AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Monogatari Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Bakemonogatari didn't end with episode 12 (read inside) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=86700)

Pellissier 2009-09-27 07:36

Bakemonogatari didn't end with episode 12 (read inside)

For Your Information (FYI):

Since there seems to be a lot of confusion about it, please be aware that episode 12 IS NOT the last episode of Bakemonogatari. It was simply the last episode broadcasted in tv. There are 3 episodes left (for a total of 15), which will be distributed via the official site.

This happened because, while at the beginning only 12 episodes were planned (and thus 12 tv slots occupied), they later decided to extend them to 15. The remaining episodes are not bonus, or extra contents, but the continuation of where the tv broadcasting left off (ie. Tsubasa Cat arc). So if you happened to be upset because episode 12 left quite a few unsolved things, it occurred simply because that wasn't the ending, but part of the arc.

A preview of episode 13 can be seen on the official site.

As soon as there will be more informations about the 3 missing episodes, they will posted here on AnimeSuki, hence stay tuned. Of course there will be regular episode threads for those as well, when they'll be out.

edit: Episode 13 airs on October 28th.

monir 2009-09-27 22:01

I'm sure folks are wondering as well if there will be a web episode next week, and the answer to that question is as follows, courtesy of Sirn from the Q & A thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirn
Quote:

Originally Posted by monir (Post 2668298)
Is anyone aware of any schedule changes for the Web Episodes? As far as I know, they will appear on Friday (Eastern Time) at the usual time. So episode 13 should air next week.

The schedule is not yet announced. From the official website:

Quote:

09/09/25
Regarding the episode distribution on the official site

"Tsubasa Cat Part Three" ~ "Part Five" will be distributed on the official website.
Further informations will be post here in a few days.

Please look forward to it.

Feel free to post about any additional information anyone stumbles upon. :) Or any comments that springs forth in any fans for that matter.

Dop 2009-09-28 16:22

I would hope that with it being a webcast the schedule won't be a problem so they'll be able to properly finish episodes before they go out?

Miyuki-ism 2009-09-28 16:45

They'll probably release the shows whenever they want to.

NaweG 2009-09-28 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dop (Post 2671063)
I would hope that with it being a webcast the schedule won't be a problem so they'll be able to properly finish episodes before they go out?

Well I just hope that they will be at least somewhat timely about it. My fear is that these will get treated like OVAs and it will take months to get all three out.

Malkuth 2009-09-29 00:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaweG (Post 2671091)
Well I just hope that they will be at least somewhat timely about it. My fear is that these will get treated like OVAs and it will take months to get all three out.

As long they deserve the wait, I'm OK with it ... please no more "unnumbered cuts" :heh:

Voitan 2009-09-29 22:19

I agree, I want finished works.

Also, since they'll be on the official website, linking to them on the following episode threads is ok, right?

klare 2009-09-29 22:58

i see... thx for the info

kniteowl 2009-10-01 08:06

kool finally a series that will be adapted with the right amount of time/episodes.

I dunno I've always been annoyed of the fact that some series near they end are shorten or some scenes cut from the source material because they had a limited amount of time/episodes to work with. I wish they did this more often, if they can't air it all on TV, Air it on a website.

I guess if it's only 3 episodes then it's ok but if they're reaching close to 6 or more, probably better left as an OVA/OAD or another season.

Btw I'm looking forward to it.

Intranetusa 2009-10-01 22:40

is this a chronological 13th episode or does it take place between eps 1-12?

monir 2009-10-01 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intranetusa (Post 2678309)

We should have a definitive answer when we get to watch episode 13 though there is no reason to think otherwise. The event should pick up from where episode 12 left off. If you want an answer now then ask away in the Bakemonogatari Novel thread.

aulzon 2009-10-01 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intranetusa (Post 2678309)

It's chronological. (Takes place after episode 12) They still need to finish off Cat's story.

I'm still waiting for a bit of news on the schedule for the next few episodes. Hopefully Shaft doesn't keep us out of the loop, or people will think this series is really finished.

rurupeceaue 2009-10-02 01:45

Uh, will they be releasing the remaining three episodes in a weekly basis??

zato_1one 2009-10-02 06:22

Story in episode 13 from the official site.

Quote:

■第十三話 つばさキャット 其ノ參
ある日、阿良々木暦は、原因不明の頭痛に苦しむ羽川翼からメールで呼び出される。羽川が待つという公園に駆 けつけた阿良々木は、彼女の身に起きた異変を知ることになる。

>>長篇版次回豫告はこちら

※Web配信のみ 配信日時:未定
I think that we will see more info about web airing soon.

Zetsubo 2009-10-02 08:45

Senjogahara thinks Araragi felt up her breast ! lol !

TMSIDR 2009-10-03 05:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voitan (Post 2673706)
I agree, I want finished works.

Also, since they'll be on the official website, linking to them on the following episode threads is ok, right?

I think it doesn't make sense to make the web episodes too perfect because they still want the people to buy the DVDs and Blu-rays. However I don't know how crappy the quaility of the streaming will be in comparison to the TV broadcast.

Salamandra 2009-10-03 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by kniteowl (Post 2676806)
I dunno I've always been annoyed of the fact that some series near they end are shorten or some scenes cut from the source material because they had a limited amount of time/episodes to work with.

I'm still waiting for episode 26 of Berserk.

slidingk1 2009-10-04 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salamandra (Post 2681968)
I'm still waiting for episode 26 of Berserk.

LOL that will happen most likely after the second coming.

NaweG 2009-10-04 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidingk1 (Post 2683695)
LOL that will happen most likely after the second coming.

And still no announcement of when episode 13 (or 14... or 15) is going to be released. So that might not be a bad comparison.

I suspect that they will be releasing the episodes to coincide with the Blu-Ray/DVD releases, which would be one way to refresh interest in the series a few months from now. But I hope I'm being overly mercenary in thinking so.

Daniel E. 2009-10-05 02:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaweG (Post 2683794)
I suspect that they will be releasing the episodes to coincide with the Blu-Ray/DVD releases, which would be one way to refresh interest in the series a few months from now. But I hope I'm being overly mercenary in thinking so.

I don't mind if they decide to take their time. After waiting months for every new Eve no Jikan episode, I have pretty much gotten used to it. :p

A release date would be nice, though.