AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Umineko (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Character discussion - Ange (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=90605)

Mihara Yuki 2010-10-26 10:28

Hmm...I wonder if Ange is Tsundere type?

Klashikari 2010-10-26 10:30

Considering her behaviour, she is rather the Kuudere type, stuck with a "ice queen" demeanor, then shatters into the emotional burst at times.
Not really aloof/hostile towards Battler or something.

Oblivion 2010-10-27 06:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 3315970)
Considering her behaviour, she is rather the Kuudere type, stuck with a "ice queen" demeanor, then shatters into the emotional burst at times.

But where would the idea of her being hostile towards Battler come from? Isn't she waiting for her dear brother to come home?

Klashikari 2010-10-27 06:50

Some people are considering her "Gretel" behaviour as "Tsuntsun" which doesn't make sense whatsoever.
The idea is that deep down she wants him to come back, while she is acting cold against him which would loosely fall in the Tsundere spectrum: being dishonest with their feelings, displaying the "opposite" they are actually feeling; whereas it is actually her normal personality with restraint for not telling him the truth.

AuraTwilight 2010-10-27 10:04

And it might not even be either anyway, since she's forced to do it by another party with the magical threat of burger-death. If she had her way, Ange would probably be all like "onii-chan!" and glomp him.

musouka 2010-10-28 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuraTwilight (Post 3317502)
If she had her way, Ange would probably be all like "onii-chan!" and glomp him.

I really, reeeally doubt Ange has any interest in "glomping" her brother. She loves him, but she was also very upset about his attitude in regards to the witches. Her reason for being there was for herself, not for him.

AudriSampson 2010-10-28 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by musouka (Post 3319523)
I really, reeeally doubt Ange has any interest in "glomping" her brother. She loves him, but she was also very upset about his attitude in regards to the witches. Her reason for being there was for herself, not for him.

I totally agree with you on that one. I think she was there just for the chance to live her life differnetly then the miserable life with Eva and St Lucia HS.

Keriaku 2010-12-05 16:19

I was just reading Meakashi-hen from Higurashi and it suddenly hit me. The school Shion escaped from and the one Ange went to are one and the same, St. Lucia. I didn't realize this Higurashi connection until now.

Kirroha 2010-12-05 21:49

Except that St. Lucia didn't seem so bad in Higurashi, where Shion just hated the school for their prim and proper mannerisms when she's a rebellious kid. But Ange was being majorly bullied by the girl posse.

AuraTwilight 2010-12-05 22:33

Which is because of Ange's antisocial personality and poor grades. As much as they totally deserve being staked, they didn't single her out as a target for the lulz.

Veldenz 2010-12-09 10:11

I think there was some mention of Ange being picked on simply because she's an Ushiromiya.

Keriaku 2010-12-09 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veldenz (Post 3383591)
I think there was some mention of Ange being picked on simply because she's an Ushiromiya.

I think this was because the Ushiromiya family got massacred, living with the possible serial killer etc.

Veldenz 2010-12-13 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keriaku (Post 3383754)
I think this was because the Ushiromiya family got massacred, living with the possible serial killer etc.

Indeed. I'm guessing that's the explanation for why St. Lucia was so unpleasant for her, whereas it wasn't as bad for others.

einhorn303 2010-12-19 23:55

I actually love bullying stories. It's all kinds of moe to me. I ended up playing Aeka's route in "A Drug that Makes You Dream" faster than any other commercial VN I've ever played. So I love Ange's story in Episode 4; it really resonated with me on an emotional level.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pika_power (Post 3010349)
Perhaps the lack of emotional expressions for her is why people consider her 'emo'.

Kind of ironic since the word emo is derived from "emotional." "Oh, she doesn't shoe emotion, how emo."

Almazluverdis3 2010-12-26 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 3317285)
Some people are considering her "Gretel" behaviour as "Tsuntsun" which doesn't make sense whatsoever.
The idea is that deep down she wants him to come back, while she is acting cold against him which would loosely fall in the Tsundere spectrum: being dishonest with their feelings, displaying the "opposite" they are actually feeling; whereas it is actually her normal personality with restraint for not telling him the truth.

So she's like Kanon when it comes to feelings?

kamuinoyume 2011-01-03 16:41

Ange is a difficult character for me to rank. On one side, she has the charisma, attitude and ideals of a character that I'd instantly fall for, but on the other, she has that annoying sob-story on her back (which I can't stand for the life of me). Not to mention the fact that she was the one who came up with the whole time limit for ep 4, which made me want to kill her, because it meant no red truth from Beato until 24: 00 of the 5th October (and let's face it, the killer could have died by then in a freak accident and he'd still be counted as a corpse; not to mention Beato is good with twisting events), let's not forget the fact that the blue truth (something she also had a hand in) also limited the player much (since Beato again stopped handing out the red like it was a rare treat, unlike the second game).

So my problem with her would be limited to: Her role in the story... Otherwise, I think I'd actually like her as a friend, but for Umineko...I hate her character.

AuraTwilight 2011-01-03 20:02

Er, what are you talking about? The time limit and Blue Truth only helped the player.

Judoh 2011-01-03 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 3315970)

Kuudere would be more like Nagato Yuki in Haruhi. Or Sig in the puyo puyo games. Which is strictly a non-emotional type of character. Well at least they don't show emotion.

It's more like Ange is just Tsun all the time, and doesn't ever get the chance to show her Dere side, which is different.

Mikachiru 2011-01-03 23:58

... I thought Dandere was emotionless? At least according to TVtropes...

AuraTwilight 2011-01-04 00:15

Quote:

A dandere character is one who is normally quiet and silent, possibly to the point of coming across as an Emotionless Girl at times, but will suddenly become talkative and sweet and cute when alone with the right person if they manage to push the right button to get them to pour their heart out, revealing that she (or he, of course) is actually just shy.
Yuki Nagato this is not. She's Kuudere.