AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Past Macross Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163)
-   -   Macross Frontier Character Discussion - Sheryl Nome (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=64735)

4Tran 2008-04-04 16:07

Macross Frontier Character Discussion - Sheryl Nome

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Sheryl related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Macross fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!

Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode / chapter / game talk, there are other threads for that stuff.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.

• Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

DarrenW 2008-04-06 09:52

Nome family name

No comments on the family name "Nome", yet? That's the name shared by Mao and Sara in Macross Zero! The galaxy is a big place, so the chances of this singer being related to those two on that remote island are next to none. Of course, since this is fiction, the a coincidence like this pretty much guarantees that they are distant grand-kin.

And if she is...
Spoiler for Macross Zero ending and conjecture based off of previous point:

Wonder how it'll turn out.

Westlo 2008-04-06 10:40

There was some talk about that in the general thread after the deculture edition came out, at this stage lets just see what happens.

orion 2008-04-06 21:29

If she is a relative, her blood would be too diluted to make much of a difference. Besides, her skin type (fair complexion) and blue eyes does not point to it. Lanca's got more alien blood than her.

Then, there's the Macross: Do you remember love? events to take into consideration.

I think that the name is a reference to Macross Zero only and that she is not related.

Westlo 2008-04-06 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by orion (Post 1515564)
Besides, her skin type (fair complexion) and blue eyes does not point to it.

With advances in technology would that even be a factor in things? Right now you can whiten your skin and wear blue eye contact lenses and this is set 50 years later and is an anime as well. Anyway I doubt at this stage they are related but lets see how things play out.

Shiroth 2008-04-07 04:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlo (Post 1515777)
Anyway I doubt at this stage they are related but lets see how things play out.

I truly wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that way, though i don't want to jump to any conclusions. It's only the beginning after all.

ZODDGUTS 2008-04-07 06:32

Let's say if she's is related to either Mao and Sara what would that make Sheryl their great grandaughter or great great grandaughter? How many years has it pass since Macross Zero?

Westlo 2008-04-07 08:43

According to the FAQ here Zero took place in 2008 and Frontier is 2059, so granddaughter is more likely if they are related.

orion 2008-04-07 20:49

And if a Nome relative from the Macross Zero timeline survived.

Doubt that Sheryl is genetically manipulated, cosmetically manipulated skin tone or wearing contact lenses because that would decrease her appeal. She would be seen as a fake.

ZODDGUTS 2008-04-07 21:01

Aren't most Idols considered to be fake? Like putting on a fake lovable personality on stage/TV but back stage have a bitchy personality plus Idols usually change their style including their hair color/style to make themselves more appealing.

4Tran 2008-04-08 00:03

Heh. As Sharon Apple demonstrated, the people of the Macross universe don't even need their stars to be alive or real. I'm pretty sure that Sheryl is all hologram :p.

More seriously, there are a number of celebrities who are very different privately than they are in the public. This is a matter of professionalism, so it's not altogether a bad thing, and it's quite possible that certain of them who are nicer or more intelligent than they may appear. On the other side of the equation, there are also celebrities whose public persona is very similar to how they behave in private.

Onizuka-GTO 2008-04-08 02:10

I find it strange how they seem to separate the Minmay character, the singing aspect in Sheryl and the unique girl-next-door type in Lanca.

personally, i'm pinning my hopes on sheryl but the Military female assistant is also someone i hope to see as well.

She's my "Misa" hope.

Sheryl might be a interesting if they have the time to develop her character. plus i like her songs, i wonder how they rate on the Galaxy Network against the Rockstar Hero Basara from Fire Bombers? :p

his music can defeat inter-dimensional-Universe-consuming-bioweapons and make frigging plants GROW.

dammn hard to beat you know. :rolleyes:

pinoy78 2008-04-09 10:36

What is the Galaxy Network all about?

I didn't see too much of Macross 7.

deffusse 2008-04-09 17:22

actualy how old is she? She was acting like an adult in the ep1 but also she's famous, so I didn't notice anythig:confused:

Onizuka-GTO 2008-04-09 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinoy78 (Post 1521712)
What is the Galaxy Network all about?

I didn't see too much of Macross 7.

The Galaxy Network is the data-sharing network which distributes information in audio, text and video throughout the human-known-galaxy between colonised planets and the numerous colony fleets in transit.

Hence the name "GALAXY NETWORK".

It evolved amongst the first wave of colony ships and has become the equivalents of the internet.

It is mentioned also in Macross Plus, but it was only in Macross 7 where it was mentioned and used throughout the series.

The Galaxy Network is a way to spread the latest news, music, films and technology to everyone.

Thus Culture.

Westlo 2008-04-10 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by deffusse (Post 1522419)
actualy how old is she? She was acting like an adult in the ep1 but also she's famous, so I didn't notice anythig:confused:

Sheryl is 17, also :( at the title for episode 6

Kaioshin Sama 2008-04-10 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO (Post 1523083)
The Galaxy Network is the data-sharing network which distributes information in audio, text and video throughout the human-known-galaxy between colonised planets and the numerous colony fleets in transit.

Hence the name "GALAXY NETWORK".

It evolved amongst the first wave of colony ships and has become the equivalents of the internet.

It is mentioned also in Macross Plus, but it was only in Macross 7 where it was mentioned and used throughout the series.

The Galaxy Network is a way to spread the latest news, music, films and technology to everyone.

Thus Culture.

Such is the impact of the Galaxy Network that I took it on as the name of the folder on my computer where I store all my media and Fire Bomber the name of the folder where I store all of my music inside the Galaxy Network Folder (In the core folder of Side 7 based off of Gundam.....that's right I have a creative name for everything including naming my computer Zeta). If Sheryl has upstaged Basara and Fire Bomber I'm still not changing any of that.

Currently Galaxy Network is running about 30 GB since I cleared some stuff off it. Unlike the actual Galaxy Network though it is a private folder, not a shared one.

I wonder....Basara had to work to climb the charts and people initially said his music sucks. Does that mean we might see a reversal here where Sheryl starts to fall of the charts and lose her edge at some point? Macross has loved to depict the rise of stars, but not so much the fall (even Minmay's fall was kind of glossed over a bit) so it might be an interesting focus.

dahak 2008-04-10 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO (Post 1518816)
I find it strange how they seem to separate the Minmay character, the singing aspect in Sheryl and the unique girl-next-door type in Lanca.

I'm seeing Sheryl more as Jamis? The Idol Minmei defeated in the Miss Macross contest.

Spoiler for Future Episode titles:

pinoy78 2008-04-10 20:28

I loved hearing Sheryl and Ranka sing unplugged in the second episode.

They're got beautiful voices.

Westlo 2008-04-10 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahak (Post 1525093)
I'm seeing Sheryl more as Jamis? The Idol Minmei defeated in the Miss Macross contest.

Spoiler for Future Episode titles:

I don't think Sheryl will be participating in Miss Macross, more chance of her judging.

Spoiler for Ep titles 5-6: