The day this comes out over there will be a National Holiday

Zerg Rush of Koreans anyone?:heh: See...It is not the American at the border that make the North Koreans fear the South...It is thier Leet Skills in Zerg rushing lol

Anyways...I expect something on par with Dragon quest to DS in terms of boom

Kamui4356 2007-04-26 22:28

Finally... I've been waiting for this game for so very long.:heh: Of course when if does come out, my system probably won't be able to play it.:uhoh:

Spike420 2007-04-26 23:07

Wow i really REALLY need to upgrade my video card now

LoweGear 2007-04-26 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanjuronord (Post 921703)
If true, awesome. Unfortunately I'm still waiting for Ghost so I'm not going to start holding my breath just yet. :heh:

Unfortunately, last I heard Ghost was on hold... indefinitely. Sad news... :(

But then the reason I'm here...

STARCRAFT 2!!!!!

*goes into overdrive mode*

It's been a long, LONG wait. :D :D :D

And just in time for Starcraft's 10th Anniversary too wouldn't you say? :)

Kaioshin Sama 2007-04-27 00:14

FINALLY! Now we finally after, how long was it, ten years or so, get to find out what happened with:

Spoiler:

Boris Moskovitz 2007-04-27 00:40

O_O

I just creamed myself. (still feelin' a bit skeptical, though >_>)

Demongod86 2007-04-27 00:50

Skeptical indeed! A kerrigan race? So what's t he difference between them and the regular good ol' zergies?